Terri Nunn again

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
indy
Banned

My use of search on the site and in google did not pull up any results on this but I came across a listing of a song that Eldritch seemed to have co-wrote with Terri Nunn.

Anyone heard of this before? It's in the US copyright office as copyrighted material.

It's listed as-

Registration Number: PAu-1-262-311
Title: Streets of shame / Nunn, Frederiksen, Eldritch.
Description: on 1 sound cassette.
Note: (With Going my way & Higher)
Claimant: Terri Nunn, Marty Frederiksen, Andrew Eldritch
Created: 1989
Author on © Application: words & music: Terri Kathleen Nunn; music: Martin Harold Frederiksen;
words: Andrew Eldritch.
Special Codes: 3/M

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Interesting find!

I can't find anything about this song or any other the other two that are mentioned.

The only thing that may be of some use would be from this interview with Terri:
I'm a huge Sisters fan! I did a song with Andrew [Eldritch] for a Best of Sisters record back in '94. I called him because I wanted him to work on my record originally. I went out to Germany. He lives in a cave (laughs) out in Hamburg. And he and I wrote some stuff and nothing really worked. But there was a song that I brought over that he really liked. He asked if I was going to use it for my record and, since I couldn't get anybody excited about it, it was really strange and dark, and he said, well, I want to do it. Why don't we sing it? It was called "Under The Gun" and we sang it together for the Best Of Sisters album.
The only thing I can think of is that they made a demo and registered it. Marty Frederiksen seems to be a session musician/producer but that's all I could find.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

So even the last Sisters song is a composition Terri Nunn suggested.

Hell, hasn't Andrew a very overbombing amount of fear of failure?
guns & cars & accidents
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dinky daisy wrote:So even the last Sisters song is a composition Terri Nunn suggested.

Hell, hasn't Andrew a very overbombing amount of fear of failure?
The best part of UTG comes from his hand. :|
"as we walk on the floodland"
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

indy wrote:My use of search on the site and in google did not pull up any results on this but I came across a listing of a song that Eldritch seemed to have co-wrote with Terri Nunn.

Anyone heard of this before? It's in the US copyright office as copyrighted material.
Interesting indeed. I must admit I have a folder in my browser of things to search media listings with, for just such occasions as this. It's surprising how much earlier you can find out about forthcoming DVD's contents etc by a quick search on the BBFC. Sometimes I've found stuff being classified on there before even a press release from the people making it !!

Do you have the link for the US Copyright thing/place/whatever, and does anybody else have a site link like this ?

Ta muchly - slightly off topic but relevant to this thread as the source of the interest !
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
indy
Banned

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote: Do you have the link for the US Copyright thing/place/whatever, and does anybody else have a site link like this ?

Ta muchly - slightly off topic but relevant to this thread as the source of the interest !
Sure the link is http://www.copyright.gov/records/cohm.html and I believe I just searched under Eldritch, Andrew not SOM but it's probably easier to search directly from the Registration Number.

Also curious is the name Marty Frederiksen since he is a big time, but not well know, songwriter. He has written songs with Aerosmith, Meatloaf, Paul Stanley, etc......

That site only allows searches between Monday and Friday and are closed to searches on the weekend.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'm nunn the wiser :innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Carpathian Psychonaut

indy wrote:Hope this helps some.

Cheers
It has, and thank you !

:)
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

indy wrote:My use of search on the site and in google did not pull up any results on this but I came across a listing of a song that Eldritch seemed to have co-wrote with Terri Nunn.

It's listed as-

Registration Number: PAu-1-262-311
Title: Streets of shame / Nunn, Frederiksen, Eldritch.
Description: on 1 sound cassette.
Note: (With Going my way & Higher)
Claimant: Terri Nunn, Marty Frederiksen, Andrew Eldritch
Created: 1989
Author on © Application: words & music: Terri Kathleen Nunn; music: Martin Harold Frederiksen;
words: Andrew Eldritch.
Special Codes: 3/M

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Eldritch is credited with lyrics (together with Nunn), and "Streets Of Shame" is a quote from the lyrics of "Dominion" - maybe Nunn used some of Eldritch's lyrics?
lachert
Overbomber

but did you know that she almost become princess leia?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXy59jMqOsc
8)
long live rock'n'roll
sultan2075
Overbomber

Wasn't there already a thread about this? I think it turned out to be someone other than Von who wrote a few different songs that were attributed to him on some database somewhere.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:but did you know that she almost become princess leia?
8)
nope :eek:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:
lachert wrote:but did you know that she almost become princess leia?
8)
nope :eek:
:eek: indeed. Nice find Rafal!
in dub we trust
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Another :von: mention from her.
You sang for the Sisters of Mercy. How did that come to be?

