Bin Laden dead?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5374160.stm
There will be a heck of a lot of people at his funeral.
Quite a number of them just will want to make sure he really gets burried.
There is shadow under this red rock
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Tune in, Turn on, Burn Out

;D
in dub we trust
thhell
Road Kill

One hopes, but still not confirmed in any way.
Dust in the air suspended
Marks the place where a story ended
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

eotunun wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5374160.stm
There will be a heck of a lot of people at his funeral.
Quite a number of them just will want to make sure he really gets burried.
Head on a Pike Please.... :twisted:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
eotunun
Overbomber

Mine or his?
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

*looks forward to the conspiracy theories*
sultan2075
Overbomber

I have a hard time believing that a guy who hangs around with a DOCTOR as his second-in-command and spends lots of time in a region where typhoid is fairly common hasn't been vaccinated.

I'd love to see him dead, but I've got my doubts about this.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

nick the stripper wrote:*looks forward to the conspiracy theories*
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

What difference would it make, really ? Okay, that'd be proof there is some kind of superior justice. But with Al Qaeda not being a conventional organisation, with some clear structure and hierarchy, the death of Bin Laden is of little significance. International terrorism is here to stay, with or without the damn fool. And I didn't call him a "leader", because I don't think this is what he is/was.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I'll certainly be glad if it turns out he's dead.

As Badlander points out, Al Qaeda has a cell-like structure which means that the loss of any one person, even a titular leader like Bin Laden, won't affect the operations of Al Qaeda.

However the death of Bin Laden is the removal of a terrorist responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people (enough reason for most people to be glad he's dead, I'd guess) and, perhaps more devastatingly, he was clever enough to know exactly how to make the US and UK governments do exactly what he wanted them to do i.e. responding with ill-thought-out military action which has resulted in a huge rise in support for Al Qaeda and the minority extremist interpretation of Islam that it espouses, which has obviously caused a global rise in terrorism (as has finally been accepted by the US intelligence agencies earlier this week).

If Bin Laden is dead then hopefully his successor won't be as clever in planning strategies that lead (most) Western governments by the nose into doing exactly what he wants them to do.
Last edited by lazarus corporation on 24 Sep 2006, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
DarkAngel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

lazarus corporation wrote:I'll certainly be glad if it turns out he's dead.

As Badlander points out, Al Qaeda has a cell-like structure which means that the loss of any one person, even a titular leader like Bin Laden, won't affect the operations of Al Qaeda.

However the death of Bin Laden is the removal of a terrorist responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people (enough reason for most people to be glad he's dead, I'd guess) and, perhaps more devastingly, he was clever enough to know exactly how to make the US and UK governments do exactly what he wanted them to do i.e. responding with ill-thought-out military action which has resulted in a huge rise in support for Al Qaeda and the minority extremist interpretation of Islam that it espouses, which has obviously caused a global rise in terrorism (as has finally been accepted by the US intelligence agencies earlier this week).

If Bin Laden is dead then hopefully his successor won't be as clever in planning strategies that lead (most) Western governments by the nose into doing exactly what he wants them to do.
True true. Whenever religious extremism is involved the problem becomes multi-faceted because regligous extemism + war = Martyrs. And martyrs tend to inspire.

IIf we look backward, in retrospect, we see the herion runners or the Al-Queida at the top of the pyramid. They manipulated their own people and grew their organization by pretending themselves to be extremists (Remember Bin Laden's sex slaves - he is/was no religious man). So they drew in the Muslim extremists using them to do their dirty work - and hey, the extremists want to exterminate various cultures and the Al-Queida want world domination so it is a good partnership - for now.

Then, more manipulation, as they look carefully at global politics and see that there are many political extremists in western politics - why not use them to propel their "cause." Also keeping in mind that the U.S. and Britain are filled wilth peole who want to dialogue - who want to be fair - and hate violence - so lets play on their sensibilities as we grow our orgainzation (whidh by now, is composed of many extremists and a few extraordinarily rich drug dealers). Plus, they are terrorizing the media - a great move for their cause as they can now attempt to indoctrinate us all. hmmm.

The lines between AlQeida and the Muslim extremists are now permanently blurred. Sometimes I worry that this problem has grown too big to manage. None of us want to be part of a "religous war." None of us want to be called "oppressors." Their violence is now being perceived as "rightful" as we say, "it is no wonder they are so angry!" Our sensibilities continue to confuse us as our societies are manipulated.

