Sisters mentioned - Test Match Special

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Small mention for the Sisters during this mornings test match coverage (sparked apparently by Alistair Cook looking like he's wearing eyeliner :lol: )

"1126 BST - Eng 31-0: Cook waits patiently for Corey's loose one and then tucks him off his pads for a relaxed three. I've assumed his Gotth look is a Cure thing - it could of course be a cheeky reference to Leeds-based favourites the Sisters of Mercy. "
Silver_Owl
The Don

Beth wrote:Small mention for the Sisters during this mornings test match coverage (sparked apparently by Alistair Cook looking like he's wearing eyeliner :lol: )

"1126 BST - Eng 31-0: Cook waits patiently for Corey's loose one and then tucks him off his pads for a relaxed three. I've assumed his Gotth look is a Cure thing - it could of course be a cheeky reference to Leeds-based favourites the Sisters of Mercy. "
:lol: So who said it? Aggers? Geoffrey?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

sisters mentioned in independant last week by alex zane.

wanted to dress like a goth {cool} but not listen to the sisters {uncool}
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

When I listen to Alex Zane's opinion of cool or uncool you can put me to bed with a shovel. :roll:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Beth wrote:Small mention for the Sisters during this mornings test match coverage (sparked apparently by Alistair Cook looking like he's wearing eyeliner :lol: )

Its Tom Fordyce doing their online commentary

"1115 BST - Eng 12-0: Slappage from Strauss as Powell sprays wide of off, and that's four past gully. There's a wide down leg and another easy single as England settle in. There's a chance too that Cook's Cure tribute may be even greater than is yet apparent - maybe when he removes his lid we'll see a sudden springy emergence of an R. Smith bird's nest barnet special. "

:lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Beth wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

Its Tom Fordyce doing their online commentary

"1115 BST - Eng 12-0: Slappage from Strauss as Powell sprays wide of off, and that's four past gully. There's a wide down leg and another easy single as England settle in. There's a chance too that Cook's Cure tribute may be even greater than is yet apparent - maybe when he removes his lid we'll see a sudden springy emergence of an R. Smith bird's nest barnet special. "

Excellent stuff. Just put it on in the office. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That online commentary is usually a cracking read:-
From Dave Beech, TMS inbox: "I think Matthew Jones is being a little harsh on Robert Smith and his gloomy aspect. After all it is Friday, and he's in love. As for his position I suspect that a true Goth would field at 'what's the' point."
From Nick Martin, TMS inbox: "The song 'Catch' on the 1987 album 'Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me' by The Cure was surely a belated tribute to England's 1985 Ashes side."
1216 BST - Eng 50-1: Make that three off 33 balls. Maybe there'll be a role for Vaughan in any subsequent X-Men film, taking the place of Wolverine - Biscuit-Boy, the man with shortbread for shins and digestives for digits.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6684265.stm
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:That online commentary is usually a cracking read:-
From Dave Beech, TMS inbox: "I think Matthew Jones is being a little harsh on Robert Smith and his gloomy aspect. After all it is Friday, and he's in love. As for his position I suspect that a true Goth would field at 'what's the' point."
Plus this little gem :

"1050 BST: And now for the pitch: it looks flatter than Keira Knightley. And with even less bounce. "

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyone fancy telling TMS that we're doing a commentary on their commentary here? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

You missed this....
From Matthew Jones, TMS inbox: "I know that Robert Smith is a fan of ice hockey, but does anyone know if he is a fan of cricket? Any predictions what position he might play - perhaps a sombre role as the night-watchman?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Marvellous, just put it on meself, cheers for the notice boys n girls.

'flatter than Keira Knightley' - pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Someone wrote...

"Speaking of Keira Knightly, I love her and would happily make her my wife on the strict proviso that she stops that really annoying pout she does when being photographed at premiers or awards ceremonies. But there's not much of that type of thing in Stalybridge, so my luck's in."

Spent the first 10 years of my life in Stalybridge ,and there were ceremonies ever other week. I guess they've stopped. Shame. :P
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

I am in serious danger of a tea / monitor interface moment :

"1354 BST Eng 108-2: Ah, you never have to wait too long for this particular cavalier swordsman - Bravo strays down leg twice, and with a gap as wide as Bella Emberg at fine leg KP helps himself to two flicky fours. Could that be the first sentence in history to feature both Emberg and the words "fine leg"? "
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I emailed TMS and wrote:The mention of The Sisters Of Mercy earlier has got a few of my friends at www.myheartland.co.uk (The Sisters Of Mercy Unofficial Discussion Forums) all a-flutter. A shout out would be appreciated.

Thanks
—Bertrand Russell
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

I cant stop looking at it now........

"1408 BST - Eng 120-2:The post-lunch singing begins in the stands as Vaughan drives with sweet timing through cover for four. A pantomime cow raises its udders in joy. "
Carpathian Psychonaut

On the Five highlight show tonight I'll be mostly watching out for:-
1445 BST - Eng 147-2: There's a deep roar from the clouds - it's the Lancaster! All play is immediately halted as the old warhorse trundles over the ground to a raucous ovation, its progress marked by thousands of fans standing up and wiggling their arms up in wing-like fashion. The plane banks tightly over Elland Road and comes back again to a defeaning chorus of the Dambusters march - although the proximity of the Betfair blimp does cause some anxiety. Scooby-Doo is close to tears.
How good does that sound!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

we just saw that old plane fly over the city centre :lol:

it was very low :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

Would that be OUR Lancaster = 'The City of Lincoln?'

She's an absolute beaut - she must have been flanked by the Hurricane and Spitfire too. Well she usually is. Some Lincolnians get a bit blase about planes - if it's not the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight then it's those blimmin Red Arrows.

Lincoln's ace!

http://www.bbmf.co.uk/bomber.html
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

According to her socail diary - she was unaccompanied today. Apparently tomorrow she's off to IoM and Bury - busy, busy lady.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i think it was "her", yes. but she was on her own...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:On the Five highlight show tonight I'll be mostly watching out for:-
1445 BST - Eng 147-2: There's a deep roar from the clouds - it's the Lancaster! All play is immediately halted as the old warhorse trundles over the ground to a raucous ovation, its progress marked by thousands of fans standing up and wiggling their arms up in wing-like fashion. The plane banks tightly over Elland Road and comes back again to a defeaning chorus of the Dambusters march - although the proximity of the Betfair blimp does cause some anxiety. Scooby-Doo is close to tears.
How good does that sound!
Exceptionally good! :D
Carpathian Psychonaut

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

ROFL @ all of this. Damn! I'm missing out! !@#$%^&*

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Don't worry. Imagine being German and reading this thread.