reformations

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

far too pissed too post anything coherent. do you have any idea why they're acceptable in todays society.

a) there are lots of them (police, my bloody, jamc, march etc...)
b) they generally start as a joke but...
c) is it coz modern music is s**t
d) is t coz there is more live music for the masses than ever before and the time is therefore right

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

For the smaller bands it's similar to a mid life crisis.

They all pack the bands in & go off to do other things.
Fifteen years or so down the line they're looking at the two annoying kids they have. Noticing how the wife seems to have gone up four dress sizes since they met. They notice the grass needs cutting and the dog needs to go out. Every few days they daydream about the old days. They sometimes wish they'd carried on in the band and maybe now they'd be world famous, playing stadiums & shagging some Hollywood actress.

All it takes is for them to bump into the bass player for the first time in nearly two decades. Older and wiser they both forgot about the silly squabbles they had a long time ago. "do you ever wish we'd stayed together?" Bingo.

For the larger bands like the Police - it's all about money.

I'm personally looking forward to the March Violets if it comes off.

I was talking to Lyndon from the Danse society the other day. I asked him if there was any chance they'd reform. He said there was zero chance, that told me.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
Dr. Moody

nobody likes to think they are dead before they are actually dead.
One last shot at the bigtime , I coulda been a contender, blah...every generation does it. Modern music is great you just have to look in funny places. ;D
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

For us younger fans of older music they are a god send.

I saw Queen "reformed"
I saw the Nephs "reformed"

Both favourate bands and both very special gigs.

Now I hope for a March Violets reformation (eagerly) and a Rosetta Stone one (without hope).
Nationalise the f**king lot.
psichonaut
Overbomber

this is the truth
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Ramone

three words for you..

Guns n' Roses

Ok that was two and half..

:D
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Ramone

But, like getting back with your ex..or going back to a place you visited as a child..it's never quite the same again.- It feels 'familiar' but that child like awe and that spine tingle you got when the music comes to an abrupt halt and the house lights go out and for a few seconds everything is pitch black and then..There they are!! The person/ people you've only seen in 2D up til then on tv or in a magazine.. in the flesh!!

When the curtain dropped and Steven Tyler comes bounding over the monitors swinging that mike stand covered in scarfs, when Madonna appeared on stage at Earl's Court. When Eldritch's silhouette of the hat and frock coat emerged from the smoke and the opening drums of "Burn" kicked in and rattled your head!

But now, you watch your 'heroes' and it's not the same. Tyler moves that little bit slower and Madonna lip synchs every other tune, and as for Eldritch , well words fail me on his appearance these days.

Reformations are a very romantic notion and we'd all love to see various bands reform - but they nagging thought would always bug you, knowing that they are doing ir for all the wrong reasons - Cos you you know he hates him, he's skint and they've got a 'greatest hits' collection coming out and this is all just to push this , and once they've done this - you'll never see them again together.

Floyd, Zep, Sabbath, G n R : Most of these bands are a mere phone call away from making many people's wishes come true but saddens me that some times deep down some people are just too proud to make that move.

Let sleeping dogs lie? Some of these dogs were put to sleep many years ago. :(

And maybe it's for the good in some cases. Do you hear me Sting ?
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
James Blast
Banned

the legacy remains
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Ramone wrote:three words for you..

Guns n' Roses

One word for you...

Bauhaus
анархия
James Blast
Banned

I've got 4...

Van Der Graaf Generator
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

5.................Take That :D ...................... :oops:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
biggy

Talking of reformations...

Police drummer bashes second reunion gig
Stewart Copeland calls Vancouver show 'lame'
01.Jun.07 8:00pm
The Police's drummer Stewart Copeland has blasted his band's second reunion performance in Vancouver, calling it "unbelievably lame" and admitting that the trio were "totally at sea."

In a posting on his blog, Copeland detailed how the May 28 gig went awry from the very first song.

He wrote: "The audience is screaming with anticipation as I collect myself in the dark and start to warm, up the gong with a few gentle taps. But I'm overdoing it. It's resonating and reaching it's crescendo before the stage has fully reached its position. Sort of like a premature ejaculation."

Copeland continued, saying that what was meant to be a "big pompous opening" ended up as a "damp squib."

The drummer also said that frontman Sting's footwork made him look like a "petulant pansy."

In the end, Copeland waxed philosophical, saying, "Screw it, it's only music. What are you gonna do? But maybe it's time to get out of Vancouver..."
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

smiscandlon wrote:
Ramone wrote:three words for you..

Guns n' Roses

One word for you...

Bauhaus
YES!!! :notworthy:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Reformation so uncertain... :wink:
It's good to be back
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

biggy wrote:Talking of reformations...

Police drummer bashes second reunion gig
Stewart Copeland calls Vancouver show 'lame'
01.Jun.07 8:00pm
The Police's drummer Stewart Copeland has blasted his band's second reunion performance in Vancouver, calling it "unbelievably lame" and admitting that the trio were "totally at sea."

In a posting on his blog, Copeland detailed how the May 28 gig went awry from the very first song.

He wrote: "The audience is screaming with anticipation as I collect myself in the dark and start to warm, up the gong with a few gentle taps. But I'm overdoing it. It's resonating and reaching it's crescendo before the stage has fully reached its position. Sort of like a premature ejaculation."

Copeland continued, saying that what was meant to be a "big pompous opening" ended up as a "damp squib."

The drummer also said that frontman Sting's footwork made him look like a "petulant pansy."

In the end, Copeland waxed philosophical, saying, "Screw it, it's only music. What are you gonna do? But maybe it's time to get out of Vancouver..."
Who's calling Sting a "petulant pansy"!!!

;D
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
psichonaut
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him