E-Werk Cologne, March 6, 2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for sharing your pictures Wrecker - awesome shots! :notworthy:
lachert
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Is that an ugly, smelly, unhealthy cigarette beside this lovely wristband? :eek: tsk tsk.
must be on suzanne then... ;D
long live rock'n'roll
trashmatt
Road Kill

t was a cigarrette...but the only one during the show and in wiesbaden he didnt smoke any
Cyberbio
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

back from cologne! Really a great gig - same level as Berlin.

So, personally, my ranking so far:

Brussels (out of ranking, because special)

Berlin, Cologne (top)

Dresden, Munich, Wiesbaden (great)

Hamburg (have they played Hamburg?)

greatings to all I have seen and spoken to!

Resting......
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
Buelbringer
Road Kill

That was really a great show! Andrew was in a good mood. Often enough I read that his voice was gone, but not yesterday. I was in front of the stage and it was a tremendous atmosphere. Sound was not so bad there, but could have been a bit louder – I heard my colleague in my right ear often louder than :von: .
It was a pleasure to meet some of you first time and having a beer together in the Limes :notworthy: thanks! Special regards to our Italian Psichonaut, hope you got your camera back and managed to catch your plane!
Summarized: A perfect night! ;D
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Cyberbio wrote:back from cologne! Really a great gig - same level as Berlin.

Berlin, Cologne (top)

Resting......
Why was brussels special comparing to the other concerts?
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Cyberbio

cardoman wrote:

Berlin, Cologne (top)

Resting......
special = more than top. Well, special setlist, superb crowd - can not describe it in a better way - I really loved that gig....
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
eotunun
Overbomber

:eek: Wow! :D That was a Top Night out!

I like² Trains! -Maybe they were slightly weird a choice as opener for the Sissies, but then some silence before the storm works quite well either as starter for the show, and their tunes and sound surely are a pleasant to hear. I was surprised in the most positive of ways!

The Sisters themselves delivered a great show, I found the sound very well mixed, Andrew's voice at full health. with him playing around with the lyrics rather much I suppose (not sure, I didn't hear too much of them over my own shouting). The audience in a good mood, a good but not too wild moshpit-A bloody great night and intensive experience I won't forget in a long time!
A point on my list of things to do was "Join a moshpit". Sorted.. ;D
Too bad I don't know who that girl in the red shirt is that was flying about in there all the time.. :wink: :innocent: ;DLuverlyluverlyluvery!
A most remarkable bit: there was an older chap who turned out to be a doctor from my hometown in the audience who was living up the show. Aged 84.. ;D Now I know growing old must not necessarily be a bad thing!
If you read this: Keep rocking, mate! :notworthy:

The private part of the story:
Psichonaut stayed with me for a few days in advance of the gig, we had some great nights out (Believe me, Marco: We did! :wink:) and lots of fun talking and joking. Koen, Zeno and Andrew S took a nap after the show in Jumsville as well, so this moring mainly was a breakfast party. I had a great time here with you all!
The names of who got together were mentioned earlier, no need to repeat them here, I'd rather need to repeat the meeting instantly for I really had a good time!
Meeting Johnny Rev.7.0 and his Lady first was a nice surprise, thank you for that good chat mates! :notworthy:
Another pleasant thing was first meeting Darket, Emma (Poison Door Edition!) Till Artfuckand lps from the Poison Door Forum.
(@Heiko&Maja: I'll officially enlist the two of you as soon as you joined! ;D)
I can't really say any more than hey-It was so great! A lovely bunch you all are, I am happy to be part of it! :notworthy: :D
There is shadow under this red rock
_emma_
Overbomber

eotunun wrote: Emma (Poison Door Edition!)
Is Emma Poison Door Edition going to visit any other gigs outside Germany? I'd like to say hi. :lol:
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

Cyberbio wrote:
cardoman wrote:

Berlin, Cologne (top)

Resting......
special = more than top. Well, special setlist, superb crowd - can not describe it in a better way - I really loved that gig....
First or second night?
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

"I Like Trains" suffered from bad mixing yesterday. I believe they sounded anywhere between The Editors, Interpol, and Nick Cave. Their set was ok, but I'll definitely have to hear some studio works of them.

Though I really liked their last song... anyone knows what it's called?

As for the Sisters... The "new" songs were rather underrepresented in yesterday's set, but I love how they work with their vintage material. Why won't they give it a try with "Body Electric"? Please? ;-)
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Emily
Road Kill

_emma_ wrote:
eotunun wrote: Emma (Poison Door Edition!)
Is Emma Poison Door Edition going to visit any other gigs outside Germany? I'd like to say hi. :lol:
Hi there,

this is obviously the poison door edition of Emma ;).

Well, after this gig it is definately time to write my first posting here after some time already registered here.

For me, this gig was really the best one this tour I have seen so far. This is also because of those great people in the moshpit, some friends of mine and of course because of the Poison Door-crew.
So, thanks a lot guys, you helped to make this gig awesome, although Berlin was better in some other aspects.

And concerning other trips outside Germany: We are considering visiting Prague on April 1. We will see, but I will let you know :).
Cyberbio

242headhunter wrote:
Cyberbio wrote:
cardoman wrote: Why was brussels special comparing to the other concerts?
First or second night?
unfortunately I was only able to do the second night...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Jan wrote:"I Like Trains" suffered from bad mixing yesterday. I believe they sounded anywhere between The Editors, Interpol, and Nick Cave. Their set was ok, but I'll definitely have to hear some studio works of them.

Though I really liked their last song... anyone knows what it's called?

As for the Sisters... The "new" songs were rather underrepresented in yesterday's set, but I love how they work with their vintage material. Why won't they give it a try with "Body Electric"? Please? ;-)
an interesting diversion Jan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz6rLZRwT3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avJ9WhNhvxg

etc...

felt for them that they only had fixed lights all the way through their set. agreed, the last song was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-YcXjlglI
Goths have feelings too
Christian

Great stuff indeed - either on stage and in the audience. Best gig of the tour for me so far.
psichonaut
Overbomber

Obviousman, RadioJ, ....(i was too drunk to remember his name ;D ), me and Ozpat
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
psichonaut
Overbomber

some other pic from yesterday night

Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Another excellent gig. Sound down the front was slightly less than Wiesbaden but still good. The crowd was ten times more responsive and energetic than Wiesbaden and the band seemed to appreciate that.

The 'cigarette incident' was during Flood II and just a stage-prop. It wasn’t lit and he never smoked it. ;)

Pics: No security check on the way in (I had the full pat-down in Wiesbaden but used the Ozpat Method™ and was successful) so no probs getting my camera in. However, eventhough there were only three security on the barrier in Köln (compared to five in Wiesbaden) they were really shitty every time someone got their camera out. I took more pics than Wiesbaden but as I was row 2 and the mosh-pit kept slamming into me, most of them are crap. I do however have a nice selection of the ceiling, the backs of people’s heads and the floor. :urff: Consequently, anything I have salvaged is from the slower songs when it was darker and the crowd less animated. :roll:

Von in motion:

When I’ve sorted them all out, I’ll upload them somewhere and you can all steal them. :wink:

Surreal moment of the night:
During VT, when everyone’s going mental, the mosh kept surging, I kept getting tapped on the head repeatedly (lots of screaming, shouting and singing going on as well). When it happened a fourth time I spun around with fist raised and there was …Pat!

Pat: Sorry! Johnny! Got here late. Just wanted to say hello!
Johnny: Hey Pat! Good to see you again!
(Formal handshakes as the mosh surge still held)
Pat: Meet for a beer afterwards?
Johnny: Cool! See you later …
(And with that ... the mosh surge retreated and Pat disappeared into the maelstrom of bodies.) :lol:

Fabulous to chat to some familiar faces – Andrew, Paul, Zeno, Koen & Pat – and meet some new peeps – Lovely Donna, Judy, Peter (Buelbringer?) & Jürgen. Top guys and gals, one and all. :notworthy:

Oh, and Marco. Who introduced himself to me three times. But I’m also sure he introduced himself to the entire crowd in E-Werk and quite possibly Limes at the after show party. Crazy Italian dude. Looking at the above post you've found your camera and made your flight home safely. It's good to hear but ...you are as mad, as mad can be. :eek: :roll: :wink:

Left for Köln at 1pm and got home at 6am today. I’m getting far too old for this but I’m sure I’ll be there next time. 8)
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
psichonaut
Overbomber

thank you mate for the compliments...
i forgot to thanks all the people i met yesterday:
it was a top nite for sure
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

No worries my friend. I'm just glad you found your camera and got back home safely. But it was a pleasure to meet you. :notworthy:

Definitely a Top Nite Out. 8)
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Daysleeper
Road Kill

Hi eotunun,

here we are ;D .

Heiko & Maja from Solingen.
paul
Overbomber

The gig was ace, a great evening overall!

Nice to meet some of you (again), Llke John and Sabine, AndrewS, Marco, Frank, Eggi and Eva ofcourse ;-) , Ozpat, Filip (the crazy Belgian), Sven, the 3 Russian people at the front row, Christian Wojtysiac, Zeno, Koen and everyone else I forgot!

@ John: I managed to keep my clothes on 'till home :wink: :lol:

oh, and no thanks to the 2 Dutch dumb f*ckers standing in the lounge next to me talking rubbish about my Sisters tattoos while speaking in Dutch to eachother (assuming I would't understand, not realizing I am Dutch too...)
Last edited by paul on 07 Mar 2009, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.
Christian

My pleasure
:notworthy:

So you all got home well? I will e-mail Judy right away btw.
psichonaut
Overbomber

all the pics i made are now on my myspace
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... =173751149
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Great gig, really enjoyed it. :D

Way better than the last show in Cologne.

I'm sorry, that I couldn't go to the aftershow party and meet some of you but I was keeping more in the back than in the mosh pit this time as I was really happy that I made it to Cologne at all after suffering from the runs the whole night before :urff:

P.S. I like Arms, but the way :von: sings it somehow reminds me of UTG as he seems to mumble the vocals more than really singing...
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.