Money - Drugs - Greed - Scapegoating - Killing in the Name of God - these are all things our own people have done in our past. Because we hate what we did and work hard to insure we will never do it again - they continue to play on our perceptions of right and wrong saying that it is our past which justifies their present behavior. So, our past is being used to confuse us and hopefully we will not see that history is once again repeating itself - and this time - we are on the bottom of the food chain.

I believe the first step in saving ourselves is to create a safe environment for the media in Europe. They must be able to say what they see. They must be able to poke fun at everyone. They must be completely free of fear for themselves, their office buildings, their families. Perhaps an underground media would be safest at this point.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Whether he's dead or not, it's still faintly amusing how he's STILL eluded capture. To the death or otherwise.
eotunun
Overbomber

Um: "Rational thought kills politcal extremism."-1/Cat?
eotunun
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:Image
Do you want to make an alcoholic of DarkAngel? :wink:
But I´ll have one, thanks.
Errm.. them! I´ll have them, thanks.
DarkAngel

Hey - I'm trying to save the world here!!
Nic
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:Image
I think these belong in the Sharing section :wink:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
robertzombie
Overbomber

DarkAngel wrote:Hey - I'm trying to save the world here!!
is this Image saving the world? :?
DarkAngel

If I may repeat myself
DarkAngel wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:I'll certainly be glad if it turns out he's dead.

However the death of Bin Laden is the removal of a terrorist responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people (enough reason for most people to be glad he's dead, I'd guess) and, perhaps more devastingly, he was clever enough to know exactly how to make the US and UK governments do exactly what he wanted them to do i.e. responding with ill-thought-out military action which has resulted in a huge rise in support for Al Qaeda and the minority extremist interpretation of Islam that it espouses, which has obviously caused a global rise in terrorism (as has finally been accepted by the US intelligence agencies earlier this week).

True true. Whenever religious extremism is involved the problem becomes multi-faceted because regligous extemism + war = Martyrs. And martyrs tend to inspire.

IIf we look backward, in retrospect, we see the herion runners or the Al-Queida at the top of the pyramid. They manipulated their own people and grew their organization by pretending themselves to be extremists (Remember Bin Laden's sex slaves - he is/was no religious man). So they drew in the Muslim extremists using them to do their dirty work - and hey, the extremists want to exterminate various cultures and the Al-Queida want world domination so it is a good partnership - for now.

Then, more manipulation, as they look carefully at global politics and see that there are many political extremists in western politics - why not use them to propel their "cause." Also keeping in mind that the U.S. and Britain are filled wilth peole who want to dialogue - who want to be fair - and hate violence - so lets play on their sensibilities as we grow our orgainzation (whidh by now, is composed of many extremists and a few extraordinarily rich drug dealers). Plus, they are terrorizing the media - a great move for their cause as they can now attempt to indoctrinate us all. hmmm.

The lines between AlQeida and the Muslim extremists are now permanently blurred. Sometimes I worry that this problem has grown too big to manage. None of us want to be part of a "religous war." None of us want to be called "oppressors." Their violence is now being perceived as "rightful" as we say, "it is no wonder they are so angry!" Our sensibilities continue to confuse us as our societies are manipulated.

Money - Drugs - Greed - Scapegoating - Killing in the Name of God - these are all things our own people have done in our past. Because we hate what we did and work hard to insure we will never do it again - they continue to play on our perceptions of right and wrong saying that it is our past which justifies their present behavior. So, our past is being used to confuse us and hopefully we will not see that history is once again repeating itself - and this time - we are on the bottom of the food chain.

I believe the first step in saving ourselves is to create a safe environment for the media in Europe. They must be able to say what they see. They must be able to poke fun at everyone. They must be completely free of fear for themselves, their office buildings, their families. Perhaps an underground media would be safest at this point.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Copy and paste is not exactly an answer surely?
aims
Overbomber

Two can play at this game.

Now where was the answer to Robert's post?
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:Two can play at this game.

Now where was the answer to Robert's post?

It's merely a lovely avatar to set the tone
and or ambience of the discussion.... :innocent:

as is mine....so stop srewing up my chi. :D
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

aims
Overbomber

I was blissfully unaware, using the Summer theme.

Now that's just f**king childish.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:I was blissfully unaware, using the Summer theme.

Now that's just f**king childish.
No, no, this is > Image

aims
Overbomber

That makes two of you, then.

Birds of a feather...:roll: