London-area folks: question!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

An acquaintance of mine is heading for London on business on the 10th, and wants to know if the area around Slimelight is sketchy..? He's looking to book a hotel ASAP, and isn't sure about what areas are cool/crappy/boring, etc. Since I'm pretty clueless about the city, I have no idea what to tell him. Anyone have any advice that I might pass along? Thanks! ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Slimelight is in Islington which is quite a nice area, there are a few estates n things nearby but its no different than any area in London, safe enough and they are well used to goths in fancy dress too :wink:
google hotels in Islington, there's also a holiday inn on old street which is about a fifteen min walk away. actually around old street is much cooler also islington is very central and easily accesable with good transport links so staying anywhere central is gonna make it easy to get to. avoid kings cross cos its boring and dodgyish. if you need more help I will look up some hotels for you. ;D
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, Islington is not really a crappy area. Its on the Northern line of the underground, putting you with in easy reach of both the west end and camden.

Never stayed the night in Islington, other than in Slimes: The cheapest hotel in london.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Thanks, guys! ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: