South American dates

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

A couple of friends and I are considering going to both South American dates (depending on the unlikely event of us finding cheap enough flights!!). As I'm not familiar with either city, I would be grateful for any advice about venue location, best areas for cheap accommodation nearby, how long it takes to get to airports, public transport etc. etc. Just about any information at all will help a lot! Also, Sao Paulo and Rio look quite close on the map, but as Brazil is such a large country, am I right in presuming we'll need to fly if we want to get to both gigs on time? Any advice or useful links from South America Heartlanders would be a great help to us. Thanks in advance. :notworthy:
JRoberto
Road Kill

Andrew S - Yes, Rio is far from Sao Paulo and you'll need to take a flight to catch both shows. Good news is that, as this is a high frequency route, the prices are cheap.

I don't know about Rio, in Sao Paulo, the show will be in the VIA FUNCHAL venue :

www.viafunchal.com.br

The Via funchal site lists these hotels, they are near the venue :

http://www.accorhotels.com.br/guiahotei ... d_hotel=94

http://www.estanplaza.com.br/hoteis/fun ... a&IDLang=1

http://www.atlanticahotels.com.br/atlan ... umHotel=43

Sure they are not the cheapest, but I believe there are not any cheaper hotels near this venue. Just so you know one dollar equals 2,13 brazilian REAIS. The pound is a little stronger, one pound equals 3 brazilian reais
_emma_
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:A couple of friends and I are considering going to both South American dates
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
I assume if the Sisters announced a gig on the Moon the three of you would follow them there too. :notworthy:
You lucky rich people. :evil: :cry:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for that Roberto. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: And Emma, we ain't rich - just normally sensible people being very very silly for once in our lives. :)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

JRoberto wrote:
I don't know about Rio, in Sao Paulo, the show will be in the VIA FUNCHAL venue :

www.viafunchal.com.br
Very nice of those people to put Cry Little Sister on their site as a taster :lol: Manuel... anybody :innocent:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :roll: :von:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: Blimey. That's probably grounds for the gig being cancelled!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Pffft. They're playing Hussey's back yard. If Andrew will tolerate that, he'll tolerate anything :lol:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Johnny M wrote::lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :roll: :von:
Seconded :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lachert
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:Very nice of those people to put Cry Little Sister on their site as a taster :lol: Manuel... anybody :innocent:
no s**t :eek: sweet jesus :eek: it's true :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
tailao
Road Kill

People,

Now in my site THE PICTURES OF TSOM BRAZILIAN TOUR - OCTOBER - 1990 and some plus...

http://tailao.multiply.com/photos/album/13

:)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Brilliant pics tailao, thanks for sharing them. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote: I assume if the Sisters announced a gig on the Moon the three of you would follow them there too. :notworthy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.