Latest Sisters purchase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

this finally arrived and i love it! [deleted :oops: as i have no shame ] :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

This nice bit of nostalgia arrived today
ruffers
Overbomber

Badges - where are these from? They feel legit.

Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ruffers wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 13:06 Badges - where are these from? They feel legit.

No idea if they're legit or not Ruffers....but I could definitely find a use for the STFU one during team zoom meetings!!
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
eastmidswhizzkid

Gothicbiff wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 23:04
ruffers wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 13:06 Badges - where are these from? They feel legit.

No idea if they're legit or not Ruffers....but I could definitely find a use for the STFU one during team zoom meetings!!
The postcards -well that one there- are the ones given out at the XXX 30th birthday.

ruffers
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 16:42
Gothicbiff wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 23:04

The postcards -well that one there- are the ones given out at the XXX 30th birthday.
Although in this case it's just a piece of paper. Maybe they're from that though, thanks.
Zeitgeist
Road Kill

They are 100 % official and from either 2009, 2010 or 2011 I think - sold at gigs. The "Shut the f**k up" print is on the paper backing to the badges, and not a postcard. 8)
ruffers
Overbomber

Zeitgeist wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 23:47 They are 100 % official and from either 2009, 2010 or 2011 I think - sold at gigs. The "Shut the f**k up" print is on the paper backing to the badges, and not a postcard. 8)
That'll do me. Never been opened from the looks of it.
GC
Slight Overbomber

If anyone's interested saw this : Damage Done - €1000.
https://www.variaworld.nl/artikel/deta ... &m_mt=128

(Not sure if this is the correct thread for this info)
gothboy
Road Kill

I finally got round to buying a copy of Dominion on CD so I could have an official version of Ozymandias rather than off a bootleg compilation. The boy was bemused by the fact they ever made 3 inch CD singles, presumably another generation on and they will wonder why we ever made CDs at all
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Whilst we're waiting for the next concert tickets to buy, a small Tinsel and Gauze for Charlie and a medium Dickies shirt have been duly ordered. Oh and a bootleg Leeds England tee off ebay, but don't tell Von that.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

not really a sisters purchase at all, but an upgrade for an existing item. i bought a new zippo too use the internals for my bootleg sisters zippo copy. i know, i know.....

iesus
Overbomber

That can count as a service too extend the life of a Sisters related item :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

iesus wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 21:27 That can count as a service too extend the life of a Sisters related item :bat:
That deserves its own thread, latest Sisters item I have extended the life of, or somesuch ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 21:33
iesus wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 21:27 That can count as a service too extend the life of a Sisters related item :bat:
That deserves its own thread, latest Sisters item I have extended the life of, or somesuch ;D
"...17 new heads and 14 new handles..."

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 22:04
Planet Dave wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 21:33
"...17 new heads and 14 new handles..."
:lol: yours definitely fared better than mine then Lee, lost after about a week. Wasn't legit but still. Ah well, don't need it these days.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Just bought the Kiss The Blade anthology for 20-odd quid from ebay, which is considerably cheaper than the £50 a pop when they were on display on the walls downstairs at BAD sometime many moons ago. It's an interesting time capsule and well worth it :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:22 Just bought the Kiss The Blade anthology for 20-odd quid from ebay, which is considerably cheaper than the £50 a pop when they were on display on the walls downstairs at BAD sometime many moons ago. It's an interesting time capsule and well worth it :)
Is this the re-release I've seen somewhere recently ? Not bad as it was so rare before ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 17:39
Planet Dave wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 16:22 Just bought the Kiss The Blade anthology for 20-odd quid from ebay, which is considerably cheaper than the £50 a pop when they were on display on the walls downstairs at BAD sometime many moons ago. It's an interesting time capsule and well worth it :)
Is this the re-release I've seen somewhere recently ? Not bad as it was so rare before ...
Yes it is, I couldn't tell you any greater detail than that but it is on sale on ebay ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295618638090 ... R4zQ3frzYQ
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 18:18
Being645 wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 17:39
Yes it is, I couldn't tell you any greater detail than that but it is on sale on ebay ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295618638090 ... R4zQ3frzYQ
That's the one ... congrats, really a nice set ... :) ... only shipping to Germany would entail another 21£ in postage and import fees ... :eek: :urff: :lol: ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Dakota is James Mountford who usually does semi-official m*****n stuff. He's put this up on eBay to assist other country purchase because it was taking too long 😀
Goths have feelings too
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 08:13 Dakota is James Mountford who usually does semi-official m*****n stuff. He's put this up on eBay to assist other country purchase because it was taking too long 😀
James is a good bloke, his Mish stuff is outstanding. I bought the Kiss The Blade anthology direct from Dakota and it arrived within three days.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
eastmidswhizzkid

my Gran once told me that I would never have money whilst i had a hole in my arse. Yes Gran, you're probably right. but i do have a brand new copy of The Reptile House E.P. and a ticket to both nights at The Roundhouse. :von:

mh
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 16:00 my Gran once told me that I would never have money whilst i had a hole in my arse. Yes Gran, you're probably right. but i do have a brand new copy of The Reptile House E.P. and a ticket to both nights at The Roundhouse. :von:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nothing more need be said.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Marukomu
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 16:32
paint it black wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 08:13 Dakota is James Mountford who usually does semi-official m*****n stuff. He's put this up on eBay to assist other country purchase because it was taking too long 😀
James is a good bloke, his Mish stuff is outstanding. I bought the Kiss The Blade anthology direct from Dakota and it arrived within three days.
I got this set too. Excellent stuff. Does anyone know where the version of Knockin' on Heaven's Door at track 17 on disc 4 is from? It has a long silent intro so it's some sort of hidden track and it's not on the track listing.