Recordings?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

So anybody have any recordings yet?

Is it just me or is Chris and Ben the best thing that has happened to Sisters since... I don't know when?
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing
paul
Overbomber

il duce wrote:So anybody have any recordings yet?

Is it just me or is Chris and Ben the best thing that has happened to Sisters since... I don't know when?
so you can sell them on Ebay? :twisted:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

He's gonna sell Ben and Chris on Ebay? :F
we've got beer and we've got fuel
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

:D
Last edited by il duce on 04 Nov 2008, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:

There's DrG's recording of the Buffalo gig kicking around here in the thread for that concert, it's highly recommended (I've listened to it three times already). Unfortunately it's not the whole gig, but you can't have everything.

Edit to add: I wasn't convinced about Ben at first, but I've been won over. 8)
Last edited by markfiend on 03 Nov 2008, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

il duce wrote:So anybody have any recordings yet?
here's one or two floating about in the 2008/2009 section for download i think :)
absolutely. they have brought life, energy & enthusiasm to the setup - something that had been missing for a few years prior to their arrival... seems to have reinvigorated eldritch too.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I just edited my previous post with a link to the Buffalo download. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote::lol:

There's DrG's recording of the Buffalo gig kicking around here in the thread for that concert, it's highly recommended (I've listened to it three times already). Unfortunately it's not the whole gig, but you can't have everything.

Edit to add: I wasn't convinced about Ben at first, but I've been won over. 8)
Three times??? I think I had been listining to it for about 15 times…………
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks a lot!!!
bobcat
Road Kill

hang tight. i taped toronto and a few people know about it on here. but ya everyone that doesnt tape is so eager to get recordings..chill out guys! in time.

some people like to trade only and im sorta on the fence what to do with mine once i transfer it. i usually share on dime all the time.

will see. ill have something soon and let you know. particularly if theres other tapers around let me know.

there just might not be that many taping either. thats always a possibility
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

bobcat wrote:hang tight. i taped toronto and a few people know about it on here. but ya everyone that doesnt tape is so eager to get recordings..chill out guys! in time.

some people like to trade only and im sorta on the fence what to do with mine once i transfer it. i usually share on dime all the time.

will see. ill have something soon and let you know. particularly if theres other tapers around let me know.

there just might not be that many taping either. thats always a possibility
That's all fair enough IMO 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

Recordings of what?

The two first of my 3 montages from the Montreal gig:

Part I : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8emhHls70I
Part II : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm7LmiBpIv0
Part III : coming soon
paul
Overbomber

il duce wrote:Yeah, that is it!
I want to sell them on ebay. And when I have done that I am going to sit and burn them all on CDR's and walk around to all the recordstores I know and sell them there. I might also send them to Von with the names and adresses of everyone that has recorded them.
Before I joined this forum I worked on Wall Street, but since that whole crash-thingie I got broke and was planning on building up my new fortune with the help of The Sisters Of Mercy bootlegs. I mean, is there any band alive and playing today that has more cred? All the kids in my town are all Sisters fans and since it is pretty much all they play on MTV I figured the best way to make money is to fully concentrate on a bunch of has-beens that has not released anything for almost 20 years, that play small venues and were all the fans are middleages ex-goths but to much freetime on their hands.
Damn, you got me! Now I feel stupid that I was that easy to figure out. I am really embarrassed.

Really, I just thought it would be fun to listen to.
Calm down, I was just kidding ;-)
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

il duce wrote: Is it just me or is Chris and Ben the best thing that has happened to Sisters since... I don't know when?
you're right imo. the sisters are sex again.. rock n roll
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
DrG

Jenzi-B wrote about my recording of the Buffalo gig:
Three times??? I think I had been listining to it for about 15 times…………
Many thanks JB... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
... I appreciate your appreciation of my effort! 8)

I am currently listening to many great recordings of great gigs...
it is tour time people... please be safe and keep on recording! :wink:
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paul wrote:
il duce wrote:Yeah, that is it!
I want to sell them on ebay. And when I have done that I am going to sit and burn them all on CDR's and walk around to all the recordstores I know and sell them there. I might also send them to Von with the names and adresses of everyone that has recorded them.
Before I joined this forum I worked on Wall Street, but since that whole crash-thingie I got broke and was planning on building up my new fortune with the help of The Sisters Of Mercy bootlegs. I mean, is there any band alive and playing today that has more cred? All the kids in my town are all Sisters fans and since it is pretty much all they play on MTV I figured the best way to make money is to fully concentrate on a bunch of has-beens that has not released anything for almost 20 years, that play small venues and were all the fans are middleages ex-goths but to much freetime on their hands.
Damn, you got me! Now I feel stupid that I was that easy to figure out. I am really embarrassed.

Really, I just thought it would be fun to listen to.
Calm down, I was just kidding ;-)
I kinda liked the answer Paul! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: Edit to add: I wasn't convinced about Ben at first, but I've been won over. 8)
Same here :D He dares more than before, and/or is given more space.

So, now it's time to start worrying about Chris instead - he's an ambitious young man who wants success and fame for his Eureka Machines, and I can very much understand him.

well, the Sisters do get mentioned, indirectly

I'm afraid if the EM success and the Sisters stalemate continue, he won't stay very long. That would be very sad, because I think he fits perfectly in the Sisters!
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

Recordings? Part III of my montage of the Montreal gig : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8jcz8IylVw
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Martin wrote:Recordings? Part III of my montage of the Montreal gig : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8jcz8IylVw
nice work :notworthy:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

xfloorshowx wrote:
Martin wrote:Recordings? Part III of my montage of the Montreal gig : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8jcz8IylVw
nice work :notworthy:
Well done indeed! Thank you! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
paul
Overbomber

Nice, thanks!
bismarck

if someone can upload an mp3 file to this thread, i'll email you an mp3 of VT from NYC last night. just PM me or post your email here. I leave for New Haven in about a half hour. Thanks.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck