Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
torch & water walking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DomConway
Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now then

I've been trying to get my head around this here line from Torch for ages:

Would he walk upon the water
If he couldn't walk away

I realise it's a biblical reference to Jesus walking on the water, but I just can't grasp what AE means here... Is he trying to say the only reason Jesus walked on the water is because he could have walked away if he wanted to do you reckon? If so, what's the significance? If not, what do you reckon he's on about? Anyone else think I think too much? I think I probably do
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, PiB!! Interesting stuff, indeed... Our fearless leader!

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

from the mixi.net site:

Quote:
``Tim came in very, very late on the last album,'' Eldritch recounts. ``Only in time to play a few parts on one song. Tim's very much looking forward to getting some credits on the next album, but I don't think Andreas is really that bothered.''

Do you think Tim's input will bring back a more intricate style of guitar work over the top of some of the more rockier stuff?

``Yeah. Particularly what I always call the M62 sound. you've got like a band across the north of England, and any northern English guitar player, whether they come from Hull or Leeds or Sheffield or Manchester or Liverpool, you can always tell that they come from that band of the country. That's a sound that I did kind of miss on Vision Thing.''

So when is the next studio album likely to hit the streets then?

``We started last week, putting our minds to it,'' Eldritch admits, ``I dunno, in the past I've concieved, recorded and put out an album in ten days and I've also conceived, recorded and put out an album in three years so I really don't know how long it's going to take.''

Rolling Eyes

the cake is a lie
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Zig, Sin and anyone else who might want to know

with thanks - coz i can't be arsed typing it all up Razz

http://www.mixi.net/Sisters.Of.Mercy/Interviews/Siren.May.92.html

"By `old guys', Eldritch is referring to ex-Sisters. The list is long, with Eldritch and the good Doktor Avalanche remaining as the only constants throughout. The first to leave was Ben Gunn, who went on to form a band called Torch that went nowhere fast"

and the subsequent importance of the song - why IMHO it was forced into Floodland Rolling Eyes

again with thanks - coz i can't be arsed typing it all up Razz

http://gps.tsom.org/history.html

"The situation was unresolvable, and, perhaps surprisingly, Adams was the first to crack. Eldritch presented 'Torch' as a new song, to which Adams objected to the bass line and walked out. The following day Hussey also quit the band."

paint it black

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wink Twisted Evil

Last edited by paint it black on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I echo Sin's words, hu?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@PiB:

"I always took it to be a subtle dig at an ex-band member (he who went on to form Torch big clue)"

Erm - pardon my ignorance, but - huh? :Confused:

paint it black

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by paint it black on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I take it to mean you don't appreciate a person or thing unless you realise you could lose it.

Cheers

M
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeap, thanks Our fearless leader!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: