Usage of the N word

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Oi, Zeno! *points* See what I mean about The N-Word... :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

But those tits are perfectly nice and edible :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LAFF OF THE YEAR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never thought I'd hear you say that, Z :innocent: :wink:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ah, well, I do do crazy stuff every now and then ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Silver_Owl
The Don

lazarus corporation wrote:taylor -I suggest you delete your post.
While we here are all for freedom of speech...Heartland will not tolerate derogatory terms as used above. Hence post edited accordingly.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

[whoops, i did a racism] is a bad word ? :eek:
Im not feeling bad if somebody call me caucasian male
my words doesnt seems offensive to me, i can do best in certain case
just my opinions on the future president of usa
Silver_Owl
The Don

taylor wrote:[whoops, i did a racism] is a bad word ? :eek:
Im not feeling bad if somebody call me caucasian male
my words doesnt seems offensive to me, i can do best in certain case
just my opinions on the future president of usa
Well, you're opening a whole can of worms there taylor.
It's offensive to some, a term of endearment to others.
[whoops, i did a racism]

• noun offensive a black person.

— USAGE The word [whoops, i did a racism] is very offensive and should not be used.

— ORIGIN from Spanish negro ‘black’.
..and that's the bottom line. As it says above - it should not be used.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Silver_Owl
The Don

boudicca wrote:Looks like the mods forgot everything else while creating the swear filter, so intent were they on beeping out the word "m*****n" :innocent: :lol:
;D :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

thanks hom :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@ Taylor...I didn't see your post before it was edited, but I take it you used a certain word. Let me just say this, that word is only considered "offensive" when used by non-African-Americans. All one needs do is watch a Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy comedy video to see how it is. I hear that word at least 100 times a day and it's from black people. It's perfectly acceptable for them. They can also use derogatory terms for people of other races or ethnic goups and it's not remarked upon. Fair? No. Just the way it is in this fcuked up country. Racism is a terrible thing and not isolated to any one group of people here. Is it any wonder so many citizens here hate it??
taylor
Slight Overbomber

@As it says above - it should not be used.

ok :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

msm67 wrote:@ Taylor...I didn't see your post before it was edited, but I take it you used a certain word. Let me just say this, that word is only considered "offensive" when used by non-African-Americans. All one needs do is watch a Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy comedy video to see how it is. I hear that word at least 100 times a day and it's from black people. It's perfectly acceptable for them. They can also use derogatory terms for people of other races or ethnic goups and it's not remarked upon. Fair? No. Just the way it is in this fcuked up country. Racism is a terrible thing and not isolated to any one group of people here. Is it any wonder so many citizens here hate it??
I have felt the ruler of the Mods upon mine own fingers as well about this issue.

I also used the term, but then as the R&B homies so often like to use it, being 'n**gaz'.

I respected this decision from then on, but I also find it very weird that black (or even white! :eek:) r'n'b musicians or rappers can use the term to their own liking, but when 'white people' use the term it is racism.

Ah well, can of worms indeed. The mods are right and almost always correct and fair and I respect their every decision. And so should each and all of you.

;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

Bottom line though is that use of the N word might get people who browse from work into trouble, irrespective of the rationale behind it. We don't want that, do we? So I support the mods decision here, myself.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
msm67 wrote:@ Taylor...I didn't see your post before it was edited, but I take it you used a certain word. Let me just say this, that word is only considered "offensive" when used by non-African-Americans. All one needs do is watch a Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy comedy video to see how it is. I hear that word at least 100 times a day and it's from black people. It's perfectly acceptable for them. They can also use derogatory terms for people of other races or ethnic goups and it's not remarked upon. Fair? No. Just the way it is in this fcuked up country. Racism is a terrible thing and not isolated to any one group of people here. Is it any wonder so many citizens here hate it??
I have felt the ruler of the Mods upon mine own fingers as well about this issue.

I also used the term, but then as the R&B homies so often like to use it, being 'n**gaz'.

I respected this decision from then on, but I also find it very weird that black (or even white! :eek:) r'n'b musicians or rappers can use the term to their own liking, but when 'white people' use the term it is racism.

Ah well, can of worms indeed. The mods are right and almost always correct and fair and I respect their every decision. And so should each and all of you.

;D

IZ.
It's really all in the usage of the word. As caucasians we have no right to use the word. As a race we are in absolutely no position to call a person of colour a [whoops, i did a racism]. Ice Cube said something along the lines of... he will continue to use the word until the african-american race was universally accepted as a slave race and until the slavery was lifted he would continue to empower him and his people by taking the word away from the white man.
In practice, its use and meaning are heavily dependent on context.[1] Presently, the word nigga is used more liberally among younger members[2] of all races and ethnicities in the United States, although its use by persons not of African descent is still widely viewed as unacceptable and hostile, even when used without intentional prejudice. In addition to African Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Latin Americans and European Americans[3][4] have adopted the term as part of their vernacular.

There is conflicting popular opinion on whether there is any meaningful difference between nigga and [whoops, i did a racism] as a spoken term.[5] Many people consider the terms to be equally pejorative, and the use of nigga both in and outside African American communities remains controversial.[6] H. Lewis Smith, author of Bury that Sucka: A Scandalous Affair with the N-word, believes that "replacing the 'er' with an 'a' changes nothing other than the pronunciation"[7] and the African American Registry notes, "Brother (Brotha) and Sister (Sistah or Sista) are terms of endearment. [whoops, i did a racism] was and still is a word of disrespect."[8] The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a civil rights group, condemns use of both nigga and [whoops, i did a racism].[5]

Some African-Americans express considerable offense when referred to as a nigga by caucasian people, but not if they are called the same by other African-Americans, or by some other minority, as a term of endearment.[5] In this case, the term may be seen either as a symbol of brotherhood,[9] similar to the usage of the words dude and bro and its use outside a defined social group an unwelcome cultural appropriation. Critics have derided this as a double standard.[3]
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

Are we trying to set some kind of record for most thread splits! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

BUGGERY BUGGERY BOLLOCKS! Why do all these "controversial" threads keep getting split and started from my post (so that my name is on the thread). I did not sanction this! Let it be known! :lol:

:oops:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

boudicca wrote:BUGGERY BUGGERY BOLLOCKS! Why do all these "controversial" threads keep getting split and started from my post (so that my name is on the thread). I did not sanction this! Let it be known! :lol:

Because you're the person who derails them? :innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As caucasians we have no right to use the word
Really? Who decided that then?

You have the right to use any word you want; but be aware some words are offensive to others.
Silver_Owl
The Don

nodubmanshouts wrote:
As caucasians we have no right to use the word
Really? Who decided that then?

You have the right to use any word you want; but be aware some words are offensive to others.
IMO obviously. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ah, that's better :D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

lazarus corporation wrote:
boudicca wrote:BUGGERY BUGGERY BOLLOCKS! Why do all these "controversial" threads keep getting split and started from my post (so that my name is on the thread). I did not sanction this! Let it be known! :lol:

Derails... derails... I like to call it "opening up a new level of discussion"... :innocent: :oops:
Silver_Owl
The Don

boudicca wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:

Derails... derails... I like to call it "opening up a new level of discussion"... :innocent: :oops:
Troublemaking more like. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

robertzombie
Overbomber

Not that it matters but do we have any non-Caucasian members?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Yes.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.