Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Eureka Machines news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #376  Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
engage with your fan base

Not thinking of anyone in particular are we? Laughing Our fearless leader!
Damian
Road Kill

PostPost #377  Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Going rather well, isn't it? Yay them. 216% and rising, and only 500 pledges short of the total last time, with less than a week gone.

Their hometown show is this Saturday and there are very very few tickets left:

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/280972

This is the one at which they'll be recording the DVD that is being made for this campaign, so you would in all probably be on it.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #378  Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't look like Kerry and I will make it to the Brudenell on Saturday. Sad

That's the problem with being such popular social butterflies you see. Laughing
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #379  Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damian wrote:
Going rather well, isn't it? Yay them. 216% and rising, and only 500 pledges short of the total last time, with less than a week gone.

It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.
Loved the eighties covers EP.
TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #380  Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:

It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.

Same here, especially the cover ... Laughing ...
No chance to see their hometown show live, though ... the Brudenell is just a few miles too far from here ... so the DVD is very welcome ... Wink ...
Damian
Road Kill

PostPost #381  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:

Same here, especially the cover ... Laughing ...
No chance to see their hometown show live, though ... the Brudenell is just a few miles too far from here ... so the DVD is very welcome ... Wink ...

The show was incredible - the best I've ever seen them, by some distance, so the DVD should be an absolute treat...
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #382  Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really curious to see them one day. There wont be a chance to see them in Belgium anytime soon. I'd book them myself, but I wouldn't know where to get the audience for it to recover the costs to book a cross-channel band for one gig. From the pool of lets say 500 people who come to my shows, in groups of 60-100 per show depending on the line-up, venue and mostly genre, I wouldn't know who would come to see this style of music. I'm not a fan of the genre or any bands that sound a bit alike either, but the songs from this band are just so catchy and good. It seems to be part of the British pop rock style that was popular in 2005-2009, but now... not so much, at least not in Belgium Sad

Guess I'll have to schedule my trip to Leeds next summer (hopefully) around a gig, if no other occasions come up (like a Near Meth Experience or Sisters gig Laughing , or just another nice gig)
Damian
Road Kill

PostPost #383  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VonII wrote:
I'm really curious to see them one day. There wont be a chance to see them in Belgium anytime soon. I'd book them myself, but I wouldn't know where to get the audience for it to recover the costs to book a cross-channel band for one gig. From the pool of lets say 500 people who come to my shows, in groups of 60-100 per show depending on the line-up, venue and mostly genre, I wouldn't know who would come to see this style of music. I'm not a fan of the genre or any bands that sound a bit alike either, but the songs from this band are just so catchy and good. It seems to be part of the British pop rock style that was popular in 2005-2009, but now... not so much, at least not in Belgium Sad

Guess I'll have to schedule my trip to Leeds next summer (hopefully) around a gig, if no other occasions come up (like a Near Meth Experience or Sisters gig Laughing , or just another nice gig)

Use it as an excuse for a holiday! I'd never go abroad just for a gig, but I have fitted short breaks round overseas gigs on three occasions. That way, if the gig gets cancelled/rescheduled, it's not too bad.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #384  Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the Eurekas are out on tour in the Spring. http://circuitsweet.co.uk/2015/01/eureka-machines-announce-new-crowdfunded-album-brainwaves-and-tour-dates/. Ben's band gave one date in March. Neither band has yet announced anything for the summer ...
ROBBIE
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #385  Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Looks like the Eurekas are out on tour in the Spring. http://circuitsweet.co.uk/2015/01/eureka-machines-announce-new-crowdfunded-album-brainwaves-and-tour-dates/. Ben's band gave one date in March. Neither band has yet announced anything for the summer ...

Just enough time between Hull (5th) and Sheffield (22nd) for a few SOM dates then Very Happy
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #386  Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Robbie: Quicky Tour in UK?
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #387  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=51907_0_2_0_C
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #388  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joy wrote:
Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

Thanks for the link. This is nice and short and written very well ... We are not worthy! ...
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #389  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
Joy wrote:

Thanks for the link. This is nice and short and written very well ... We are not worthy! ...

No it isn't. *pedant mode* it is actually The Sisters Of Mercy. Perhaps they had a word limit.
TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #390  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Joy wrote:

No it isn't. *pedant mode* it is actually The Sisters Of Mercy. Perhaps they had a word limit.

... Laughing ... OK. In the headline (maybe limited space, indeed) ... in the text it's different ... Wink Mr. Green ...
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #391  Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update this evening with snippets of some new songs

Very Happy
TheCureCommunity
Damian
Road Kill

PostPost #392  Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

The ceremony was on Friday night and they won in all four categories that they were nominated for. Ace.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #393  Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damian wrote:
Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

The ceremony was on Friday night and they won in all four categories that they were nominated for. Ace.

Yep, saw this over the weekend. Great news chaps. Well deserved.
We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #394  Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Damian wrote:

Yep, saw this over the weekend. Great news chaps. Well deserved.
We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

Absolutely great news ... Congrats!!!! ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ... Very Happy ...
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #395  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get EM.

Quite in the minority here, I know - just sayin'
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #396  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:
I don't get EM.

Well, minority in a thread dedicated to EM maybe, but I believe the vast majority of Sisters fans "don't get" EM. No offence to Chris, he does a great job in the Sisters, but EM is just a totally different type of music.

I don't think there are many NxN fans here either, likewise.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #397  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:

I don't get NxN Laughing
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #398  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:
I don't get EM.

Well, minority in a thread dedicated to EM maybe, but I believe the vast majority of Sisters fans "don't get" EM. No offence to Chris, he does a great job in the Sisters, but EM is just a totally different type of music.

They are a very different beast, definitely.

Personally I've always like that pop-punk Wildhearts/Hives vibe, so EM's take on it works a charm for me Cool

YMMV Very Happy
the cake is a lie
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #399  Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New choon.
Welcome To My Shangri-La

& it's a goody Very Happy We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #400  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And here's the cover art of the new album. Looks good ... somewhat reminds me of, err ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: