what, me neurotic??

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id ... 8&set_id=1
The vast majority of people say they have been mentally tortured at one point in their lives by a song that keeps repeating itself over and over in their heads.

And new research shows that people most frequently plagued by this are those with slightly neurotic tendencies, and people who enjoy and listen to music often.

These mental broken records are also more likely to play the first or last song we hear in different situations, such as the song that comes on the morning alarm, or the last song playing before we turn off the car radio, study findings show.

Research by Dr James Kellaris of the University of Cincinnati into the phenomenon of earworms reveals that "sticky" songs are those that are relatively simple, repetitive, and contain an element that surprises the listener. One example is the Baha Men's Who Let the Dogs Out?

To protect yourself, Kellaris recommends that people not worry about a stuck song as soon as it appears, and perhaps avoid listening to music for a spell. - Reuters
Andy TG
Overbomber

And theres me thinking I was going mad - that said I have known this little "gem" for years I just never bothered to think about it too muach :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

hallucienate wrote:http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id ... 8&set_id=1

These mental broken records are also more likely to play the first or last song we hear in different situations, such as the song that comes on the morning alarm,
Yup.
This happens a lot to me no matter how awful the song is...
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

worse song to get stuck in my head:

I love you
you love me
we're bestfriends
as friends should be
with a great big hug
and a kiss from me to you
won't you say you love me to

:eek:
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it