More Cult

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andie
Overbomber

this is less than 30 minutes old at time of posting
ROADRUNNER RECORDS announces the signing of multi-platinum alternative rock band The Cult, the influential UK group who have built an extensive global fan base with hits such as “She Sells Sanctuary,� “Rain,� “Wild Flower,� “Love Removal Machine,� “Edie,� “The Witch� and “Rise.� A new studio album, the first since 2001, is currently being recorded in London with producer Youth (Verve, Primal Scream), who will be adding final touches and mixing. The expected release date for the yet untitled album is September 25, 2007 and will be released in conjunction with The Cult’s imprint label, NEW WILDERNESS.

The Cult, led by founding members vocalist Ian Astbury and guitarist Billy Duffy, will embark on a series of European arena shows with rock legends The Who starting June 5th. The band will be adding headline dates and festival appearances along the route, building on the overwhelming reaction to their 2006 sell-out world tour. A U.S. headline tour will follow in the fall.

“We have always dreamed of finding a label that allows us artistic freedom and has the muscle to get the music to the people,� comments Astbury. “At the heart of this recording is an urban directness of savage rawness and an earnestness that is the center of any great rock and roll band.�

“What’s especially great about The Cult,� A&R men Derek Oliver and Dante Bonutto state, “is their instinctive ability to live in the present, not just reflecting current taste but actually helping to shape it – something you can hear in Ian’s contributions to the UNKLE project. They have a magnificent and hugely influential history, but when you bring the classic and the contemporary crashing together in the way that Ian and Billy can, it gives real potential for this new album to be their most exciting ever.�
after those blistering shows last September...i can't wait for new Cult :D
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Roadrunner? Oh christ...

Well, whatever works for them.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

More.Live.Dates.
“At the heart of this recording is an urban directness of savage rawness and an earnestness that is the center of any great rock and roll band.�
He still talks pish mind :P
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

weebleswobble wrote:More.Live.Dates.
“At the heart of this recording is an urban directness of savage rawness and an earnestness that is the center of any great rock and roll band.�
He still talks pish mind :P
Don't they all. :roll: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eldorado69
Road Kill

They must talking about Blue Oyster Cult.
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:He still talks pish mind :P
...So says the man who's just seen Carl McCoy :lol:
DJ Nephilimbabe
Road Kill

I'd heard they're playing some small club in London early June, but it's £35 a ticket, so I'm 100% sure I won't be going to that then!

I wasn't very impressed with the September gigs, so I trhink my time with The Cult (and it's been roughly 20 years) has come to its end.

I'll still look forward to a new album, but no more live shows for me thank you.
Debaser
Overbomber

CC Club proudly presents...
The Cult
LIVE
on Thursday June 7th 2007

All tickets go on sale at 9am on the 11th May 2007 via TicketWeb
ticketweb.co.uk
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I don't know much about the Cult except that I like She Sells Sanctuary.
It's good to be back
czuczu
Overbomber

11th May?!?
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I met Astbury a few years ago at the MC5 gig in the 100 club, he's a really nice bloke.
In fact I'm gonna tell you all about it...

once inside the gig I was introduced by a friend to Mark Lamarr and Ian Astbury who proceeded to tell me he was now the singer for the Doors, it was really loud inside and I couldn't believe what he was saying so I asked him to repeat it (twice :lol:),anyway Lamarr chips in with "how many times does he have to say it before it sinks in fella" to which I replied "you've been called a c**t all your life and that hasn't sunk in either, has it ?". from then on Astbury got the pints in ;D
We watched MC5 with Dave Vanian, Lemmy and Mani all playing with the surviving original members.Then cool as a cucumber Astbury takes the stage and belts out a few songs too.
Top Nite Out ;D
Andie
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:CC Club proudly presents...
The Cult
LIVE
on Thursday June 7th 2007

All tickets go on sale at 9am on the 11th May 2007 via TicketWeb
ticketweb.co.uk
Aye :eek:
cuzcuz wrote:11th May?!?
Aye :eek: and they're all sold out

i'll let you know if it was worth £35 a pop...as you're all dying to know :innocent: :lol:
WolfLover
Road Kill

I love The Cult but I lost interest in them after Ceremony which was great and very good unique hard rock, so I am extremely sceptic about their new album especially with them signing to fcuking Road Runner Records who are crap these days, and with the amount of bland, generic and mainstream bands they sign nowadays left right and centre. :evil: Just look at what they did to Within Temptation who were excellent before the 'Silent Force' album a few years ago which was'nt great. They'll probably force them to downtune their guitars :evil: or just simply make them sound more generic :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
Easy, or he'll put a spell on you :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dr. Moody wrote:I met Astbury a few years ago at the MC5 gig in the 100 club, he's a really nice bloke.
In fact I'm gonna tell you all about it...

once inside the gig I was introduced by a friend to Mark Lamarr and Ian Astbury who proceeded to tell me he was now the singer for the Doors, it was really loud inside and I couldn't believe what he was saying so I asked him to repeat it (twice :lol:),anyway Lamarr chips in with "how many times does he have to say it before it sinks in fella" to which I replied "you've been called a c**t all your life and that hasn't sunk in either, has it ?". from then on Astbury got the pints in ;D
We watched MC5 with Dave Vanian, Lemmy and Mani all playing with the surviving original members.Then cool as a cucumber Astbury takes the stage and belts out a few songs too.
Top Nite Out ;D
:notworthy:

Ace story 8) . Lemmy and Mani on the same stage, now THAT was worth seeing. :notworthy: Mind you, didn't they get on rather well on that c**t's quiz show, when Lemmy lambasted said c**t for being a bit of a c**t. :lol:

And while we're here, the Cult show in Leeds last September was rockin! 8) :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:And while we're here, the Cult show in Leeds last September was rockin! 8) :notworthy:
Rev'rnd! :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

p.s. Wanna buy a T-shirt? £7.50 and it's yours...
smiscandlon
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:
Easy, or he'll put a spell on you :eek:
:lol: :notworthy:

He would, too. :?
анархия
czuczu
Overbomber

Was keeping my eye out for these tix, didn't realise they'd gone already :(
Tempted to pick a couple up on ebay but it's PS3 month so I'll just wait for next time :(

Did a recording of the Brixton show ever turn up?!?
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote:Did a recording of the Brixton show ever turn up?!?
Only seen an incomplete version so far
DJ Nephilimbabe
Road Kill

I met Ian Astbury outside a Holy Barbarians gig in Camden. Seemed like a very nice bloke at the time :)
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

FFS the man played with the Doors, filling in for Morrisson, how lower can you go than this..
Andie
Overbomber

Rise&Reverberate wrote:
czuczu wrote:Did a recording of the Brixton show ever turn up?!?
Only seen an incomplete version so far
I haven't even seen that much :(
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

When Ian sings its a dramatic moment. Take it for what it is and hang on for dear life.
czuczu
Overbomber

Silence is platinum wrote:FFS the man played with the Doors, filling in for Morrisson, how lower can you go than this..
I saw the 21C Doors with Astbury, he could sing them a lot better than Bobby Krieger could play 'em :innocent:
psichonaut
Overbomber

oooohhhh Cult returns.....well i try to buy a ticket for Torino in october
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him