Napoleon

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

OK, so i was watching this brit comedy show on tv the other night, and even though it was damn funny, yes brits are good in humour, one thing got me thinking. I obviously like humour just like everyone else, but when jokes get too easy, it makes me think maybe they are not that funny after all. So they made this joke about Napoleon, which in the context of the situation was funny, i admit, i even smiled a little, but...
Everyone knows about the animosity between the french and the brits (and how the brits have always wanted to be like the french but never have so they hate them :innocent: :wink: :twisted:), which later translated into a great animosity between the french and americans, but everyone hates americans anyway, so this one shouldn't be a surprise. What i meant to say with all this is that they obviously made a joke about his size. What i want to know is why are people so incredibly stupid. Napoleon was actually a very normal size for the time, 5'6, but one day, a british officer, who was tall, called him a little men, in an attempt to belittle and take importance away from him, technique used several times in order to belittle your enemy, especially used by american presidents (this alone should tell you that it is not something to be done). Even if he was small, which he wasn't, he was absolutely normal, he was still one of greatest military geniuses this world has ever known, but in the anglo saxon world it seems that he's some kind of a joke, and even something called the napoleon complex was named after him. Thus what i mean by easy jokes, which appeal to the most basic knowledge people may have. People are conditioned to react a certain way to certain words, and don't even know why they react they way they do, they just do. Why, oh why are the masses so f**king stupid?
As a final note, i like brit history very much, but that brith officer was envious, the brits never had a genious like that.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Zig, there's a nice series called "Empire" running on Brit telly at the moment. Watch for it on your TV set.

In one program, it explained just why the Brits and the French don't get on too well 8) and just why Britain became so important on the wolrd scene
Goths have feelings too
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The odd thing is, Napoleon was Corsican, not french, and apparently spoke French with a really crap accent (I think Italian is the first language on Corsica? Could be wrong, feel free to correct me :? )

Personally I think napoleon was top, and get's a really bad rap from most Anglo-Saxon types, hammering the Vatican's power to near exctintion in Europe, and the Code' Napoleon are great legacies to Europe. Pity about all that Emperor Business though.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Andy TG
Overbomber

I have heard it said "People are stupid - individuals are intelligent" - Mass Hysteria/Entertainment? - How much of a MASS do you really need!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hehehe - it's just LCD, that's all - *lowest common denominator* :D

*Hides*
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anton Albrecht
Road Kill

Never been to Corsica, but as far as i know, they speak French as it's part of France.
However there's still a lot of problems there. A few corsicans considers themselves as corsicans, not french... So there's Pseudo-Nationalism problems, and sometimes bombs etc... :?

Did you like Black Adder ? The way they shows french people in it is so damn funny ! Especially the episode with The Scarlet pimprenelle...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like you Brit boys and girls !!!
:notworthy: