New Sisters tribute band

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
funandprofit
Road Kill

Thanks Bismarck. We'll see. We just got up and running finally. I love New York. I know exactly wehere you used to live. right by Haight. Remember the I-Beam?
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
www.myspace.com/thereptilehaus
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

funandprofit wrote:Remember the I-Beam?
saw some great shows there, red lorry yellow lorry if i remember correctly. missed the sisters in 83 as i was too young (saw them at the kabuki). And reckless records on haight + masonic was my haunt.

where will/have you folks play(ed) in the city? are the sisters still big there? they were huge in the 80s. well, huge. y'know.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
funandprofit
Road Kill

Saw the Lorries in San Jose in 1987, never saw them at the I-beam. I did get a chance to see Xymox, Killing Joke and Curve there though

Did your first show in Oakland on Halloween. next up is San Jose in Dec than on to San fran in Jan/Feb
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

going to try not to be grumpy, but after waiting a seriously long time for the page to load, when i got to the myspace page that says "the mp3's are here"! they're f**king NOT!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
funandprofit
Road Kill

Dont be grumpy! They've been there since we posted them. They're not in the Blog "New MP3s" They're right on our main page where the music player is. Nothing different than any other Band with MP3s on their page. Give it another shot.
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Padstar wrote:
zero01 wrote:
Padstar wrote:Good work!!!!

These guys might indeed need a replacement for The Smurphs before long so get your stuff together guys!
Paddy
Interesting comment...are the smurphs going somewhere, or has Gargamel won?
He he someone noticed......

Next July will be 12 years of The Smurphs.
We are a bit jaded.
Its unlikely we will be able to top some recent gigs.
We are all busy with other projects.
We never got to headline a night at Whitby :)
We don't think a Sisters album release in imminent.

Makes you think, we certainly are.

Make sure you are free in july.
Paddy
:eek:

Don't you think this could do with a thread in General Chat?! The people need to know...

Harsh words may be said on the 29th!

:(