New Member: LUMANO

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lumano
Road Kill

Hello mates.

I am Luis, from Mexico, and I would like to introduce myself as a new member of this group.

(Note: If somehow you feel I am hurting your feelings, sorry, I am not, it must be just because I made some translation mistakes and I apologize in advance).

Why am I here? Well, it is a long story. I heard TSOM in 1987 (less or so), and since then I have been grabbed by their music. I found some strong energy that compels me to want to hear more from them.

Unfortunately, I come from a very small city in Mexico, and if it is hard to have access to good music in this country, you can imagine what it is like in a small city of this nation.

The only means available to get interesting music (because most of the music we receive comes from USA, and we have to stick to it), is by asking to a friend who would be traveling to UK or Europe to go to a music store and buy something for us. Please, I am not saying USA doesn’t have good music; it is just perhaps I haven’t found it yet (in my own particular taste of music, and that gives us plenty to talk about in other chats).

This form of buying music has many disadvantages: first, in a country as close to US as ours, many people would rather go, or can only afford to go, to Disneyland than to go to London; second, if you are a lucky man, and you know someone that would be traveling to UK, please pray to God that he isn’t a “Michael Jackson fan� or a “Spears buddy�; third, if your friend is not that committed to music as yourself, save your time and money, he would bring you anything he finds, and probably would buy you the same LP that you already have (Murphy’s law).

In 1989 I started my career and forgot about music because I went away and lost touch with many of my friends with whom I used to share music.

But, now, with a master degree, married with almost 2 children, a sedentary business man, TSOM comes to my life with the 2006 gig in an underground bar at Monterrey City. There is when I met three very interesting guys: Andrew from Scotland, Eva from Sweden and Scott, which I think he’s from England, and inform me that there is life after Floodland, Some Girls Wander by Mistake, and the most known TSOM LP’s.

And here I am, trying to catch up with 10+ years of being away, and trying to get in touch with my gothic inside and with people that share similar taste of music or philosophy. Like a lovely aunt of mine said after loosing her memory for a whole year (RIP): “(laughing): Well, you can take away that year from my age, I am really 1 year younger that what my born certificate says!!!�

If you have any questions, I would kindly answer all of them.

Thank you, nice to meet you.

Luis

Last edited by DarkAngel on 11 Oct 2006, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Welcome LUMANO, enjoy the ride, Fuds are located to the left, right and rear of the forum. :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy: Forbidden Zone :notworthy:

Hola Luis
End of line.
scotty
Overbomber

That's what I like, short sharp posts, Hello.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hiza. ;D
canon docre
Overbomber

lumano wrote: There is when I met three very interesting guys: Andrew from Scotland, Eva from Sweden and Scott, which I think he’s from England, and inform me that there is life after Floodland, Some Girls Wander by Mistake, and the most known TSOM LP’s.
Good to hear that HL 's very own proselytizers are busy around the globe to collect some poor souls.
Eva is from Switzerland if I recall correctly, but it maybe isnt that important. It's both beginning with an 's'.

However, feel warm and cozy inside here and have a tea.

P.S. We don't like music from the US of A either. :wink:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
scotty
Overbomber

lumano wrote:

Who thought bringing in Scrappy would add anything to the Scooby Doo team?..............who was it?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Welcome on board!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

From Mexico? :eek: Now that certainly is something else then Belgium :lol:

Welgekomen 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

Hello and welcome to HL. Image

It is a strange but nonetheless lovely place. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Guten Tag
nice to see a Mexican element in the mix
;D
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

scotty wrote:
lumano wrote:

Who thought bringing in Scrappy would add anything to the Scooby Doo team?..............who was it?
You have a damn good point here....and I'm not refering to the one at the top of your head. :D

Oh, an welcome Lumano. 8)
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote:Hello and welcome to HL. Image

It is a strange but nonetheless lovely place. 8)
It certainly is :D
Hello and welcome from over here too :!:
James Blast
Banned

Lovely first post Lumano welcome Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Buenos dias Ghenerale!

Always nice to see a new face.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lumano
Road Kill

Sweden, Switzerland..?? They start with "SW" and both are really far away from me!!. The most important matter in that quote is the presence of a beautiful person that likes the same music as I do.

Once, I fell in love immediately with a girl just because one of her favorite songs was "What she said" (The Smiths, also from UK); which both of them were pretty rare at that time (the song, and a girl with such taste in music). That is how important is music to me.

If you don't like US music, then, I found my place!!! I'm home!!, Please take me home!!

Thanks mates.

I'll try to stick to the rules.

Regards.

Lumano
Outside the Simian Flock

Rules? What's that? ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Pat
Slight Overbomber

The Smiths :eek: You were doing so well up to then.

Ah well, welcome aboard.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:Welcome LUMANO, enjoy the ride, Fuds are located to the left, right and rear of the forum. :wink:
While those at the front's view is blocked by the World's Tallest Living Woman, namely Eva :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
lumano
Road Kill

That is what we received in Mexico back then.

And now.javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad
Banned

lumano wrote:Once, I fell in love immediately with a girl just because one of her favorite songs was "What she said"
but did she fall in love with you, we need to know :wink:
Pat wrote: The Smiths :eek: You were doing so well up to then.
Amen! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

Pfft.

Morrisey 4 ev0r :von:
lumano
Road Kill

I could swear that she did... but didn't tell me either.
School Bully

James Blast wrote:
lumano wrote:Once, I fell in love immediately with a girl just because one of her favorite songs was "What she said"
but did she fall in love with you, we need to know :wink:
Pat wrote: The Smiths :eek: You were doing so well up to then.
Amen! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

http://www.blacktable.com/elder030716.htm
http://arts.guardian.co.uk/fridayreview ... 40,00.html
- Mexican-American Morrissey/Smiths Fans 8) :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis