MSN Beta 8

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Lo peeps,

I appear to have a few spare invites to the Beta prog for MSN messenger ver 8.
If anyone is interested just let me know & one's yours.

Lee

PS. Please refrain from "Micro$oft are the spawn of the devil...etc.." posts and other flames. I'm not forcing anyone to use it, just offering sommat for free to anyone interested who uses MSN already :P
aims
Overbomber

Am I allowed to pour informed scorn on it based on my beta testing friend's critique and the various screenshots I've been sent? :innocent:

Microsoft don't make crap software by default, their users demand it (don't you hate UI requirements defined by a 12 year old?). People should be told what they need and half of MSN's "features" are not needs by any stretch. Leave the constant expansion to Emacs :von:

But on behalf of those who want to see it for themselves, thanks for th offer ;)
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Motz wrote:Leave the constant expansion to Emacs
Yes, we need constant expansion and advancement in the area of ladies depilatory products...wha'? :eek:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
aims
Overbomber

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html

A rather cool experiment in sentient programming.

Now if only it could edit text like nano :innocent:
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

:lol:

At least the new 'Add Nickname' feature is useful.
It allows you to rename your contacts in your view to whatever YOU want, so that you know who is online despite however many times they change their name to something ridiculous (or is it just me that has strange people in my contacts ?) :innocent:

In it's defence, I've been using it for a while now with no probs ....erm....once you sort out it's default options properly to your own liking anyway.

Lee
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...