Wedding music

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

Just spoke to a mate who was at a wedding in a Castle in germany last weekend - about 4am they played Temple of Love and the dancefloor was packed! A good omen I reckon 8)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Harvey Winston wrote:Just spoke to a mate who was at a wedding in a Castle in germany last weekend - about 4am they played Temple of Love and the dancefloor was packed! A good omen I reckon 8)
I was the best man at my mates wedding ( Sunsonic) and the DJ played Corrosion. The dancefloor however wasn't packed - just me and his older brother moshing. :lol: With the rest of the guests looking on in horror. :twisted: :lol:

A good omen you think? Of what? Von playing a gig in a castle in Germany? :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

amongst other things, Marian was played at mine: we made a human pyramid four tall. got pictures somewhere :lol: :lol:

best wedding music i was a guest at, no kidding, ~ 'love will tear us apart :?
Goths have feelings too
Silver_Owl
The Don

We had She's My Best Friend as our walking down the isle music.
Which was nice.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

Image good choice! (I assume it wasn't the wedding present version arf)
Hom_Corleone wrote: A good omen you think? Of what? Von playing a gig in a castle in Germany? :innocent:
:lol: what do you reckon? if von hasn't yet made a grandiose entrance down a sweeping staircase then he should blinking well put it on his to-do list.

I think it's a sign that all things are well and all manner of things are well :wink:

I spent a week putting together a playlist for the DJ (sourced by my wife-to-be's cousin) at my wedding. the bugger forgot it, at one point I heard him playing phil collins. I expect I need not explain my feelings towards phil collins as a musician and human being.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Harvey Winston wrote:I expect I need not explain my feelings towards phil collins as a musician and human being.
Go on - just for a laugh :lol:
Petseri
Overbomber

Does having a version of 1959 played live on the piano in the chapel count?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Petseri wrote:Does having a version of 1959 played live on the piano in the chapel count?
I should coco. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

Norman Hunter wrote:Go on - just for a laugh :lol:
ha! well the polite version is that the two biggest disasters in modern music were peter gabriel leaving genesis and phil collin's wife leaving him.

the impolite version is rather more terse... :wink:
ozjohn1
Amphetamine Filth

I mentioned in another thread that we had YCBTO at our wedding a couple of months ago, it went down like hot cakes, even if some of the oldies were tutting at this new fangled rock n roll thing. Hell at a wedding it is the only time the dj HAS to play what you want.
And Petseri, why didn't we think of 1959 for the church, we were racking our brains!! :lol:
smug as hell, they're coming...
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I had suede s "saturday night" , my wife dosen t like the sisies...
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Silence is platinum wrote:I had suede s "saturday night" , my wife dosen t like the sisies...
Not Whigfield's version? :lol:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

A wedding is an overrated christian habit.

Why celebrate you love eachother through eating dodgy salads, dancing to stupid 10CC / Dire Straits covers with your family, and all of this finding photographed? Not aven the Temple of Love Will Tear This Corrosion can save this.
guns & cars & accidents
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

call it handfasting then?
James Blast
Banned

streamline wrote:Not Whigfield's version? :lol:
Careful there!
dinky daisy sub edited by myself wrote:Why celebrate your love for each other through eating dodgy salads, dancing to stupid 10CC/Dire Straits covers with your family
let it happen or take control and you'll have a riot either way - think about it

I have been to many great weddings, enjoyed the hell outta myself and met old family members that stirred up great memories.

Lighten up FFS!

Jeeziz!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:A wedding is an overrated christian habit.
Wedding is not just a christian habit, wedding was, and is, also a pagan ritual. Whilst i think most weddings are horrible and turgid and laughable, i think the ritual itself has some merit (though not the jewish/christian version, nor i think any versions of any organized religions, because they are jokes themselves).

My official wedding was a strictly civil affair with a couple of witnesses, but we had something quite nonofficial by way of a real ritual.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

itnAklipse wrote:we had something quite nonofficial by way of a real ritual.
Misanthrope Fest, the First Edition, when it was still one day, one podium and 100 visitors :lol:

Weddings or no, we ain't wed because we don't need to be wed to show the world we love each other.

Marriage just makes a lot of paperwork easier in the 'building a house/having kids' area, yes even in 2008 peeps :|

But each to his/her own, I enjoyed a lot of weddings in the past, because they are mostly happy affairs, and every reason to celebrate, to drink free booze and to have a big jolly time should be embraced IMO :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

i didnt realise weeding was a christian or pagan ritual. i never saw it mentionned in the weeding section i just do it for the music.............................................................................................................................................ahh,um, "wedding", a small misreading of words there,

or should we set a general wedding section? members could get married to each otther......

(gets coat , sidles away.)
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

I do like the idea of otter marriage though. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I had to attend to a wedding a while ago - there was no DJ music but this strange guy who sang during playing on his very japanese sounding keyboard for the whole evening.

It was a good feeling when I was able to rehabilitate my ears with good tunes in my car on the way back@home ;D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

nigel d wrote:or should we set a general wedding section? members could get married to each otther......
Cause THAT'S never happened here before. :lol:

In my case, I just found a boyfriend for a while, but I understand some SexyGoths weren't so lucky. ;)
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

at least we have an engaged couple ;D
Michael.Wood
Road Kill

How very romantic.
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm waiting till it goes to Sharing! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.