What is the title of the sing that became Black Planet??

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
jlupien
Road Kill

Hi, my memory may be failing me, but I vaguely recall hearing a song that was using the music of Black Planet but not the lyrics? I think it was the original version the song, but it was modified to become BP. Can you point me to a bootleg site? Thanks!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hi there, jlupien ... and welcome here ... :D ...

You can find instrumental versions of Black Planet on ECHOES VOL. IV CD, Wide Receiver and In The Shadow Of Angels 12".

Also there are three mixes on The WEA Mixes CD

Though most possibly you're thinking of this Victims Of Circumstance bootleg, which is based on this cassette...

There (and elsewhere too), Black Planet is referred to Dance On Glass.
Listen to it on YouTube with Hussey singing about Saints And Martyrs ... ImageImage ...

And yeah, there would be a Saints And Martyrs bootleg page in the Wiki, if we had got that far by now,
but we haven't ... so for this one, we would have to refer you to the ultimatesistersguide or to sistersbootlegs ... 8) ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

La Hussey's lyrics on that version of Dance On Glass eventually mutated into the Mission song of the same name.

(Edited to circumvent the "swear" filter)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
jlupien
Road Kill

Thanks for welcoming me!
Oh brill, Dance on glass's what i was looking for :D I have never heard The m*****n song, now you got me all curious :D

Thanks Being645 for all this info, I'll get going on the links you have suggested! Lots of good music in sight for today!

Cheers everyone :D
jlupien
Road Kill

? why has the forum engine treated the word m*****n as a swear word???
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Heh, it's considered a curse-word around here :wink:
jlupien
Road Kill

Yeah, I get why after reading a little more (I am such a noob sorry):D I just wondered as Markfiend managed to have it to appear in his post :D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

jlupien wrote:Yeah, I get why after reading a little more (I am such a noob sorry):D I just wondered as Markfiend managed to have it to appear in his post :D
he cheated :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Quiff Boy wrote:
jlupien wrote:Yeah, I get why after reading a little more (I am such a noob sorry):D I just wondered as Markfiend managed to have it to appear in his post :D
he cheated :lol:
Maybe it's time to Let Sleeping Dogs Lie.... :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You know what else became a full song?
Where Spirits Fly ( the Soundcheck song), but in this case was done by Ghost Dance.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:La Hussey's lyrics on that version of Dance On Glass eventually mutated into the Mission song of the same name.
No they didn't. Only the title made it into the later song. Some lines ended up in other Mission songs (Sacrilege, Garden Of Delight and particularly Naked And Savage) and the rest were ditched.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:
markfiend wrote:La Hussey's lyrics on that version of Dance On Glass eventually mutated into the Mission song of the same name.
No they didn't. Only the title made it into the later song. Some lines ended up in other Mission songs (Sacrilege, Garden Of Delight and particularly Naked And Savage) and the rest were ditched.
Well I'll be knocked down with a feather. You're right and I'm wrong.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Well I'll be knocked down with a feather. You're right and I'm wrong.
We might have to mark that in the calendar. :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Wayne has just uploaded this straight from his master tape:

Saints & Martyrs (Dance On Glass)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:Wayne has just uploaded this straight from his master tape:

Saints & Martyrs (Dance On Glass)
Fantastic! 8) cheers for the link Simon, and Wayne for putting it up :notworthy:
Swinnow
Overbomber

I saw this one emerge again and feared more "us" and "them" zealotry but am now thinking thanks for the Easter Egg Scardy and ta to Wayne too.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wayne's a good boy really.

I'm off to adjust the name of my bootleg of this track.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
Swinnow
Overbomber

Gaijin wrote:Wayne's a good boy really.
Indeed :notworthy:
But he does have a very big nose :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....