new Brussels date!!!

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm first :D

a few weeks back I said the first AB-gig was great...how wrong was I.....this was (if I count well) my 11th sisters gig, spread over 10 years (ochtrup 1996 was the first), and I think I NEVER saw such an enthusiast crowd.....f**k it was great....
the gig itself was a lot like the previous one, with the exceptions of burn and falaa and I was wrong being played, and the new song, while temple and this corrosion weren't played....
but von yelled more, whichis always a good thing, while I was wrong must be one of the gentler versions ever....
for once an interesting range so it seems.....

I'm too enthusiastic right now to say more, and my arms hurt, and my back, and my hands (for I had to protect my wife who was on the second row....)
good night!
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

at the icon :oops: randdebiel² you are a guy right ...

:notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:

I´ve been thinking of you all and hoped it was everything it should have been! Thank you for your review and quick response! :notworthy:

Go and have a bath or shower with your wife and enjoy the glow of the after gig...hehe! ooo I can feel the vibes!

MB 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
randdebiel²

MadameButterfly wrote:at the icon :oops: randdebiel² you are a guy right ...

:notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:

I´ve been thinking of you all and hoped it was everything it should have been! Thank you for your review and quick response! :notworthy:

Go and have a bath or shower with your wife and enjoy the glow of the after gig...hehe! ooo I can feel the vibes!

MB 8)
it's what I intend to do, cheers
randdebiel²

ah, and for the record, opposite to the idiotic NIHIL, the opening band today (some sort of doom metal band) was absolutel great!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the review! :notworthy:

So Burn is back? :eek: The short version (1:30 or so) they have been playing before during this tour or the longer version?
"as we walk on the floodland"
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

20th time I saw them.

I was afraid (GF for the first time present) because I had read much bad reviews lately.

But, this was the best gig I ever saw of them. Brilliant. Good sound, goood smoke. Nice version of Lucretia, btw.

Thanx for the lovely evening, I should say :D
nostalgy ain't what it used to be
Bejito
Road Kill

I'm back home too...Man, this time round everything was as it was supposed to be...It was awesome...And yes, Von and the rest seemed to be having a better time now too...Sound was incredible...God, the show blew me away today...a 3rd gig in 2 weeks please? ;D
I hope someone succeeded in making a good recording this time round...let me know if you did, so i can get my hands on it too 8)
Maybe ill put something more on tomorrow, but right now i'm still too stoked..
Night y'all
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Just back!
Beter then the first AB gig.
Nice setlist with, special songs:
Burn
Still
Neverland
I Was Wrong
First & Last & Always
Vision Thing
meat is murder
Road Kill

:eek: :eek: :eek: absolutely f**king brilliant gig! definitely in my top 3 of best sisters concerts!

like the new song as well... and, but maybe that's old news, ben played bass during neverland and i was wrong?! never thought i'd live to see the day... :notworthy:
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

HisWimmNess wrote:20th time I saw them.

I was afraid (GF for the first time present) because I had read much bad reviews lately.

But, this was the best gig I ever saw of them. Brilliant. Good sound, goood smoke. Nice version of Lucretia, btw.

Thanx for the lovely evening, I should say :D
girlfriend recognised 3 songs ;D but enjoyed the show very much.
Finally she understands my choices in music. Thanx AE :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
nostalgy ain't what it used to be
brunobossier
Amphetamine Filth

On the menu tonight (order can be wrong) :

Crash and burn
Ribbons
Will I dream
Flood 1
Burn
Giving ground
Summer
Dominion / Mother Russia
Slept
We are the same Suzanne
Still
Alice
Anaconda
I was wrong (accoustic version)
Neverland
FALAA

Something fast
Lucreatia my reflection

Top nite out
Vision thing

Really enjoyed the gig, probably because I already had a few beers before the gig, but mainly because I did not have any expectations. Probably second best Sisters gig I ever saw. Best one was London 97 where they opened with Kiss the carpet and they also played Burn and Blood money.

Highlights : Ribbons, Slept, Burn, Alice, FALAA
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

HisWimmNess wrote:
girlfriend recognised 3 songs
:eek: Which ones?

When I took my girlfriend to the Cologne gig she only recognised "This Corrosion" :lol: :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
mrgreen
Road Kill

Let me be the first to post audio from the Brussels gig 8)

Here's a rough/unedited/ unclean sample of Burn :von:
Bejito
Road Kill

You got the whole show??? Woohoo, i already like the quality of the recording...let me know when you get the entire thing online :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

mrgreen wrote:Let me be the first to post audio from the Brussels gig 8)

Here's a rough/unedited/ unclean sample of Burn :von:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mrgreen
Road Kill

Bejito wrote:You got the whole show??? Woohoo, i already like the quality of the recording...let
Yep, I've got the whole show. Quality is quite good, but some tweaking will be needed. I'll post another sample tomorrow.
vicus

