HEROIN

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

f**k YOU ALL
Last edited by JAMES RAY on 03 May 2007, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
boudicca
Sister Midnight

JAMES RAY wrote:And one final thing. ‘Brown Kendal Mintcake’ is a reference to ‘Brown Kendal Mintcake’.
:eek: s**t! So that's why it's not doing anything!

Well said that man.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I would agree with your analysis of the "just say no" record. I'd certainly never heard of heroin before that time.

On the judging issue, the few people I have met who have been regular users of that drug have tended by and large to be c*nts. I don't know whether such c*ntishness is a cause, or an effect of the H. I suspect the latter.

Whatever the truth of the matter, a wise man once said "do not judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes."
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
_emma_
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:On the judging issue, the few people I have met who have been regular users of that drug have tended by and large to be c*nts. I don't know whether such c*ntishness is a cause, or an effect of the H. I suspect the latter.
It's an effect. I've known quite a few, and none of them used to be a c**t before. :(
[/b]
TourGuider
Road Kill

All you need to know just click

http://www.stopaddiction.com/narconon_drugs_heroin.html

I must say heroin is too nice ,so please do not start this s**t you will die !!
Last edited by TourGuider on 05 Jul 2006, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I know a person who has been using heroin since 1994, and he’s a lovely, trustworthy chap who’s never screwed anyone over, always willing to help others, is fun to be around, and is holding down a decent job

But, I also know a couple others and they are complete bastards. There’s my neighbour who has a baby she always fobs off on her mothers and others, and is always begging for money and is just bitchy in general. Then there’s this guy who shall remain anonymous, who is a nice guy until he’s having withdraw symptoms, and then it’s best just to stay away from him because he gets very violent.

Heroin is rife where I live, it seems like everyone is on it. A friend of mine recently died from a mixture of heroin, alcohol and sleeping pills and I was totally gutted and still am. It’s also ripped apart quite a few families where I live.

But, I don’t think heroin being illegal is improving anything. I personally think anti-heroin ad campaigns just attract a certain group of people to the drug and doesn’t have an effect on anyone else. As well as this, the ignorance that was taught in my school about drugs was astounding. I have friends who think the stereotype of junkies being thin white kids with hepatitis-C who sit in the corner of their room all day with a needle hanging out of their arm is true. Arrest one dealer and another dealer will just come along and take his place.

Heroin isn’t a smart drug to do, but I think legalising it would improve things for everyone; users and non-users.

1 - heroin would be as cheap as cigarettes, therefore not expensive for the poorer addicts, which makes it hard for them to support their habit and causes some to go into prostitution, thievery and become homeless.

2 - if legal, heroin would be moderated and only pure, uncut heroin would be sold, making it safer to use.

3 - if legal, there’d be an age restriction, because some dealers really don’t give a crap about the age of who they are selling to.

4 - people wouldn’t be buying from street dealers, and in big cities this would cause less turf wars.

5 - There’d be more space in prisons and police could focus all their energy into catching real criminals instead of junkies.

6 - Easier for the addict to obtain clean needles if he wishes to IV instead of ‘chasing the dragon’.

7 - addicts could live a more productive, healthy life and if they wish to get help they would be more inclined to without fear of going to a doctor and him getting the police involved (I've known some who say that's one of their main fears about getting help).

8 - Heroin could be taxed and the money made off of it could be used for healthcare.

Now you may think it’d be insane to legalise heroin, but if legal it’d be easier to moderate. And remember, at least where I live, anyone who wants heroin can get it; there wouldn’t be that large of an influx in users, it’d be miniscule. If legal, to discourage it being advertised and promoted, a law could be made which illegalises all advertising of heroin.

Prohibition really doesn’t work, it just makes things more dangerous for those who wish to use. Using drugs shouldn’t be a legal decision, it should be a moral decision.
_emma_
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:Using drugs shouldn’t be a legal decision, it should be a moral decision.
Exactly.
But I'd also add, self-preservation-instinct's decision.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

nick the stripper wrote:Prohibition really doesn’t work, it just makes things more dangerous for those who wish to use. Using drugs shouldn’t be a legal decision, it should be a moral decision.
Totally. :notworthy:

But you can't get there from here. The government has to be "tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime". Decriminalisation even of cannabis isn't likely in our lifetimes unfortunately; the logical argumant against prohibition is pretty unassailable, but the political argument, as always, isn't about logic.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I like the Velvet Underground.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

it's my wife, it's my life (Heroin Lou Reed V.U )
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Mr. Ray:

I don't know your works enough to judge you, and I never will judge a person I don't know well enough. Still, who am I to judge anyway.

But just one question: if you are so opposed to drugs, then why do you use this really untasteful avatar?

I promised myself (Nick Kamen ;))that I would not get involved into the Scardwel/Boudicca/Alice-Temple/James Ray soap-opera that has started somewhere this week, but I am not surprised that some people take offense and start getting upset when you start using such avatars.

I don't say you don't have the right to use such an avatar, that's really Quiffy's decision I think.

But when I would use a Swastika as an avatar, and then start a post entitled 'I am really not into nazism and all that s**t', most people would still be offended by it and have doubts about me and my beliefs anyway.

Just a statement, not an opinion.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

I won't presume to read James Ray's mind here, but what the image evokes to me is a very stark reality of drug addiction. It's nasty, horrible stuff, and there in black and white where you can't avoid it.

The street I work on is commonly called "Methadone Alley", and I only have to look out the window at any given second to see enough junkies to last me a lifetime.

Now, I know for a fact that some start on heroin because they think there's something "cool" or "sexy" or "dangerous" (in the same sense that Rock 'n' Roll is "dangerous") about it.

One look at the harsh facts and it's blatantly obvious that is not the case.

The avatar (whatever it's intention) says the same to me.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I Like Drugs, not as much as I used to as I'm old and falling tae bits. It doesnae make me a bad person and I've never had a problem with it.

I've never done H, I think it's the drug of choice for w@nkers.

There's been too much throwing of toys oot the pram on this one, fair enough there's a difference of opinion but we're all old enough and ugly enough to step back when need be.

It's a shame that peeps feel the need to leave and others need to rationilise their choices/past postings to this extent.

Now I'm expecting a nice bit of Kendal cake come the Big Weekend, a few beers and no Heroin what.so.ever.

Hugs
weeble
;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
streamline
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote: There's been too much throwing of toys oot the pram on this one, fair enough there's a difference of opinion but we're all old enough and ugly enough to step back when need be.

It's a shame that peeps feel the need to leave and others need to rationilise their choices/past postings to this extent.
:notworthy:
Listen to the man, he speaks sense :|

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
scotty
Overbomber

streamline wrote:
weebleswobble wrote: There's been too much throwing of toys oot the pram on this one, fair enough there's a difference of opinion but we're all old enough and ugly enough to step back when need be.

You've never met him, have you. :innocent: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
mh
Above the Chemist

streamline wrote:

Or, to put it another way...

:| :| :| :| :|
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I’ve never tried heroin, but I have tried codeine, which sucked, and oxycodone - very, very stupid I know. Oxycodone gave me, to be honest, the greatest feeling I’ve ever experienced, and that was enough to put me off for life because I knew that if I tried it anymore I’d most likely get hooked.

All opiates are a mug’s game for the simple face they’re so good. I can understand why they’re easy to get psychologically addicted to, which, in the end, leads to physical addiction too.

I’m not sure why so many people are bastards on heroin, because, as I’ve said in an earlier post, I know a heroin addict who is a lovely person. Perhaps it’s like beer and depends on the user’s personality? Some people are bastards while drunk and some people are very friendly and over-sociable.

To stress the point: not everyone fit’s the junky stereotype; yes, a lot do, but not all.

But anyways, yes, opiates: they’re hell because they’re heaven.
James Blast
Banned

I am on so many drugs you wouldn't believe, I should add they are all prescribed and very legal.
Probably the only things that keep me alive and posting.

As for the dangerous stuff:
a few barbs with alcohol
Wizz
weed
LSD (twice and never again, NEVER!)

My drugs of choice are:
fags
strong German bier
South of the Equator reds
Heartland - it's people

G'night :)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I dont think i can really add anything that hasn't already been said here, but ill just say that ive known quite a few addicts: some have been great people and some have been wankers so It certainly does vary from person to person.

Ive never had a heroin addiction so i cant really give my opinion on its long term effects, but theres definately too many people ive seen who take up heroin for the sole reason of having an addiction, and thats just not cricket.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

ryan wrote: ive known quite a few addicts: some have been great people and some have been wankers so It certainly does vary from person to person.
I guess you can replace "addicts" by "people".

No experience with heroin or other chemical drugs. In my early days I read the book "Christianne F.....Banhoff zum Zoo". It's about heroin. They call it horse. I knew enough then and sticked to "nederwiet".

One question on Mr. Ray's post: Why using such an avatar? :roll:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

Reading Trainspotting was enough to put me off.
I don't want to die and leave a kitten behind. :cry:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:Reading Trainspotting was enough to put me off.
I don't want to die and leave a kitten behind. :cry:

Saw the movie....
"as we walk on the floodland"
scotty
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote: I don't want to die and leave a kitten behind. :cry:
That would be a shame :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Smoked the occasional J a decade or so ago, but only as a 'group smoker', never bought weed myself. Now I'm off the stuff.

Now, my only addiction is smoking (regrettable enough, but I really like a Barclay Menthol from time to time), beer/wine/Irish Whiskey, and music.

I never needed synthetic drugs. I totally let that pass by me, although I had enough opportunities, what with being a musician and all.
I was also very surprised about rather famous musicians snorting everything in sight, while they seemed or pretended to be very 'clean' guys.
Also vice versa; people I thought were all sex, drugs and rock and roll turned out to drink the occasional red/white wine before a gig, but mainly drank water and fruit juice, had an occasional smoke to calm the nerves before the gig, and went to bed early to be ready for the next day's appointment with their fitness coach.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Ozpat wrote: No experience with heroin or other chemical drugs. In my early days I read the book "Christianne F.....Banhoff zum Zoo". It's about heroin. They call it horse. I knew enough then and sticked to "nederwiet".
Strangely enough when I read the book "Christiane F - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo" and saw the film it rather did the opposite. The fact that the characters seemed to live in their own world etc. had quite some appeal for me. The reason why I still never touched H was that a) I "knew" that if I touched it once, I'd never come off it again, and b) I had too much to loose (a promising life, friends, family).

I think all these "shock, horror - look what will happen to you if ..." campaigns don't do much to achieve their goal - see anti-smoking campaigns for a reference and how many smokers it has (or rather: hasn't) got off their addiction/habit. A healthy environment (rather in the psychological than the physical sense of the word) and calm rational information do far more to prevent any addiction imho.
You can't fix stupid.