Vision Thing Shirt

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Dark
Underneath the Rock

I meant yes, I said yes really, nobody can prove otherwise, you hear me, NOBODY!!

<.<

>.>
Last edited by Dark on 11 Apr 2006, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yes it is. Given out by record company way back when I believe. Got mine through someone who worked in record shops and he assured me, like the Vision Thing belt and the This Corrosion t-shirt, that it was official.

Matt..

Kind of a bargin, especially since it's from the espirt website!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Vision Thing BELT!!??? As in an Eye Of Horus buckle? Corrr... 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Vision Thing BELT!!??? As in an Eye Of Horus buckle? Corrr... 8)
Check out the UTR with pictures of the Sisters supporting the 'Mode - Andreas has one on.

One was up on eBay a while ago - can't remember how much it went for.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Dave wrote:As in an Eye Of Horus buckle? Corrr...
I met a man in Leeds who has one. I'm not sure where the picture is I took of it now...

:notworthy:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I know someone in town who has an Eye Of Horus buckle. Shame they're so expensive usually.
Badlander
Overbomber

Dark wrote:I know someone in town who has an Eye Of Horus buckle. Shame they're so expensive usually.
Are you sure this is a TSOM item ? It may well not be after all. Maybe he's just into Egyptian stuff. :innocent:

He may even be an Alan Parsons fan. Image
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

real V T belts usually costs around £100 on ebay. mine cost a pint of beer from a person who didn't care anymore.

not so sure about the t-shirt that started this thread though :?

* with the real VT design, the motif isn't a solid block of gold? *
Goths have feelings too
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Badlander wrote:
Dark wrote:I know someone in town who has an Eye Of Horus buckle. Shame they're so expensive usually.
Are you sure this is a TSOM item ? It may well not be after all. Maybe he's just into Egyptian stuff. :innocent:

He may even be an Alan Parsons fan. Image
Definitely a TSOM fan. I asked him about it first time I met him. He lent me the Kiss The Blade video, and some Kiss The Blade fanzines, and burnt me a few boots. Nice guy, if still a little bit drug-addled from his past.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:real V T belts usually costs around £100 on ebay. mine cost a pint of beer from a person who didn't care anymore.

not so sure about the t-shirt that started this thread though :?

* with the real VT design, the motif isn't a solid block of gold? *
Blimey, right place right time Ez. Let me know when you don't care anymore, the pint will be on its way. :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
mugabe

90x60 mm.

I bought an official VT shirt at Wembley in '90. The symbol looked like the one on the album cover, with the embossed effect, and it also had thin black lines across it. I wonder where mine is.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

aye, i have one of those belts.

i was given it some time ago by another heartlander as it didnt fit him, and never had... it had been in the bottom of his wardrobe for the last 13 or so years and never seen the light of day :lol:

;)

i wore it a few times when i first got it, but dont really wear it anymore to be honest. :?

do they really go for that much cash? :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
davedecay

methinks those VT belts weren't produced expressly for TSOM; they seem generic & not at all "Sisters-y" looking.

is there anything on the back about WEA/Elektra, or Merciful Release? i passed on one because it's really just an eye of Horus buckle, not a TSOM buckle.

the head/star on that shirt pic posted looks a bit off-centre.
mugabe

Well, they were sent out as promotion for the VT album, and the design is the same as the one on the cover (a quick Google search would suggest that most other designs look a bit different, and are flipped horizontally). Also, Andreas Bruhn was seen sporting one way back when.

I kind of miss him, btw. My favourite of the post-1990 guitarists.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nice Shirt. That Buckles a neat piece of work too , official or not.
force
Road Kill

paint it black wrote:real V T belts usually costs around £100 on ebay.
And now you tell me this. Some time ago there was one for sale at the Finnish eBay equivalent. I think it went for 20 euros or something after it was listed few times and no one bid on it. I thought about buying it but then I figured it was most likely a bootleg since I had never seen one for sale.
GlosGoth
Road Kill

the shirt was mentioned in UTR No1 as a record company promo.
It's definately official.

The vision thing eye of horus belts were distributed free with initial copies of the the More 12" in the UK only. It's rumoured there were only fifty made. There is nothing on the the rear of the buckle and the casting is rather poor.

It's pretty rare and I've only seen one on eBay in years. Value? £100.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

100 quid :o

methinks a raffle at the HL bash in july is in order ;) :lol:
zippy
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:100 quid :o

methinks a raffle at the HL bash in july is in order ;) :lol:
Thats NOT bad,a 100 quid :eek: wow :eek:
Am a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a enigma
jande

I thought I had bought mine from the Reptile House via an ad in UTR. Looking through my UTR stuff, the issue dated 10 November 91 mentions that the t-shirt and the 'eye logo' buckles were produced by East West as a promotional item in the Uk.
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
Drenchrom

There must be more than 50 of those belts. I can think of at least 12 people who got one, some have two!

Greedy buggers.

Matt..
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

well thats a definite then. i've decided i shall be selling raffle tickets for a quid at the saturday heartland meet-up @ the george in july.

i will draw the winning ticket at the end of night and they can have my belt ;D :D

the proceeds of the raffle shall be donated to amnesty international.

the winner should say thanks to biggy though, for it was he that gave the belt to me in the first place :lol: :notworthy:
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote::lol:

well thats a definite then. i've decided i shall be selling raffle tickets for a quid at the saturday heartland meet-up @ the george in july.

i will draw the winning ticket at the end of night and they can have my belt ;D :D

the winner should say thanks to biggy though, for it was he that gave the belt to me in the first place :lol: :notworthy:
People do seem to keep giving you stuff and then you give it away..I've got first dibs on that guitar then ;D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote::lol:

People do seem to keep giving you stuff and then you give it away..I've got first dibs on that guitar then ;D
ha! no way ;)

still got your drum stick from mr lever too. anyone (apart from ness) fancy that? :innocent:

:P