@mrgreen: :notworthy:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

just got home from what was i my opinion the best gig ever!!
had a good feeling during the dub.. :d
when crash and burn kicked in i saw that Ben was really into it.. only to be confirmed during ribbons..which was the best version i ever heard...
smoke was not too mch.. and being on the 3rd row on the left side this time i had a realy good view..
gave Ben the thumbs up for doing a smashing job, whch he replied with an appreciative nod and smile.. :d
was completely surprised by the order of things after ribbons.. and i knew this show was gonna be something special..
was also surprised by Eldo's voice..he was screaming again.. put more soul into it than 3 weeks ago.. you could see and feel they were in a verry good mood...

setlist above is a little bit wrong..
I was Wrong came after Falaa.. which surprised me, hearing the 2 "softer" songs after eachother..

the crowd was realy top (except for some wankers talking loud and laughing right behind my during the beautiful "i was wrong"
they really move AB during Alice, Dominion,...and vision thing almost brought the house down..

the new songs was great.. and you could see the heartland members clearly, cause they where the only ones singing along, already knowing it.. while the rest of the crowd was trying to figger it out...

top moments for me: Ribbons, Flood, Burn, Giving ground, neverland (cause of the smashing bass job by Ben) Falaa and Top night out..

i tried recording the show, but was verry close to the stage / speakers, so i didn't think quality would be any good.. but when we listened a bit in the car, it seemed to be of much better quality than expected...(won't be as good as mr greens though..could even be that when i listen to it on my pc that it's total crap...)

anyhow.. total conclusion: a top night out, to the best gig i've ever seen! with smashing vocals, well mixed, good echoes, verry good guitarplay, not too much smoke..
and if i see any bad review of some wannabe reportern, i'm gonna kick his ass...
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
frederik

What a hell of a gig this was! Really one of the best I've ever seen from the Sisters :innocent: :innocent:

Tracklist was (maybe the order isn't right):

Intro/Crash & Burn/Ribbons/Will I Dream/Flood I/Suzanne/Burn/Giving Ground/Summer/Dominion/Neverland/Alice/Anaconda/Slept/Still/I Was Wrong/First and Last and Always/Something Fast/Lucretia/Top Night Out/Vision Thing

Also :von: was in a really good mood and the recently so discussed volume couldn't have been better (uncompairable to Brussels 22/4)

Not to many smoke also...seems like everything was on it's place this time

It was also great to meet some of you HL'rs.. :) :wink: 8)

regards to Obviousman, Radio Jamaica, Christophe and Andrew S (hope you enjoy the rest of the tour... :lol: )

Also regards to Joerie and Liesbeth for a great time with you guys on the first row... :innocent: 8) :kiss:

For last I hope that someone has recorded the gig and will be able to share or weed it because this was really a top night out!!

Take care 8)
fred.
Ghostrider

frederik wrote: regards to Obviousman, Radio Jamaica, Christophe and Andrew S
yeah.. enjoy the weeds.. :)
more will follow :P
nice to have seen you guys...
James Blast
Banned

no TGGI?

see Glasgow thread :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ghostrider

not that i'm aware off..

there was a point though that something was going on frontstage..

Von stopped at the end of a song and said:

"Whoever 's doing that, stop it, it's realy annoying"

was the most words he said out off a song.. :P

he had a good moment aswell, at the end of VT, when the guitars kept howling, he started howling a bit aswell.. reminded me a bit of the epic Sister ray version of the neerpelt boot.. so i was hoping for an extra for the beloved belgian crowd..:)
would have been amasing, a sister ray version with the amazing Ben and Chris.. :p.. but than again.. one can only dream.... did i dream? i wish..:p

ps: recording quality as pretty nice, except for the bass overkill.. this time the treble is better.. so is fine..
once cleaned out i'll maybe post some snippets of it here...
libby

Just got home... gonna fall asleep with a big smile on my face 8)

It was soooo nice meeting you guys ... Christophe, Obviousman, Radio Jamaica, hope to see you again on one or another occasion :D :wink:

Frederik and his lovely better half .. we've had a great time frontstage. You really make a great couple. Keep on enjoying the music together :kiss:

Andrew S I hope all the other gigs you're gonne attend will be as awesome as this one. Good luck :wink:

Good night ... we belgians are the chosen ones... :von: :notworthy:

More to follow...
Ghostrider

correct setlist, as taken from my recording:
timings are at start of song, first note

intro 0.00
crash and burn 1.12
ribbons 5.28
will i dream 8.40
Flood I 12.34
Burn 17.15
Suzanne 19.16
Giving Ground 23.38
("stop doing that, it's really anoying") (TGGI?)
Summer 27.56
Dominion 31.20
Slept 37.09
Still 40.35
Alice 43.15
Anaconda 46.41
Neverland 49.31
I was Wrong 53.05
FALAA 55.53

59.42 < Break > 62.39

Something Fast 62.39
Lucreatia 65.26

69.43 < Break > 71.15

Top night out 71.15
Vision thing 74.43

> end > 79.54

hope this is usefull to anyone..
now i'm going to bed.. calculate the song times yourselfs..lol..
doc P

mrgreen wrote:Yep, I've got the whole show. Quality is quite good, but some tweaking will be needed. I'll post another sample tomorrow.
@ : Herr Grün :Wir wollen keine samples :innocent:
wir wollen den ganzen gig s.v.p. :wink:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.