I met Andrew Eldritch…I was putting together music for my solo album, and I contacted three artists, that I wanted to write with. One was Andrew, Trent Reznor…Trent never responded. Moby turned me down. He was kind of mean about it. He said, “You know what, no. I turned down Madonna, okay? So for sure I’m turning you down.� Is that good? (Laughs)

But Andrew responded, and he was interested. He lived in Germany at the time, in Hamburg, so I flew out there and spent a couple of weeks with him, and I brought the song that we ended up using. The stuff we wrote was not great, but that song, it ended up being called “Under the Gun,� and he put it on his best-of, but at the time it was called “Two Worlds Apart.� And my label didn’t like it. They just didn’t get the song, at all. So I played it for him and said, “They don’t get it. What do you think? Can you do something with this?� He said, “I love this song!� He wrote the rap at the end, that singing/talking rant at the end while I’m singing, “Are you living for love?� And he put it on the record. We actually had a hit with it. We had a hit in England; I played “Top of the Pops� for the first time in my life.

I know very little about Andrew Eldritch, but I will never forget watching Dave Kendall interviewing him on “120 Minutes� when he was promoting Vision Thing. This was a huge score for MTV, because the Sisters of Mercy were as big as they ever got, and he was the biggest stiff of an interview I’ve ever seen. He didn’t want to talk.

He wasn’t a social guy. A lot of musicians aren’t, David. Maybe that’s why they get into music, especially men. Because they want chicks, but they’re not really good at being normally social and fun, so music is a way to get girls, and that’s what they do. I have met some of the most retarded social misfits in music. [Andrew] wasn’t retarded, but he had no social skills whatsoever. Another one is Prince. Not one social skill. I mean, totally estranged from his family, couldn’t even talk to his family. I was in his studio for three months, in another studio next to his. We were working every day, I’d pass him in the hall every day…never spoke to me, never looked at me. And on the last day of being in Minneapolis at his studio, he said hello. I mean, okay. (Laughs) How hard is it? I don’t know, but that’s musicians. A lot of us are just f**king retarded.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:

I like the pop at Moby. ;D Moby is a dick.

Funny that she says that Andrew "wasn't a social guy". I do get the impression that he (when not on stage) is actually quite a shy person.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:...
Funny that she says that Andrew "wasn't a social guy". I do get the impression that he (when not on stage) is actually quite a shy person.
... a slight case of overbombing ... :wink: ...
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

weebleswobble wrote:I'm nunn the wiser :innocent:
:lol:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Of all the eras of TSOM, this is one of the weirdest. Ofra Haza, Teri Nunn, re-recordings of Sisters songs, re-recording of other people's songs and passing them off as your own. Not really surprising that Ms. Nunn found Von a little strange.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote: Moby is a dick.
I see what you did there.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:
And here was me thinking my comedy gold was going unappreciated ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Joy

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Of all the eras of TSOM, this is one of the weirdest. Ofra Haza, Teri Nunn, re-recordings of Sisters songs, re-recording of other people's songs and passing them off as your own. Not really surprising that Ms. Nunn found Von a little strange.
Terri told him that the record company did not like it and asked Von if he could do something with it. I think this is quite alright, Terri let it go, Von liked it and put it on a record.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Oh, it was very much unappreciated.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:
markfiend wrote:
stufarq wrote: I see what you did there.
Oh, it was very much unappreciated.
:lol: Touché :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

I actually liked the song, anyone else?
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

BillyBadBreaks wrote:I actually liked the song, anyone else?
Yes actually.
—Bertrand Russell