helping an HLender

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
psichonaut
Overbomber

aftrer i wrote this post on the "Currently geeking" thread and I waited an answer all the day i decide to write it in an indipendendent thread
I know it really seems a manace.....but i receved from a friend a DVD full of siouxsie live ripped on mp3 from the original recordings.
now where is the problem?
OK i'm not good using sowtares and PC generally....the question is possible to convert all those mp3 in WAV/or other files without any trouble for the sound quality?
only serious answers please.....don't joke with my unknowing
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Andie
Overbomber

you can get a MP3 converter free download from many places (search google for a MP3 Converter)

they usually last for 15 days trial version before they ask you to buy the complete programme...if you haven't finished ripping all the MP3's by then you can decide to purchase or just seek another similar free download

the quality ain't brilliant but then you knew that already ;)

EDIT: try here >http://www.mp3-converter.com/mp3_decode.htm
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Just out of interest why would you want to convert the MP3s into WAV? if you want to burn them onto CD, copy the files onto your computer then just use Nero or whatever burning software you have , eliminate the 2 second gap and you should be able to burn fine.

Programs that re-encode audio into different formats:

CDex
DbPowerAMP version 10 (don't bother with the latest version as you have to pay for the MP3 encoder)

Both these programs are free.

The only way you will end up with worse sound quality than the MP3s you have is if you re-encode the MP3s into a lower bitrate than they are currently at. Encoding them into a format such as WAV, FLAC or APE will not result in any loss of quality, but the file size will be bigger.

If you don't understand, then do a search for Lossy format and Lossless formats. Basically, If you have a lossy format already (such as MP3) then don't convert it into anything except Lossless format otherwise you'll probably end up losing more sound quality.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Pista
Cureboi

To be honest Marco, I wouldn't convert from mp3 to wav, as the files are already compressed & it will not change the quality any.
Once the damage is done, it can't really be undone. :roll:
If your CD player(s) can play MP3 CDs, then just save the files to your hard drive somewhere & then save the MP3s onto a CD.
If not, then drop them into itunes & burn cds from there.
Bottom line is that you can turn mp3s to wav, but all you succeed in doing is making the file size bigger. You won't get a better quality sound from them....ever.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:To be honest Marco, I wouldn't convert from mp3 to wav, as the files are already compressed & it will not change the quality any.
Once the damage is done, it can't really be undone. :roll:
If your CD player(s) can play MP3 CDs, then just save the files to your hard drive somewhere & then save the MP3s onto a CD.
If not, then drop them into itunes & burn cds from there.
Bottom line is that you can turn mp3s to wav, but all you succeed in doing is making the file size bigger. You won't get a better quality sound from them....ever.
Steeve you were the person i was searching ...get on msn
Pista
Cureboi

I can't. My Dad's staying with me & i can't realy drop him for msn right now :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:I can't. My Dad's staying with me & i can't realy drop him for msn right now :(
soon a surpise will be or in your PM box or into your mail box at home....now i'm triing something
James Blast
Banned

everytime I read the title, I think it says 'helping a Bellender'

sorry, as you were :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
psichonaut
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:everytime I read the title, I think it says 'helping a Bellender'

sorry, as you were :innocent:
i'd answer you.....if i'd understand what's a "bellender"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: You really don't want to know.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell