RIP Lee Hazlewood

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

so long to the legendary songwriter & corruptor of nancy sinatra.

some velvet morning will always be one of my favourite songs. ever.

:( :( :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6496567.stm
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
christophe
Overbomber

That’s one of :von: favourites too if I recall correct (useless information but it IS a Sisters fan forum after all, -notworthy- and all that)

Gotten to know Lee a couple of years ago, time to dig out some of his stuff again :(
Another Shade of You.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i was introduced to him via the 'nancy & lee' album (see avatar <====) about 16 years ago by a good mate.

lee's baritone voice, f*cked up lyrics and tongue in cheek attitude was a perfect fit for nancy's angelic, psuedo-innocent image. that album has some damn fine songs on (mainly side 2 tbh)

my old band used to do a very sisters-ish cover of SVM, circa about 1992/1993

i nearly fell of my chair laughing when i read a few years ago that SVM was one of von's faves :lol:

the man was legend :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sultan2075
Overbomber

I'm with you on this, QB. Mr. Hazlewood was brilliant (in his own right as well as in the work he did with Nancy). RIP.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yes he was brilliant. Damn fine writer, producer & euhm, singer 8) :notworthy:

RIP brother Lee.
in dub we trust
canon docre
Overbomber

a friend of mine recently worked with him on an album, (where Lee was guest singing). When asked, if he wants to travel over here First Class, he answered: I am not f**king Sinatra, I'll take Business Class. :lol: :lol: :notworthy:

A legendary musician & singer, a witty & aimable man.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm really very sad to hear about Lee. The man was a legend, a visionary and a genius. SVM is one of the greatest songs of all time but just gem in a mine filled with them on the Nancy & Lee album.
Of his later work, Dirtnap stories from For Every Solution, There's A Problem is one of the most affecting songs ever... "Like all God's Promises are broken..."
I had the very great pleasure of bumping into him in Dublin before a gig a couple of years ago and he was an absolute gent.

RIP Lee x