Summer hols

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

So far I'm going to the German Derby, Hamburg in july and possibly back to Australia at the end of the year. I was looking at going to the sisters Belgium gig until i read that the venue isn't central to any good hotels and I don't camp.

Have any of you booked summer hols?
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

I'm fancying Italy, although my travelling companions are making a strong case for Spain (again :roll:)
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Debaser
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:I'm fancying Italy, although my travelling companions are making a strong case for Spain (again :roll:)
I'm off to Italy. Got tickets for the Palio in Sienna in Aug, but will also 'do' Rome, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Piza, Florence, Maranello. We were going to hire a car but if Mussolini did one thing, it was get the trains working efficiently.

Gaz is a tad worried - the rubbish in Naples and the fact Vesuvius hasn't erupted for about 60 years and is due anytime :roll: No sense of adventure that boy.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hey, well, just think, if Vesuvio does pop while you're there, you'll make a lovely fossil ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Hey, well, just think, if Vesuvio does pop while you're there, you'll make a lovely fossil ;D
I KNOW!! I said he'd make a lovely find...Tony the Dig would find a skeleton with a set of sunglasses atop the skull and a 4 pint bottle of milk gripped in his hand.
eotunun
Overbomber

@Markfiend:You manage to ride the fine ridge between compliment and declaration of war! :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Quiff, "Lovely Fossil" would be nicer than "Overbomber" for someone who has be around as long as Debaser, wouldn't it? ;D
There is shadow under this red rock
Debaser
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:@Markfiend:You manage to ride the fine ridge between compliment and declaration of war! :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Quiff, "Lovely Fossil" would be nicer than "Overbomber" for someone who has be around as long as Debaser, wouldn't it? ;D
Oi watch it you.....:D
hallucienate
Overbomber

I'm off for a week at the Kruger National Park on Saturday morning. Then I've got 3 weeks in Sweden at the end of July.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

A plan is shaping up to travel across Norway in june, but you all know about 'plans': they come & go :innocent:
We'll see what happens...
in dub we trust
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

hallucienate wrote:I'm off for a week at the Kruger National Park on Saturday morning. Then I've got 3 weeks in Sweden at the end of July.

and will i be needing my 'hat' after those three weeks :D
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I should be going 5 days in Riccione in august.
It isn't confirmed yet but we're working on it. :lol:
Hopefully I'll try to visit some european city in september... shame I cannot make any plan ahead though... :?
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hallucienate wrote:I'm off for a week at the Kruger National Park on Saturday morning. Then I've got 3 weeks in Sweden at the end of July.
he's back ;D :lol:

:notworthy: :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I hope to be all over the place 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Nowhere yet, spent too much in Iceland! :D
mh
Above the Chemist

Nowt booked or even planned yet, but I'm chewing over the idea of paying the pyramids a visit. :cool:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

mh wrote:Nowt booked or even planned yet, but I'm chewing over the idea of paying the pyramids a visit. :cool:
<--------- Jealous

:(
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

[quote="Debaser"

I'm off to Italy. Got tickets for the Palio in Sienna in Aug, but will also 'do' Rome, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Piza, Florence, Maranello. We were going to hire a car but if Mussolini did one thing, it was get the trains working efficiently.

I love Italy.I went to Sorrento and the Isle of Capri.Beautiful
Hope you have a lovely time Ness :)
mh
Above the Chemist

Aye, Florence is a strong candidate for "most fantastic city in the universe" too. :notworthy: Just don't expect to find any pubs-as-we-know-them in Italy (aside from the ubiquitous Irish pubs)!

@smis - you may be jealous, but I'll be broke! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Was toying with the idea of going across the pond to see the Cure. :innocent:
Does that count?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
christophe
Overbomber

a whole summer @ Casa Christophe :innocent:
Another Shade of You.
Hexe Luciferia

mh wrote:Aye, Florence is a strong candidate for "most fantastic city in the universe" too. :notworthy: Just don't expect to find any pubs-as-we-know-them in Italy (aside from the ubiquitous Irish pubs)!
Being an Italian I may suggest that maybe Venice is equally a strong candidate for the title :wink:
Venice is pure magic.
Anyway, yeah, Florence is a great place :D
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Egypt
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hexe Luciferia wrote:
mh wrote:Aye, Florence is a strong candidate for "most fantastic city in the universe" too. :notworthy: Just don't expect to find any pubs-as-we-know-them in Italy (aside from the ubiquitous Irish pubs)!
Being an Italian I may suggest that maybe Venice is equally a strong candidate for the title :wink:
Venice is pure magic.
But Venice is like the Italian Bruges, i.e. Disneyland :urff: (not that there aren't nice sights, but well, bloody tourists)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Hexe Luciferia

Obviousman wrote:
Hexe Luciferia wrote:
Venice is pure magic.
But Venice is like the Italian Bruges, i.e. Disneyland :urff: (not that there aren't nice sights, but well, bloody tourists)
You think? :eek: Never saw Venice like Disneyland at all. If you're only referring to the exceeding number of tourist, well, yes, I may agree, but "visually" Venice is stunning - and I'm referring to the "not over seen Venice" , i.e the beautiful, hidden places behind the well known spots.
Dunno, I love Venice and utterly despise Disneyalnd and everything related to it. There must be something wrong with me :wink: :lol: :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

If you want to really see Venice you do need to get walking, and try to get lost in it for a while (which isn't that hard!) It's an amazing experience on those terms. :D