Fantasy Sisters Box Set Tracklisting!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Smallstone
Road Kill

I'm kinda curious as to what folks would want to see in a Sisters box set - should one ever see the light of the day! Or what is out there on boots that has been purloined from 'official' sources that could be reclaimed....
I love my box sets! Got the recent one by the Band a few weeks back and it's awesome. The Dylan ones are great, the Velvets box has some amazing stuff on it. Likewise the Nuggets boxes. The Joy Division one is beautifully produced.
Basically we all know there is a lot of stuff out there - some of the bootlegs are terrible but there is demo stuff, b sides, live stuff, session stuff. Could expand on Some Girls Wander, include all the albums (or some of the tracks).

I'm not that up on the demo stuff. But been reading about demos of the covers (Emma etc) as well as 'properly' recorded stuff.
What do folks think - is there enough material to fill 4/5 CDs (considering you can get 70-75 mins per CD). DVD? Whether you like or dislike the Band for example their recent Robbie Robertson curated box is great. The booklet is informative, the mastering is great, the 'never heard before' tracks are fascinating. The DVDs got unbelievable TV/live stuff on it...

Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of ALL of the Sisters recorded output, demos as well? Live obviously there is an embarassment of riches...

Apologies if this thread is similar to any previous ones or embarrassingly naive! I'm still new to this board :eek:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This would make a decent 4-CD box set if it got an official release.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
czuczu
Overbomber

In an ideal world?

Live 83
Live 85
Live 91
Live 01
Live Covers

The first 4 discs would be full set shows, the 5th a compilation. All professionally mixed & recorded.

Thanks in advance!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

SGWBM 2-disc set.

1st CD would have all the tracks remixed.
2nd CD would have all the tracks remade.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

All the 1981 - 1985 demos and i mean ALL!! Plus a
nice 60 page booklet with unseen photos ...
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:This would make a decent 4-CD box set if it got an official release.
Has anyone got a spare set knocking around?
I would gladly do some copies myself when I can get the bloody cd copier to work.
Pretty please with sugar on top.
:)
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Dark wrote:SGWBM 2-disc set.

1st CD would have all the tracks remixed.
2nd CD would have all the tracks remade.
:notworthy: :wink:
анархия