How Do I Copy A DVD?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I just got a VHS converted to DVD at some local shop, problem is, I have no idea how to duplicate the disc they've given me...

Anyone know how best to go around this?

I'm running Windows Vista by the way.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
James Blast
Banned

Maisey wrote:I'm running Windows Vista by the way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

if its something they did at a shop its probably a 4.7gb single layer dvd, which means that if you have a dvd-writer and the appropriate software it should be a simple case of getting some blank dvd-r or dvd+r discs from a shop and using your software to do a 'disc to disc' copy

its its a 9gb dual layer disc, like the ones they use for most commercial movies etc, it can get a bit tricker, but i doubt its going to be one of those if it was transferred at a shop.

there are quite a few free dvd-cloning apps out there, you just need to ensure your pc has a dvd-writer (most newer ones do - older ones tend to just have cd-writers)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

nice avatar quiff boy - looks like my boss^^

I don't know the keyfeatures of vista but I suggest to get NERO for burning your discs. You can choose 1:1 copy and Nero will do the rest for you. Usually NERO is bundled with most computers or DVD writers (maybe on one of the discs you get with a new computer).
robertzombie
Overbomber

Download a program called DVD Decrypter.

To copy the DVD to the PC go: Mode > ISO > Read.
Then chose a destination on your PC to save the ISO file (this is an "image" of the DVD). The final size should be less than 4.7GB (in order to fit on a standard DVD-R).

Once that's done (should take about 10mins) on DVD Decrypter go: Mode > ISO > Write.
Select the relevant ISO file, and click the burn button! Make sure the write speed is less than 6x!

Then, assuming it's what I think it is, you can give it to me on Saturday :D :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

CloneCD is the one I use. Zeno can probably vouch for it's quality regarding DVD's better than I. But PM me if you want it. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
psichonaut
Overbomber

nero forwindows is the best software tough, but you can try Alcohol 120%, but using Nero you can be satiesfied enough
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Nic
Slight Overbomber

psichonaut wrote:...but you can try Alcohol 120%...
It does the job but you'll have a hell of a hangover in the morning... :innocent:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
psichonaut
Overbomber

Nic wrote:
psichonaut wrote:...but you can try Alcohol 120%...
It does the job but you'll have a hell of a hangover in the morning... :innocent:
ya baisturt :lol: :lol: :lol:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I managed to get some software from the bowls of this new laptop to do the job, thanks for the advice guys :)
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Carcharoth
Road Kill

CloneDVD should do the trick.
Point me to the sky above
I can't get there on my own