another free NIN album - the slip

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hope it's good. Getting it...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I'm no fan of NiN, but I do like the way he's experimenting with these new freeconomic business models.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

lazarus corporation wrote:I'm no fan of NiN, but I do like the way he's experimenting with these new freeconomic business models.
Yeah Paul, I saw your reply there and thought "Since when was Lazcorp a NINny?" :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

I'm still waiting on the activation e-mail and I've been a registered member for some time now :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

:D

Top one, nice one, sorted!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:I'm no fan of NiN, but I do like the way he's experimenting with these new freeconomic business models.
Yeah Paul, I saw your reply there and thought "Since when was Lazcorp a NINny?" :lol:
Well, I'm not.. I've not been overly impressed so far, but I figure maybe I should listen to some more stuff.
Oh, but obviously I dance to Closer when it's played. :lol:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

boudicca wrote:
No, certainly not me. I get my fix of teenage angst and faux rebellion against Mummy & Daddy by listening to the kids at the bus stop every day - I don't need Mr Reznor whining on my stereo as well.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

TESTIFY!!! :notworthy: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

it's here
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

I downloaded the FLAC version - so I can convert it to MP3 later :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'm with laz on this one.

i downloaded the free bits of 'ghosts' and then set him $10 for a cd version for the hell of it. whilst i'm not really a fan of his music (anymore - the first 2 or 3 albums were pretty good) i admire what he's trying to do for/to the music industry.

that said, part of me wishes he'd exercise a bit more quality control, and stop releasing material which IMHO sounds like partially complete demos...

quality rather than quantity.

i'd rather he combine some of the ideas that are currently spread across 3 or 4 'albums' into a set of dozen killer tunes. i'd probably be willing to pay for that.

still, the boy is trying, so fair play to him 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

I was a major NINny from Broken to the DVD ... and all that could have been. I found them very difficult and quite challenging at times but after seeing them on the Downward Spiral gig in 1994 at the Barras, I knew where they were coming from. The endless remix albums started to bore me then they became NINlite with Teeth. All that angsty angst has been done to death Trout, give it a break please. This new album is more of the angsty angst with two (stand out) non shoutey tracks. I d/l Ghost months ago and only unZipped it today after the Boss mentioned it. From what I've heard so far, this is more my kind of NIN.
Good luck to old Trout Razor and all who sail in NIN, he certainly looks after his fans.
:D :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

How long before it becomes another "modern day classic" James
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I just need time to listen to it!!!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
James Blast
Banned

Pista wrote:How long before it becomes another "modern day classic" James
:lol:
"What if everything around you, isn't quite as it seems"?

see what I did there? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

Many thanks Quiff!
Some of the tunes are quite okay, but there's a lot of underwhelming stuff in there as well. But I never was a fan of theirs. I
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

NINny :lol:
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:angsty angst
:lol: 8)
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Spigel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I quite like the direction that Trent has gone with the Ghost stuff, but I think Jesu does it much better, but IMO Trent is still a very talented and thoughtful man :notworthy: