Claims To Fame!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

I hit Meatloaf with a bottle of p*ss at the Reading Festival 8) :twisted: , you?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:I hit Meatloaf with a bottle of p*ss at the Reading Festival 8) :twisted: , you?
Yuk! Was it a group effort or all your own?
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

Not much of one, but I went to grade school woth the girl that played the little sister in Saturday Night Fever :roll:
James Blast
Banned

I dropped a bottle of Newcastle Brown on the toe of a Strawbs keyboard player
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Lessee here...

-Held Cyndi Lauper's hand while she sang (Cyndi Lauper & Modern English concert, Bridgeport, CT, 1983)

-Helped to throw a huge banner onto the stage during a Power Station concert, which strategically landed right at John Taylor's feet (Hartford, CT, summer 1985)

-Met and got the autographs of at least two of the Bangles after their concert at the Skansen amusement park/zoo (near Stockholm, Sweden, summer 1986)

-Met and got the autograph of Jon Cryer - a.k.a. Ducky from "Pretty in Pink" (Hamburg, Germany, summer 1986)

-Was stalked down the Venice Beach boardwalk by the lead singer of Fishbone (Venice Beach, CA, 1988)

-Met and chatted with Andreas Bruhn and Tim Bricheno/got a nod from Tony James/stood less than 6" from Eldritch and later got a big smile from him whilst he was sans shades (my first TSoM concert, Boston, MA, March 1991)

-Helped Nick Cage, Charlie Sheen, Ian Astbury, Wil Wheaton, Angelyne, and others with their shopping (Retail Slut, Hollywood, CA, 1992)

-Was given items stolen from the "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" prop storage area (Hollywood, CA, 1992)

-Met Andi Sex Gang after a Sex Gang Children show and helped him arrange a ride to his hotel (Hollywood, CA, 1992)

-Got into an online tiff with (and was subsequently shunned by) Sean Brennan of London After Midnight (Los Angeles, CA, circa 1996)

-Günter Schulz took a photo of me just before En Esch kissed me during a KMFDM show (Pomona, CA, 1997)

-Had a photoshoot with Fred Berger of Propaganda Magazine fame (Los Angeles, CA, summer 1999) - see robertzombie's avatar... ;) :P

-Was the creator of Propaganda Magazine's first (amateur) web site and was its webmistress for several years (Mr. X subsequently created the official web site and all of its graphics)

-Was an extra in a video for Chicago industrial supergroup Die Schoen and was subsequently hit on by one of its members, one of the guys from Nitzer Ebb (Chicago, IL, circa 1999)

-Met famed alien/dog/thing Mr. Winkle and his famous photographer owner (Chicago, IL, 2001)

-Bought a black PVC bondage coat off of the lead singer of Psyclon 9 (Chicago, IL, circa 2005)

-Met and got the autographs of most of KMFDM after their show (Chicago, IL, circa 2005)

-Got one of Ben Christo's guitar picks during the concert and pounced on him afterward (TSoM show, Chicago, IL, 2006)

-Was an extra in a Die Warzau video (Chicago, IL, 2006)

-Chatted with Buzz McCoy during his guest DJ set at a Chicago nightclub (Chicago, IL, 2006)

-Hung out with with Luc Van Acker at a Ministry aftershow party and later screamed "38! 38!" out of car windows with him at 4:30 am whilst on the way to drop him off at his hotel (Chicago, IL, 2006)

-Met and was photographed with the lead singer of Combichrist (Chicago, IL, 2006)

-Met and hung out in a DJ booth with Paul Barker (Chicago, IL, 2006)

-Met Justin Broadrick after a Jesu show (Chicago, IL, 2007)

-Was an extra in a waiting room scene for an independent film shot on location at a hospital about 25 minutes or so from Dad's house - in fact, it was the hospital in which Mom stayed during each of her cancer bouts, and in which she eventually died (Hartford, CT, June 28, 2008 - yes, yesterday afternoon, hehe)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some folks/"claims to fame"...

...and, as you can see, none of this has done me a damn bit of good or gotten me anywhere. :lol: :roll: :| *Sigh*

:von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

show off :P
psichonaut
Overbomber

wow Sinnie
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote:I dropped a bottle of Newcastle Brown on the toe of a Strawbs keyboard player
The words "dropped" & "Newcastle Brown" should never be in the same sentence :eek:
:lol: :lol:

I got a kiss off Siouxsie Sioux after the 1985 gig in Brighton
:oops: :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

little chat and ticket signed by/with Ethan Port from Savage Republic + dance during one song ;D, and e-mail with Thom Fuhrmann from SR, he also sent me and demo of their new songs. few talks and autographs from local and Polish artists.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Well, I have just received the following message on myspace:
Hello,
My name is Dominique Reiniche, a Member of the Confederation of the Food and Drink Industries of the EU. President of the Union of European Union Group of The Coca-Cola Company.

Right now we are working on a job for Coca cola in the United states (USA), I'd like to know if you are interested in modeling, for your photos would be displayed on billboards, magazines and all major international airports in the USA.

We go around selecting pictures and photos that fit the required standard we have set down, from different sites on the internet such such as dating and modelling sites. I saw your photo on this site and I think they fit our criteria perfectly.

