Greek mag: new guitar player revealed

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

:oops:
no of course not, but hell what looks Andrew, eh, old. The smoke usually covers his skin...

http://www.avopolis.gr/interviews/sistersofmercy1.jpg

why is E giving interviews in languages we don't understand? Because the press ain't spoiled there yet?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

he's 47, ja? so he's not so young
smileygoffs
Road Kill

It took me a while to figure out what or who Von is reminding me of these days... I think that if he keeps it up then one day he will wake up looking just like THIS dude.. :twisted:

dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

there's also an Italian comic with an Eldritch-look-alike, a sort of killing monster. Let's find it out...

by the way, have you ever read this Marx interview from years ago?

http://www.angelsinexile.i12.com/ghost/ ... rymarx.htm
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

James Blast
Banned

that wasn't very nice dd I was hoping they'd finally got a bass player on board :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

ooops sorry... maybe we have to cheer ourselves up with a Hawkwind record... Twas maybe a bit false of me. :oops:
Grison
Road Kill

dinky daisy wrote:http://www.lambiek.net/artists/l/libera ... atore3.jpg

this was i meant ;D
Hehe, Ranxerox rules ;D
James Blast
Banned

dinky daisy wrote:ooops sorry... maybe we have to cheer ourselves up with a Hawkwind record... Twas maybe a bit false of me. :oops:
Nae probs, just consider yourself spanked! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

dinky daisy wrote: http://www.lambiek.net/artists/l/libera ... atore3.jpg

this was i meant ;D
Is that 9while9? :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mokarran
Road Kill

Ach - he doesn't look too great, does he? I've seen recent close-ups that don't look quite as bad as that, so I guess the tour is taking its toll. Respect to Von for visiting the four corners, but here's getting seriously close to Steptoe territory here! I know there's a precedent for the bold baldy in rock (Stipe, Frank Black et al), but this skinny white boy needs to grow his locks back – if possible. He just looks so weedy...

Mokarran
robertzombie
Overbomber

Who's the pineapple head in between Eldritch and Catalyst?
aims
Overbomber

The reporter, iirc.
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

markfiend wrote:
dinky daisy wrote: http://www.lambiek.net/artists/l/libera ... atore3.jpg

this was i meant ;D
Is that 9while9? :innocent:
No it's a Caricature of me not an actual photo. And as you can see I'm rather dashing.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

why is E giving interviews in languages we don't understand?
there are two translations on this site, one best bits, and one full version.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

yeah i saw the translation, which is great. But why giving interviews to Greek and Brazillian journalist and not to the ones who can talk with him in the mother tongue?
9while9
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:yeah i saw the translation, which is great. But why giving interviews to Greek and Brazillian journalist and not to the ones who can talk with him in the mother tongue?
I believe it is because :von: regards the English speaking journalists as "Arseholes".
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

I believe it is because Our fearless leader! regards the English speaking journalists as "Arseholes".
How would he know? He can't possible know any English music journalists, seeing as it's at least 14 years since he would have had the opportunity to sit in front of any for any meaningful commercial exchange. (Release of Temple '92).

Frankly, it's much more likely that the reason he didn't do much English-speaking press is because not much English-speaking press asked. And that's not going to change unless he gets off his arse and does something worth writing about in English.

Here's the headline: 'Aging bald goth rocker trots out nostalgia act, badly'

Well, hold me back while I read that sucker! Hold the front page. I love the sisters as much as anyone, but . . . come on! Make a bleedin' effort.
Do I drive or am I driven?
James Blast
Banned

Arrrgh! wrote:How would he know? He can't possible know any English music journalists, seeing as it's at least 14 years since he would have had the opportunity to sit in front of any for any meaningful commercial exchange. (Release of Temple '92).
Andrew Collins (ex NME/Q/Mojo etc) 6Music interview 2003 tour. :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Andrew Collins (ex NME/Q/Mojo etc) 6Music interview 2003 tour.
And I heard it live when it went out. However, it was a vanity piece, not press attention. Collins almost certainly only asked him to do it because he was a fan. It was literally sympathy press and it was broadcast on the Internet. Rock and Roll!*

It hardly represents hordes of marauding press beating a path to his door, only to be turned away because he won't debase himself by talking to them. My point is that he hasn't done anything worth writing about in a very very very long time. Certainly not anything of interest to non-obsessive types.

Or do you think otherwise?

*As I don't live in the UK, I don't know if 6music is receivable on real radios or just online. It doesn't effect the force of the point much either way, but this is the Internet so there will be pedants around. And pederists usually. And sometimes pedalists, but they have their own forum for that particular perversion.
Do I drive or am I driven?
James Blast
Banned

Fair point Arrrgh! but Collins is a well respected English journo albeit a fan of that type of music.
~ Peter Steele
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Maybe he can smoke during other interviews not like the BBC6 one
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

James Blast
Banned

ye cannae smoke anywhaur these feckin days :(
~ Peter Steele
9while9
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:ye cannae smoke anywhaur these feckin days :(
Smoking is bad for ya......ya FUD! :P :lol:

edit: there is no reason to try and end your life early man.....just
cause your a mopy goff
...... :(

jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

FUD ARF... I know its bad for ya :wink:
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals