Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Istanbul 3.september
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #26  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

would be nice to see you there, Zuma! Very Happy

Zuma wrote:
Last time I was there had to go through endless queues and 4 or 5 security checks. You even get put through a metal detector just to enter the building.

wee-eell, a lemur with funny bleached haircut, earrings and sisters tattoo would probably get more circles of hell... I mean - contacts with security people It wasn't me...
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #27  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
I shouldn't even be considering it, but it might make up for missing Budapest.

I hope our Magyar friends didn't hear the last expression...
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #28  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yer all mad I say! Mad!
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
Yer all mad I say! Mad!

someone already said it today... well, not about all of us, just about me... and another one started to laugh and said "oh no" when I mentioned Istanbul in a phone call... I'm almost a professional entertainer here...
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #30  Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

according to the last news...

1) Sisters will play less than 1 hour;
2) front section for Sisters set sold out;
3) don't know if any other fan will go there for sure...

...I'm not sure myself anymore... Sad
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #31  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pikkrong wrote:

it must be a joke Surprised
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #32  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartoszek wrote:
pikkrong wrote:

it must be a joke Surprised

please prove it, mate, before I cancel my flight to Istanbul. all I know, is:

http://www.biletix.com/eng/live/wtsevent.php?Eventcd=GRCO0
(Sisters should start 21:00)

and
http://www.biletix.com/eng/live/wtsevent.php?Eventcd=GRCO8
(Placebo should start 22:00 the same day)

and - I really don't know what does it mean but I got that answer when I clicked "find tickets" for Sisters' "front of stage" area tickets:

Bu etkinlišin Żnternet üzerinden yapżlan bilet satżžlarż sona ermižtir.

Ešer etkinlik tarihine kżsa bir süre kaldżysa bilet satżžlarż Biletix Perakende Satżž Noktalarżnda ve ana gižede devam ediyor olabilir.
Ešer etkinlik tarihine en az iki gün var ise kurye teslimatż sona ermižtir.

Daha fazla bilgi iēin Ēašrż Merkezini arayabilirsiniz. (0 216 556 9800)

Težekkür ederiz.

eotunun
Overbomber

PostPost #33  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That`s turkish for "We want to be members of the European Union but we don`t want to talk to them!"
What amateurs! Rolling Eyes
As flights to turkey are cheap I was considering raising the money to see the gig, but that`s cancelled now.
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #34  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eotunun wrote:
That`s turkish for "We want to be members of the European Union but we don`t want to talk to them!"
What amateurs! Rolling Eyes
As flights to turkey are cheap I was considering raising the money to see the gig, but that`s cancelled now.

I haven't cancelled my own flight yet. Waiting for someone proving me I have been wrong in every point...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #35  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll ask a passer-by to translate perhaps Laughing (or - as Belgian television once did for translating the Turkish Eurosong song - the cleaning lady Laughing)

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #36  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eotunun wrote:

Flights from Glasgow certainly ain't cheap, so I've had to admit defeat on this one. Crying or Very sad I don't see the point in shelling out over £330 to fly to a part of the world that deserves more time than a weekend visit, just to stand in a field all day in the not-sold-out rear section, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Sisters during their 45 minute set. Even I'm not that daft.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #37  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
Even I'm not that daft.
It wasn't me... Mr. Green
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #38  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
Even I'm not that daft.

I think they'll let you off, Andrew.

Just this once, mind. The girls will start getting withdrawal symptoms if you miss another Laughing
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #39  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
just to stand in a field all day in the not-sold-out rear section, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Sisters during their 45 minute set.

that would be harsh indeed Wierded Out
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #40  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Come to think of it...surely they owe you guys a guest-list place or two for that kind of devotion? Laughing
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #41  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Motz wrote:
Come to think of it...surely they owe you guys a guest-list place or two for that kind of devotion? Laughing

I don't think Sisters owes me anything...
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #42  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spoke today with my friend in Istanbul, apparently the festival
is a pretty scary event, so be warned!

He offered to look out for accomodation etc. for anyone that needs advice though, so let me know if you need some contacts..
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #43  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zuma wrote:
anyone that needs advice
Andrew S, Eva + Indrek needed advice years ago, they never sought it.
They're too far gone now...
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #44  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pikkrong wrote:
Motz wrote:

I don't think Sisters owes me anything...

Stop it. That's far too cliche Mr. Green

But a good call, all the same Wink
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

PostPost #45  Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:

Isn't that the trouble with all serial killers, James? It wasn't me... Laughing

Meanwhile: I'm still confused but on a higher level... Smile
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #46  Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eva wrote:
James Blast wrote:

Isn't that the trouble with all serial killers, James? It wasn't me... Laughing
not to mention assassins Wink
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #47  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a fateful trip to Istanbul some years ago (although it wouldn't put me off going back) - wandering round the Grand Bizarre for about an hour, walked out and heard a massive bang and smoke coming out of the doors. A bomb had gone off.

And watch out for the taxi drivers - little tinkers they are. Evil or Very Mad
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #48  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hom_Corleone wrote:
I had a fateful trip to Istanbul some years ago (although it wouldn't put me off going back) - wandering round the Grand Bizarre for about an hour, walked out and heard a massive bang and smoke coming out of the doors. A bomb had gone off.

So in real movie style you put the bomb there, and right as you got out it exploded and all you had to do is whipe a bit of dust of your shoulders? Laughing

My Facebook/My Flickr
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #49  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ey man, istanbul is way more safe than Blackpool or Amsterdam! And if you ignore the touristic attractions, the city is cool as f**k. I found a very, very groovy store with good independent literature and some fine music. Taksim is the new Broadway (in a good way).
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #50  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Obviousman wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

So in real movie style you put the bomb there, and right as you got out it exploded and all you had to do is whipe a bit of dust of your shoulders? Laughing

That's libelous that is Z.
I would like to imagine myself in panama hat, white linen suit and cigar in hand with a wrye smile on my face. Rolling Eyes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: