sisterhood?

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
wasteland
Road Kill

what happened to he sisters output after the albert hall bust up and the m!ssion etc.

Eldritch release an LP as the sisterhood wth patsy and james ray but none of the tracks or te LP itself seem to have made it onto CD via some girls or overbombing.

has von gloomy disowned this period.?

I seem to reall that Jihad and colours were quite good toons.
aims
Overbomber

For copyright reasons, Von had nothing to do with that period :innocent:

Yet, magically, Colours made it onto Floodland as a bonus track and Giving Ground is played live ;)
Big Si
School Bully

wasteland wrote:what happened to he sisters output after the albert hall bust up and the m!ssion etc.

Eldritch release an LP as the sisterhood wth patsy and james ray but none of the tracks or te LP itself seem to have made it onto CD via some girls or overbombing.

has von gloomy disowned this period.?

I seem to reall that Jihad and colours were quite good toons.
They've definitely been released on CD!

And it's a solo project which received huge amounts of bad reviews/press at the time, but is now looked back upon being actually rather bloody good! :von:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Well, he performs Giving Ground these days, so I don't think he was entirely discontented with this output.

I think it's quite obvious none of the tracks ended up on SGWBM or ASCOO as they're TSOM compilations, not Sisterhood ones, plus SGWBM is s a compilation of the early work...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

to piggyback this thread... i own 2 copies of the Gift LP. one has the catalog number on the spine, one doesn't. (sis020)

anyone know the whys & wherefores of this?
Badlander
Overbomber

The whole thing was put together remarkably quickly. Well :von:'s priority was to prevent Waaaaaayne from using the name The Sisterhood. Quality came second (even though I quite like that thing).

Plus, as Big Si said : it definitely got a CD release.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The CD is fairly hard to come by. The single version of Giving Ground is far better than the Gift version, as well.
davedecay

Dark wrote:The CD is fairly hard to come by. The single version of Giving Ground is far better than the Gift version, as well.
searching ebay, not too many of the GG single show up. a few CDs.

i have the single, too.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

's got some bangin' choons, that CD. Can't work it out, though - no matter what speed I play it on the phonogram, I can't get any sounds out. Dear Doktor, what am I doing wrong?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

EvilBastard wrote:'s got some bangin' choons, that CD. Can't work it out, though - no matter what speed I play it on the phonogram, I can't get any sounds out. Dear Doktor, what am I doing wrong?
Did you plug it in? ;D

Perhaps you just got yourself a crap copy, mine works fine :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
czuczu
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:'s got some bangin' choons, that CD. Can't work it out, though - no matter what speed I play it on the phonogram, I can't get any sounds out. Dear Doktor, what am I doing wrong?
Did you plug it in? ;D

Perhaps you just got yourself a crap copy, mine works fine :urff:
Probably putting the needle on the label side - everyone knows the tunes no the other side.. :innocent:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

davedecay wrote: searching ebay, not too many of the GG single show up. a few CDs.
i have the single, too.
exactly- would you sell yours? i know i wouldn't sell mine; means a lot to me that, as it was probably (definitely) the first release i bought on the day it came out- still reeling from seeing it totally unexpectedly. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
doc P

wasteland wrote:I seem to reall that Jihad and colours were quite good toons.
not to forget rain from heaven!
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
doc P

Dark wrote:The CD is fairly hard to come by. The single version of Giving Ground is far better than the Gift version, as well.
just got the album, not the 7" - rapido?- :innocent: :von:
Last edited by doc P on 15 Mar 2006, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Spiggy's hat

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
davedecay wrote: searching ebay, not too many of the GG single show up. a few CDs.
i have the single, too.
exactly- would you sell yours? i know i wouldn't sell mine; means a lot to me that, as it was probably (definitely) the first release i bought on the day it came out- still reeling from seeing it totally unexpectedly. 8)
I sold my vinyl GG a few years ago on eBAY, and it went for naff all. Someone else on here (can't remember who it was) also sold their copy around the same time, and also only recieved a couple of £.

I would really love a cd of GIFT, where on earth could I get one :innocent:
Give me one good reason
Badlander
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote: I sold my vinyl GG a few years ago on eBAY, and it went for naff all. Someone else on here (can't remember who it was) also sold their copy around the same time, and also only recieved a couple of £.

I would really love a cd of GIFT, where on earth could I get one :innocent:
No surprise. You can get the vinyl from Camden shops for about £10. Wouldn't bother selling mine at such low price. :urff:

EDIT : Wouldn't sell mine at all.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I got a hardly played Giving Ground 7" on ebay a few months back for about £5 to £10 IIRC. Bargain IMO.

The mp3s of Gift are knocking around online, but obviously we can't be seen to be condoning illegal downloads of copyright music, so I can't tell you where. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Badlander wrote:The whole thing was put together remarkably quickly.
and on the seventh day he rested. according to legend. :wink:

didn't realise giving ground was rare i have 2-3 copies of the 7" knocking around. bargain bin stuff 50p and the likes
Goths have feelings too
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:I got a hardly played Giving Ground 7" on ebay a few months back for about £5 to £10 IIRC. Bargain IMO.

The mp3s of Gift are knocking around online, but obviously we can't be seen to be condoning illegal downloads of copyright music, so I can't tell you where. :innocent:
Got my copy of Giving Ground off ebay about 2 months ago, for the princely sum of £1.20. - perfect condition as well. 8)

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Spiggy's hat

markfiend wrote:I got a hardly played Giving Ground 7" on ebay a few months back for about £5 to £10 IIRC. Bargain IMO.

Heaven forbid, and thanks for the Pm from you know who. ;D
Give me one good reason
wasteland
Road Kill

there a copy on fleabay at the mo £25 quid with a few days left....i didnt like it that much....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SISTERHOOD-GI ... dZViewItem
Badlander
Overbomber

wasteland wrote:there a copy on fleabay at the mo £25 quid with a few days left....i didnt like it that much....
Erm... Not sure it's worth that much. :?
And at £25 with 3 days left... No bargain IMO.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i've seen them go for £50+ before on ebay. :|
as an owner of the vinyl format twice over (and both were bought new so at least some of my cash was actually going to the artist) i felt it was perfectly acceptable to get a copy burned off of my mate's cd when i saw how much they were going for.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Badlander
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i've seen them go for £50+ before on ebay. :|
:eek:
At least if the vinyl was hard to find I'd understand, but...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Like "Stop The World" by Ghost Dance, it's easier to find the vinyl than the CD, it seems. Though that particular album is available for download anyway.