Favourite Fab Three

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Cope, McCulloch or Wiley?

Cope
56%
McCulloch
44%
Wiley
No votes

Total votes: 16
Francis
Overbomber

A Passionate Friend gets my vote.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
mh
Above the Chemist

Tut tut tut Francis, we all know who the fabbest "3" of all are...

;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Francis
Overbomber

Must have been otherwise occupied when they hit the headlines. Sorry.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

2 votes for Mac so far, and one of them's mine ;D
Francis
Overbomber

You're so predictable. :wink:
Francis
Overbomber

Quality, not quantity. Your top Mac tune is?
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Francis wrote:Quality, not quantity. Your top Mac tune is?
Hmm well if he's in crooner mode then it's probably "What Are You Going To Do With Your Life", or "Rust"

But if we're in full on Bunnymen mode then it's gotta be Over The Wall or Back Of Love
Silver_Owl
The Don

Well, the ArchDrude gets his first vote.
How can he not? Just look at him.... 8)

He's done the pop idol thing. He's moved into the realm of pseudo-Kraut rock and not been afraid to experiment with Doom Metal. He constantly re-invents himself and is one of Britains (if not Europes) leading experts on Antiquarian sites. :notworthy:

Favourite Mac tune; Over The Wall. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
Debaser
Overbomber

You need to ask?

and in the interest of fairness

Never seen Mr Wylie when I've had a camera so he'll have to miss out

The Crucial Three.... how did they all managed to fit in the same bedroom at one time?
Last edited by Debaser on 01 Jun 2008, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Silver_Owl
The Don

Beautiful stuff (The Copey pics that is). :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Debaser
Overbomber

One has to wonder which way the Drude would vote....

"Okay, there ends this month’s reviews section and now, after having written so positively about all the great contemporary crop of rock’n’roll artists, I’m sorry to have to turn negative at the final furlong. However, as an Odinist warrior poet motherfucker, I ain’t never claimed to be any of that la-di-da peace/love/dove Zen s**t, so I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!

Oh yeah, and see y’all at Brum Town Hall on May 26th,

Love on ya,

JULIAN (Lord Yatesbury AKA Archdrude of Wessex) "

Take from his Head Heritage site :lol: :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Beautiful stuff (The Copey pics that is). :notworthy:
Sadly, on the demise of the last poot, we lost some real stunners. It fair broke my heart

the first person to mention 'backing up' will feel my 'back up' when next we meet.....
Silver_Owl
The Don

They love each other really. :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Debaser
Overbomber

I really should, think, contemplate, redraft, edit THEN hit send :D :D :D
scotty
Overbomber

OK folks, the argument's over :wink:

:twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
mh
Above the Chemist

Fab six even, Keith? :innocent:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Debaser wrote:One has to wonder which way the Drude would vote....

"Okay, there ends this month’s reviews section and now, after having written so positively about all the great contemporary crop of rock’n’roll artists, I’m sorry to have to turn negative at the final furlong. However, as an Odinist warrior poet motherfucker, I ain’t never claimed to be any of that la-di-da peace/love/dove Zen s**t, so I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!

Oh yeah, and see y’all at Brum Town Hall on May 26th,

Love on ya,

JULIAN (Lord Yatesbury AKA Archdrude of Wessex) "

Take from his Head Heritage site :lol: :lol:
:lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

tear me

JC got my vote, even though I got kicked out of the last gig I went to :| ...

What's wrong with Harranguing Mark Lamaar a little :roll:
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:wink: and he is very little
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Timmac
Road Kill

Mac for me even though he called me a "twit" from the stage in '94. Electrofixion gig so maybe he had a point. Best song? Today it's "Show Of Strength".

Never got to into Cope although his books are great and he's written some ace stuff about Van Halen and Montrose on the Head Heritage site.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Bugger - There is NO "none of the above" option ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Poor Pete Wylie, can I change my vote from Copey (just because I feel sorry for Pete) now? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

surely husker du, galaxie 500 or indeed spacemen 3.

poll renamed to favourite cruicial 3!

but yeah, copey.
Francis
Overbomber

I quite like the Bunnymen's first two albums, but it went downhill with The Cutter. And I've always thought McCulloch was an affectatious poser. Actually, the cover of Crocodiles is probably their highpoint for me.

And who is the Pete Wylie you speak of? :innocent: