'Where the street fold round'

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Kerosene
Road Kill

'Where the street fold round'

This line is in Driven Like The Snow and Under The Gun.
I might be a bit slow off the mark... but what's it refer to?

BTW I just renewed my abandoned account here, and I'm pretty sure this is my first post.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Seeing as its your first post n all....

"Where the sky meets the ground, where the streets fold round"..

might also mean when sung... where this guy meets the ground, the streets fold round being part of the feeling of crashing to the ground as the world whizzes past .

kinda

;D
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

The sky's the limit and someone's gone full circle. ;D

edit - I can't leave it. I have to go into it some more. :lol:

Von goes on to say later on: Took a lot to live a lot like you. I think that what he's saying is his ability to control his habit was incredibly small since getting together with her and that he's gone full circle, back to how he was circa 1985. This explains the next line: I don't go there now. The whole white snow thing can be taken as a reference for coke too.

The song was about his breakup with his second (serious?) girlfriend after Claire.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

a fold can also pen you in
Goths have feelings too
mh
Above the Chemist

"Where the sky meet the ground" is obviously the horizon, might be a "somewhere over the rainbow" moment for Von. I've always seen "where the street fold round" quite literally, as in a corner. Turning a corner then, maybe?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:"Where the sky meet the ground" is obviously the horizon, might be a "somewhere over the rainbow" moment for Von. I've always seen "where the street fold round" quite literally, as in a corner. Turning a corner then, maybe?

yup that too :idea:
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

A few more thoughts on all of this from the archives of the other place: http://www.mail-archive.com/dominion@to ... 00176.html

Von does love his horizons, though, and all that they can represent: a long white line; a limit to perception or understanding; something to break on through.

I think Chris (on Dominion) makes an interesting point that, in Crash & Burn, Eldritch seems to at least be considering "break[ing] what he's been given, rather than respect[ing] its fragility," while deciding whether he/his life should be driven (like the snow) or something that he drives.

(Random aside: I have my ~16k itunes library shuffling away happily, and, just as I start writing this, Judy Collins' cover of "The Sisters of Mercy" comes on. Funny old world.)
[repeat x40]