C'mon...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

..we all know the JUSA is pretty bad, but the UK is not far behind.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/may/2 ... tworkfront

This is just too ridiculous. What the hell is going on here, huh? FFS, this is the world our parents have build up and YOU are supporting.

"Abusive and insulting!"

What kind of imbeciles inhabit this world?

Sincerely,
the Freedom Man
we've got beer and we've got fuel
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Let me just say, that freedom implies freedom. Freedom doesn't imply freedom to do anything you want as long as no one might object to what you do or say.

That's the price of freedom. The price of freedom is that people will abuse or offend each other. That's because people are dependent of and connected to each other, BUT NOT MORE SO than we are dependent of and connected to every single living creature on this planet, and the planet itself, and the moon, and the starres, and the other galaxies. It's all one living organism.
But the organism isn't at risk. If one cell in your body dies, it doesn't threaten to kill you.

That's what we must accept if we want a free world. If we don't accept that, it's useless to talk about ourselves as freedom-loving people.

Laws and political limitations don't interfere with freedom...this is worse limitation of freedom than anything ever done in China, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, or Cuba, or even the effin Soviet Russia.
Political freedom means nothing. This is the true desecration of freedom.

DIE WEST. DIE.

But westerns are so f**king stupid that west is already dying. And thank GOD for that. If westerners go along with these stupidities, well, sayonara - good riddance - and have a nice day.

And while we're at it, i hope for death for all humanity before this whole beautiful planet is destroyed.

What are you gonna do about it?
What are you gonna do?

the Freedom Man
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

How pathetic.

I'm leaving at the earliest opportunity. Don't know where yet but I'll be travelling to find out.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Pursued By Trees
Road Kill

I've yet to come across a definition of the word which wasn't a hat in exactly their size.

Can't wait until they get their asses kicked under 'fair comment' ... I predict it will open floodgates ... although I seriously doubt that it'll go the legal distance.

It walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... ergo- Scientology is a duck!
I'm headed for the trees over there
If that's not a destination
I don't care
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The City of London Police is a dangerous cult.
mh
Above the Chemist

Let's hope nobody ever tries to stage a public protest against Ian Astbury, then.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Wow. A combination of warmed-over existentialist drivel and anti-semitic conspiracy mongering all wrapped up in a pseudo-libertarian pseudo-iconoclast ribbon. You've got the whole package, pal.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Spigel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard
Overbomber

...ev'rybody and let's get together tonight.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

The issue doesn't smack of rocket science, to me. Check out this link inside the Grauniad story that dei posted. IMHO, the explanation's pretty simple: several members of the City of London's police force are Scientologists (I'm fighting the urge to add a "duh!" here).
Obviously, I could be wrong (;)), but it's a logical explanation for their illogical actions.
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

Why this one boy, though? Those protests were worldwide and lots of the placards said "Scientology is a cult."
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

"The teenager refused to back down..."

"One demonstrator continued to display a placard despite police warnings..."

Perhaps he was the lone demonstrator with any cojones..? ;)
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

Ah. I'm assuming the protest was outside one of the churches?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

"The unnamed 15-year-old was served the summons by City of London police when he took part in a peaceful demonstration opposite the London headquarters of the controversial religion."

Lemme guess - you didn't read the aforementioned article, did you? Tsk, tsk. :lol: :P
eotunun
Overbomber

I guess I'll get myself a shirt with "Do not obey monotheistic cults!" printed on it. Let's see how long the defenders of the roman conspiracy take to arrest me. :wink:
And for the rest, I guess the kid was arrested for resisting the police, not for criticising them blimin' scientos, aye?
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:"The unnamed 15-year-old was served the summons by City of London police when he took part in a peaceful demonstration opposite the London headquarters of the controversial religion."

Lemme guess - you didn't read the aforementioned article, did you? Tsk, tsk. :lol: :P
Nope :innocent: I have now though, and FFS Guardian, Anon isn't solely an anti-Scientology group :lol:
Last edited by Perki on 21 May 2008, 15:41, edited 2 times in total.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Can everybody stop talking about this?
I can feel Travolta and Cruises evil eyes on us right now.
It won't be long until we're all zombie eyed followers.

Cult? They're a bunch of 'em alright. :evil:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eotunun
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote: I can feel Travolta and Cruises evil eyes on us right now.
Never mind the Daleks. :wink:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Perki wrote:
SINsister wrote:"The unnamed 15-year-old was served the summons by City of London police when he took part in a peaceful demonstration opposite the London headquarters of the controversial religion."

Nope :innocent: I have now though, and FFS Guardian, Anon isn't solely an anti-Scientology group :lol:
In fact, they're barely that at all. :P

Also, go JUSA, and presumably JUK.. HEY LOOK, ZIONZIONZIONZIONZIONZION! :roll:

Giggle.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This kid's freedom of speech surely trumps $cientology's 'right' not to be insulted.

And this is really worse than anything China, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, or Cuba does (or the USSR did) dei? I didn't see anyone sent to any British gulags or deathcamps.

Yes the UK system is bad (and getting worse), I'm happy to grant you that, but it's a damn sight better than a lot of places I hear about. And please don't think we're all mindlessly sitting back and accepting this sh!t.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I didn't see anyone sent to any British gulags or deathcamps.
If you build them, they will come... :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
mh
Above the Chemist

I do notice that nobody complained about the "not a religion" and "dangerous" bits. Interesting, that...
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

markfiend wrote:And please don't think we're all mindlessly sitting back and accepting this sh!t.
Precisely. I don't really take offense at dei's haranguing, anymore, because ultimately, it's just more hypocritical hot air from (yet another) solely-armchair zealot. Ho-hum. :roll: :|
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

there'll be a lawsuit, the kid will win, met will pay out, just like the free tibet protests when the met forcibly removed flags.

just surprised he wasn't done for terrorism.

scientology is not recognised as a religion in this country, unlike the USA.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:DIE WEST. DIE.

But westerns are so f**king stupid that west is already dying. And thank GOD for that. If westerners go along with these stupidities, well, sayonara - good riddance - and have a nice day.

And while we're at it, i hope for death for all humanity before this whole beautiful planet is destroyed.

What are you gonna do?

the Freedom Man
So, you want everybody to die be they a good or bad person. What we don't need are negative people like you saying extremist, unhelpful, unconstructive, offensive and hate-driven things like that.

If you hope humanity dies instead of realising its mistakes and learning from them, then you're a sick person.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.