Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Paradiso Feb 24th.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #26  Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ozpat wrote:

I'd prefer a bar where smoking is still "allowed".

You mean there's no more Coffee Shops. Surprised It wasn't me...
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #27  Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ozpat wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
splintered thing wrote:
We are still planning, but hopefully me and Mr splintered thing will be there!! Very excited.

Nice to have the Australian contingent representing. Wink

So...any suggestions for a decent bar pre gig to meet up?

I'd prefer a bar where smoking is still "allowed". Though I thought there where none left in Holland ever since the ban earlier this year, I was nicely suprised last Saturday visiting a bar where smoking was no problem at all. Very Happy

Well, what about Stones Cafe in the Red Light District. You can get stoned and drink in there. Wink
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #28  Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
Ozpat wrote:

Plenty of those but you can't get a descent drink in there. Mr. Green

@ Hom: Sounds just fine Steve! Wink
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #29  Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ozpat wrote:
TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
Ozpat wrote:

Plenty of those but you can't get a descent drink in there. Mr. Green

@ Hom: Sounds just fine Steve! Wink

OK. Anybody objections? Music is a bit Euro pop but we could always take over the sound system. It wasn't me... Laughing
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #30  Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No objections here. As long as we take over the sound system, which I'm counting on. Laughing
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like euro pop - it's just a matter of enough beer Wink
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #32  Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Time to update that "who's joining" list Steve?! Wink
alice
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #33  Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I will. Amsterdam, and Hamburg two days later seems cool. But Paradiso is such a great venue.
jenzi-benzi

PostPost #34  Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wierded Out Wierded Out Wierded Out

me not, i am approx 12,000 miles away
Drenchrom

PostPost #35  Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tickets have arrived. I'll be there.

matt..
Sid Wainwright
Road Kill

PostPost #36  Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After about three years of lurking in the guise of a 'guest' I've finally got around to signing up!
Is the Paradiso pretty easy to find? Despite actually spending around a year living in the Netherlands around 2002/3 the only bit I ever saw of Amsterdam was Schipol - so if anyone could offer me a few pointers I'd be very grateful!
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #37  Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Incidentally, does anyone have any ideas on how to buy tickets? I clicked on the link from the live news page but there doesn't seem to be an option to buy tickets on it... I also tried ticketmaster nl but they didn't show a listing.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #38  Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bangles wrote:
Incidentally, does anyone have any ideas on how to buy tickets? I clicked on the link from the live news page but there doesn't seem to be an option to buy tickets on it... I also tried ticketmaster nl but they didn't show a listing.

They do here.
http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist.htmI?l=EN&artist=SISTERS+OF+MERCY
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #39  Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
bangles wrote:

They do here.
http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist.htmI?l=EN&artist=SISTERS+OF+MERCY

Yup, that's where I got mine. Very Happy
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #40  Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sid Wainwright wrote:
After about three years of lurking in the guise of a 'guest' I've finally got around to signing up!
Is the Paradiso pretty easy to find? Despite actually spending around a year living in the Netherlands around 2002/3 the only bit I ever saw of Amsterdam was Schipol - so if anyone could offer me a few pointers I'd be very grateful!

Wow, so you worked as an employee on Schiphol, or what?

(Ah, Netherlands has more than Amsterdam, true. Typically big city-behaviour, very wrong)

But Sid. Does Google Earth or online roadmaps exist on the planet where you live...?

It is very to find. Take streetcar 1, 2, or 5 from the Central Station and hop off at the Leidseplein.

Lucky you, you have few months to find out how to travel from Schiphol to CS. It wasn't me...
Sid Wainwright
Road Kill

PostPost #41  Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:
Sid Wainwright wrote:

Wow, so you worked as an employee on Schiphol, or what?

(Ah, Netherlands has more than Amsterdam, true. Typically big city-behaviour, very wrong)

But Sid. Does Google Earth or online roadmaps exist on the planet where you live...?

It is very to find. Take streetcar 1, 2, or 5 from the Central Station and hop off at the Leidseplein.

Lucky you, you have few months to find out how to travel from Schiphol to CS. It wasn't me...
No, Dinky Daisy, I didn't work at Schipol - I lived in Heerenveen but passed through Schipol enough times to form an unhealthy attachment to the place!

Yes, Google Earth does exist where I am, but I thought I'd give someone the warm glow of satisfaction that comes from helping a newbie out! Thanks for the directions, by the way, now to find my way from Schipol to Centraal!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #42  Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What brought you to that place?! Either you are an ice skater, soccer player or a farmer. Fryslan Boppe... Very Happy

Welcome to HL! Cool
Sid Wainwright
Road Kill

PostPost #43  Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that sums up Heerenveen very well Smile
None of those applied to me, though - I just knew someone who married a Heerenveener and ended up living there myself...
Thanks for the welcome![/quote]
GC

PostPost #44  Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw on the Paradiso website that O'Death are support.

"O’Death draws on traditional folk, bluegrass, punk, gypsy music, metal, swing and jazz stylings." (no Goff) Laughing
GC

PostPost #45  Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just been listening to them, Dead Kennedys meets The Levellers.....
paul
Overbomber

PostPost #46  Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gollum's Cock wrote:

"O’Death draws on traditional folk, bluegrass, punk, gypsy music, metal, swing and jazz stylings." (no Goff) Laughing

... fortunately there's a bar ...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #47  Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gollum's Cock wrote:

to me, that's Bush meets Hitler.
paul
Overbomber

PostPost #48  Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:

to me, that's Bush meets Hitler.

Laughing Laughing We are not worthy!
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #49  Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gollum's Cock wrote:

at last support for me Mr. Green
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #50  Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.myspace.com/odeath
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: