I'm back!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So! I've kinda been gone for quite some time, damn, I don't even remember the last time I was here. I also think I wasn't so polite as to even do a proper goodbye, it was more like a slow fading of interest... but I'm back.

What I do remember is that at some point in time- I'm going to say it could have been three months or more- the fora were kinda empty, nothing new was being added, what was wasn't very interesting... so I stopped checking as much as I did. Simultaneously, my interest for the Sisters was fading as well ( :eek: you might think, but yes it was starting to get boring, really), mainly because I couldn't come up with new playlists to listen to, but also because another band was rising in popularity for me: the Swedish Death Metal band Soilwork.

Where did this sudden change in interest come from?! I'd say it's because at the time, I was getting really, really stressed from work pressure at school, having to finish my profielwerkstuk and general factors that made me feel depressed. I could say my taste was blunted then, but that's not quite it- I began to move away from the subtlety and deepness of the Sisters' music and began seeking out more direct, powerful music- something that I then found more fitting with my unreceptive and depressed state of mind. The combination of the band Soilwork and their music into a video that was of great interest to me and the quality of that video brought me to watch it so many times that I eventually decided to give the band a chance.

A reason for doing so was that I knew that if I wouldn't listen to the Sisters at all for an extended period of time, I would appreciate them even more when I would begin listening again. So I decided to use Soilwork to stop listening to the Sisters for a while. Another decision was to devote more time to school to make it past the last year (which was getting tougher and tougher for me and required my full attention), and thus to stop playing on the computer for some time.

What happened was that after downloading some Soilwork I found the band really good enough (at least, enough of their songs were good enough for me, not nearly all of them) to start listening to it intensely. And I forgot about the Sisters.

... so, after many months, when I had gone through hell and back to finish my last year (succesfully! yay I'm going to college ;D ), I kinda had to... return to the Sisters. I figured that although I really had enough music coming from Soilwork to amuse me, I did actually like the Sisters better. During the first weeks of vacation I relaxed and my musical taste changed back- very slowly- to allow the Sisters again. But- surprisingly- when I tried to listen to them, I bumped into that all too familiar wall we've all gone through- getting used to the Sisters takes time and getting used to them again does too, apparently. At first, all but their most fantastic songs (songs that I consider their best like Marian, Dominion, Temple of Love, Driven Like the Snow etc.) seemed appalingly boring- even though I heard that the quality was still in the music, it just didn't hit that inner string for me anymore, it wasn't interesting. Shocked, I decided to give it some more time- luckily- and after a few more weeks, which is now, I feel I'm growing back towards the Sisters again.

What I remember from these forums is that there is some sort of rule of conduct that nobody can tell you but everybody abides to- that you can never tell whether something is funny or not- and that everything is cryptical. But most of all, I remember that it is a forum with good people- so I'm glad to be back. :notworthy:
It's good to be back
Pista
Cureboi

Welcome back Tidal.
Oh & I don't think the word "cryptical" exists (at least firefox puts a red line under it anyway (but then it underlines "firefox" too).
:innocent:
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paul
Overbomber

Tidal, you are kidding us, right? ... They should make a seperate section for you on this forum :urff:
Pista
Cureboi

The tide comes in & goes out & comes in & goes out &........ :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

Hello again :D
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Big Wave Fae Me :D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
psichonaut
Overbomber

welcome back
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Welcome back into the fold, Tidal! ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

nice to see you back
christophe
Overbomber

good to have you back T
you did hear about the new album right? :eek: clicky
Another Shade of You.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Hee! Howzit Tidal!

Where have you been! And what crap are you chatting about in Sister's Chat?! Are you going to Belgium or not...

You know if you miss this boat you'll swim forever! :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Tidal

I do want to go there, but my dad is on vacation to Great Britain at that time while me mum is off to her holiday cottage (or whatever you call that). So only if she is willing to come over and drive me there, I can go- otherwise I might get so desperate as to cycle right from Einhoven over the border to Tienen - it's far but not too far for a Sisters gig ;D
It's good to be back
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

hee hee...how old where you again sweetie?
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Welcome back Ivo! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Dodges Unlimited Inc.

Tidal wrote:
Where did this sudden change in interest come from?! I'd say it's because at the time, I was getting really, really stressed from work pressure at school, having to finish my profielwerkstuk and general factors that made me feel depressed.
'Life', eh? TSOM puts it all back in perspective for us ... Stress? Get some Rizlas out ... 8)
“Pension. Pay given to a state hireling for treason to his country.�
Samuel Johnson, A Dictionary of the English Language (1755)