Al Gore wins the Nobel Peace Prize 2007

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Or technically shares it. Clicky

"For their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change"
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr.

Comments?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

About time he won something :lol:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
But seriously, I have a lot of time for the guy. He had an entire election stolen from him & he still carries on regardless.
He changed my view on the whole "formerly known as global warming" (FKAGW) thing & when half of Greenland slides off into the north atlantic, it's gonna get pretty chilly over this way.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:About time he won something :lol:
Well, maybe we ought to wait for the Supreme Court ruling ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:
Pista wrote:About time he won something :lol:
Well, maybe we ought to wait for the Supreme Court ruling ;)
Dunno if I have that long. I'm 38 you know :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The movie and the phenomenon are overrated as far as I'm concerned, but as some people are quite deliberately underrating Global Warming, I don't find this a bad thing
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
taylor
Slight Overbomber

wrong man
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

taylor wrote:wrong man
Who do you think should have won?
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
taylor wrote:wrong man
Who do you think should have won?
pope whatsisnazi? :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

George W? ;D
—Bertrand Russell
taylor
Slight Overbomber

quote : pope whatsisnazi?

nice candidate :lol:
Badlander
Overbomber

I don't know and I don't want to sound like some cynical snob, but I always find it quite surprising that such people apparently want to save the world and do some good only when they're out of office.
You could have done a little bit more when you were in, couldn't you, Al ? :innocent:

Still, it's better than nothing I suppose. :?
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Badlander wrote:I don't know and I don't want to sound like some cynical snob, but I always find it quite surprising that such people apparently want to save the world and do some good only when they're out of office.
You could have done a little bit more when you were in, couldn't you, Al ? :innocent:
Yes, but as EB has been mentioning elsewhere, it's all constraints and pandering to the interest groups ($$$$$$) who funded your election and following the (narrow) party line whilst in office. It's fundamentally wrong but that's politics in the 21st century. Whichever country you live in.
Badlander wrote:Still, it's better than nothing I suppose. :?
It really is! Maybe once they're free of all the crap (see above) they can finally express their thoughts and ideas?

Al Gore thinks he can, and all credit to him. I have a sneaking respect for the man whether I like him or not. :wink:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:I don't know and I don't want to sound like some cynical snob, but I always find it quite surprising that such people apparently want to save the world and do some good only when they're out of office.

I'd agree with that, I always get suspicious when politicians do things like him
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:

I'd agree with that, I always get suspicious when politicians do things like him
Maybe they're not allowed to "save the world". Politicians have to stick to the forces above them.
At least they are well known and listened to. He could have come up with something else....he chose climate. Good thing!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:

Maybe they're not allowed to "save the world". Politicians have to stick to the forces above them.
At least they are well known and listened to. He could have come up with something else....he chose climate. Good thing!
True, I suppose! :lol:

I just find it hard not to be suspicious sometimes!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:eek: Is the world getting hotter?

:lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

It's a surprisingly altruistic position to take for a former American politician. All power to the man, I say. :notworthy:
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm totally with the man. Cheers for Al! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
It's good to be back
GC
Slight Overbomber

And he's got a name that sounds like someone who plays bass guitar for a Death Metal band. :D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oi. :lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

His last name in combination with his job always made me grin when I was a kid :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

Er... Let's not forget he wasn't the only winner. :innocent:
I even tend to think this gives this Nobel prize a bit more credibility : they gave it to people who are trying to raise awareness regarding global warming, not just to Al Gore just because he's Al Gore and he's got a fcuking cool name. :twisted:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
sultan2075
Overbomber

So...did he finally kill manbearpig?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Passable choice. The man's a bit of a shallow showman at times but he raises attention to the issue and that's indeed working for peace, since any hundredth percent point attenuation of the climate effect might already mean a bit less war for scarce resources like water and arable land. This of course irks the neocon bloodsuckers, who are planning for eternal war as their major source of profit.
James Blast
Banned

Hail to the Chief?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele