Currently I...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

have too much to say that crosses over into about 8 threads so I've been extremely selfish/egotistical/lazy and put it all here in one fell swoop, so to speak. Fell free to chuck it in the trash as by the time I get back in three weeks I won't remember that I posted it and therefore won't get all sniffy about who deleted it anyway.....well I SAY I'll forget but who knows...who amongst ya is daring enough to incur the wrath of a miffed Debaser??

ANYWAY.

Just finally emptied my Mum's bungalow. The new people get the keys and deeds on Friday and as of an hour ago, I left what had been Mum's home (and mine and Dad's) for over 30 years. I'll never go inside again and it's drawn a curtain on that family part of life. It's been almost a full year since Mum died and...well you know stuff and all that.

Getting rid of the last few bits wasn't as easy as one would expect. My big sister drowve down to remove the top half of the welsh dresser and take a few bits to the tip. But did she do as she was told? Did she buggery, which meant at least a two hour fuk up of loading then unloading stuff I'd distinctly told her was going to be collected by the council...then she set off BEFORE we'd agreed resulting in her not going to the right place and....OH WHY WON'T PEOPLE JUST DO WHAT THEY'RE TOLD!!!!

Gonna have to return to this.....*stuff* is occuring downstairs...the smoke alarm is screaming and....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'll be back
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

smoke alarm = Gaz cooking :roll:

So where was I - currently diverting from a 'being pissed off' from a currently a bit sad moment.

Now moving swiftly to a 'currently wondering where the chuff am I going to put stuff' moment. My house is a shoe box, a one and a half bedroomed compact dwelling currently holding 23 years worth of my, Gaz's, Ashley's and Adam's accumulated treasures as well as half the contents of a four bedroomed old lady's bungalow. It feels like a Buckaroo moment is upong me as I have a car full of more stuff to put in. I'm wondering what will make my house go BUCKAROO, will it be a chair, an old school desk, an old apple tree log (you know the everyday sort of thing you want to save from an immediate relative's belongings), oil painting of trains, planes and an ikkle Debaser, or will it be the tin of marbles?

Let's go to the 'currently hurrying the washing machine' post. Am off to the States at stupid o'clock in the morning and I've not got anything clean to wear. Note to any teacher NEVER book a holiday a day after you break up after a ridiculously busy summer term - or should that be NEVER leave a non-teacher book a holiday for you.....

Now to the 'currently regretting getting a carpenter/joiner to agree to do work for you whilst you go away'....he needs all sorts of measurements and payments and you'll NEVER find your cheque book if your house is - see two paragraphs previous.

Let me see...ah the 'currently wondering at what time I shall have a coronary' at this rate in about 2 hours....

Currently about to get to my happy place' thread...I'm off on mi holibobs. Hopefully meeting up with loads of various Forum friends. Got permission to go arrow head hunting on a plain in Dakota. No doubt 'Billy Two Sheep and Fast Pony' will be two hundred yards ahead of us scattering Made in Taiwan genuine Native American arrow heads, but hey ho :lol: Going to force Gaz to take me to De Smet to Laura Ingalls house (one of many - damned those Pioneers shifting about hither and thither. Mount Rushmore, the new one that's being carved of Crazy Horse. Had to postpone the Lumberjack comp as it's in the wrong direction. Then off for a week in Yellowstone. Also going to look at the Badlands and other stuff.

Have a fabulous time at the Heartland do, I will be there in spirit

Much love
Ness
xx
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Have a wonderful time, Ness! You're heading for places that are a scant few hours' flight from where I am, yet I've never been. Ahhh, the irony. Sounds wonderful, hon. I'll be awaiting an arseload o' piccies. Oh, and say hi to the Chairman, willya? I think he's hiding up there, somewhere. ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
canon docre
Overbomber

Great read Ness! :notworthy:

Have a fantastic time over there and lots and lots of great experiences. :D
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.