Please let me know if you are interested in this Job. For starters, you get a reasonable $750 before photo shoot after which you may negotiate your contract pay. Its also may be a chance to attain noticeable fame.

If you are interested in this offer and I would give you further details.

God Bless
Dominique Reiniche.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I might reply to find out at which point they would like a copy of my bank details in order to pay me. :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Erudite wrote:Well, I have just received the following message on myspace:
Hello,
My name is Dominique Reiniche, a Member of the Confederation of the Food and Drink Industries of the EU. President of the Union of European Union Group of The Coca-Cola Company.

Right now we are working on a job for Coca cola in the United states (USA), I'd like to know if you are interested in modeling, for your photos would be displayed on billboards, magazines and all major international airports in the USA.

We go around selecting pictures and photos that fit the required standard we have set down, from different sites on the internet such such as dating and modelling sites. I saw your photo on this site and I think they fit our criteria perfectly.

Please let me know if you are interested in this Job. For starters, you get a reasonable $750 before photo shoot after which you may negotiate your contract pay. Its also may be a chance to attain noticeable fame.

If you are interested in this offer and I would give you further details.

God Bless
Dominique Reiniche.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I might reply to find out at which point they would like a copy of my bank details in order to pay me. :wink:
First thing that went through my mind when I first saw your avatar-picture Mr. E... "Now there's a coke-head if I ever saw one!" :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

Not fair of course, because I am fame incarnated :twisted:

Shared stages and backstages with metalbands such as Cradle of Milf, Within Temptation, Dimmu Borgir, Ancient Rites, Tiamat and Samael, and other weirdo's such as Front 242, Death In June, The Protagonist and Rome.

Most memorable moment is getting pished in the backstage with Danni Filth and deciding to plunder the fridge of the blokes next door, who happened to be Tiamat. Useless to say there wasn't much left to pilfer apart from still water and oranges :lol:

We pilfered the next backstage room anyway, never knew whose it was but I remember the people from In the Woods walking around on the festival area with a face like a stormcloud and slightly more sober than usual ;D

IZ.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: First thing that went through my mind when I first saw your avatar-picture Mr. E... "Now there's a coke-head if I ever saw one!" :lol:

IZ.
:lol:
Naw, strictly the cheap stuff, mate. :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy

Erudite wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: First thing that went through my mind when I first saw your avatar-picture Mr. E... "Now there's a coke-head if I ever saw one!" :lol:

IZ.
:lol:
Naw, strictly the cheap stuff, mate. :wink:

:?: ;D

IZ.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I hold an official world record.

Used to know Stuart Adamason from Big Country. (My dad baptised his kids and we used to go carol singing round their house.)

Bought a Vice Versa album off eBay from a seller who turned out to be Vice Versa member and ABC sax player Stephen Singleton.

Once worked on an (ultimately unmade) video script for which Jon Pertwee was requesting that I give him fewer lines.

Made a (really bad) advert. Only ever seen in Scotland.

A few music/TV/snooker (!) autographs as well.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Bartek wrote:show off :P
It hardly matters, though, innit? It's the equivalent of:

("I met Andy Warhol at a really chic party")
Blow it out your hairdo, 'cause you work at Hardees

-The Dead Milkmen, "Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything)"

:| ;)

Oh, and I forgot: I got my left foot jumped on - and was then apologized to - by C.C. DeVille at a Knack show (Hollywood, CA, 1988); hung out with Motorcycle Boy and their hair-metal pals before/after their show - kind of doesn't count, though, because I worked with one of Motorcycle Boy's members (Hollywood, CA, 1992), met the guys from Pleasure Club (Chicago, IL, 2004), etc., etc.

If only fame worked via osmosis, eh? :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

stufarq wrote:I hold an official world record.
:eek:

What for?
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Phuck phame.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
mh
Above the Chemist

Nothing too exciting here.

My neighbour growing up was quite a famous political cartoonist.

A friend's bother used to play guitar (and wear a fetching underpants/fur coat combo) in a "legendary Irish rock band" in the 80s.

Think that's about it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eotunun
Overbomber

-I helped Ulf Merbold with his glider plane a couple of times at Bonn-Hangelar Airfield and had some extended chats with him. (Not exactly a one for small talk, but good for a converstaion.)
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I used to work with Ritchie Stotts, The Plasmatics' ax-man.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

SINsister wrote:
Bartek wrote:show off :P
It hardly matters, though, innit? It's the equivalent of:

("I met Andy Warhol at a really chic party")
Blow it out your hairdo, 'cause you work at Hardees

-The Dead Milkmen, "Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything)"
don't take my comments/posts so serious, that my advice for you Ms. :roll: :wink:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I talked to the frontmen of FGG and ARF, does that count :wink:

Other than that hardly anything international, I was in a pilot for a talk show once but we ended up not being broadcast and everyone who things he/she is famous in Flanders shops at my local supermarket. Can't think of any big things really other than this...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
GC
Slight Overbomber

Once danced next to the official Hitman and Her regular dancer (the black one with long hair).

Once served some of the cast of Brookside whilst working in a pub in Wales (included here was the one who played Bob the prostitute in Blackadder).

In the same pub served Mike Peters.

Shook hands with Prince Charles when I was ten and in the Cubs.

Drank in the same pub as Bob Mortimer
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I lived in the 20th century, together with great ones like Eldo. :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"