Video from 2008/2009 Tour

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

Before we have to search for video in 30 threads...
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

YouTube versions of my HD footage. I captured clips from the Montreal gig in 1280x720 pixels with my Samsung NV HD24, from about the 4th row.

PART I:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8emhHls70I

PART II:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm7LmiBpIv0

PART III:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8jcz8IylVw
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

what an enlightment to see such bright and close shots. I remember shows where camera's were strictly forbidden.
guns & cars & accidents
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

I remember these times too! With all the cellphones up in the air during a show these days, I think most of the security staffs just have to let go! Some say "take pictures but dont film", knowing pictures will look like crap. Others tolerate a few short shots, but not filming the entire show...

But it seems the doormen don't know yet we can capture something else that the s**t pixelized clips we usually see on YouTube.
dummkopf
Amphetamine Filth

I think the days where one could pretty much do whatever one pleased to do with a digital still cam have come to an end. security staff is very well aware of people shooting video and they do stop them where- and whenever they can. they spot you, get behind you and take a look at your display if it isn;t obvious in the first place what one is up to. if you are sort of stealthing and they see it they will also approach. a lot of major venues have increased their security staff it seems. they have them walking around the venue constantly. ever been to Blender theatre in NYC. it's the worst. total surveillance, big brother style.
sometimes though there tends to be a slight confusion amongst them regarding the policy. photo/recording policies are not always the same, depending on who plays and what venue a band plays. security staff mostly works more than one venue. I overheard several of their discussions at Irving Plaza at the Sisters show about 'what's the policy? no recording, right?!'
Unfortunatley for me the one that shut me down had his facts straight and did his homework prior to the show. while the folks close to front row where left pretty much unhassled for all I could see the balcony crowd was under tight observation. also it doesn't help when you have a rowdy, pushy aggressive c**t behind you, trying to push her way to the frontrow of the balcony. "man, I paid a lot of money for this show"... well yeah, show up earlier bitch...

all that being said, here's a clip of New York City @ Irving Plaza Nov 3 2008
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Lots of video footage on the (unofficial) myspace - Martin's three parts and a lot more also from Montreal - apparently adding videos as they turn up so I'm keeping an eye on it.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =446230748
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

I guess they will soon release a special model with a button to shut down the screen. Myself, I often imagined to stick a playing card on it to be more discreet.

From my experience (see my YouTube profile), security staffs here in Montreal are less aggressive now than two years ago. And I guess it's because of the increasing popularity of cellphones capable of taking pictures. But I don't usually see big mainstreams shows, like, let's say, Madonna or Metallica, in big and well organized theaters. Some artists want the security to be more severe on that matter. Others seems to just not care. I've been caught a couple of times. I then had to erase my memory card.

But I film less now for another reason that trying not to be caught : there's a distance between you and the real thing when you keep staring at your camera all night long. You then have a real good souvenir of a moment you didn't lived. What's the point then?

For this particular show, I wasn't sure if I could film. When I saw screens all over me, I putted out my camera from my jacket. And I didn't film for too long. Top of that, I tipped the waiter a lot for my first two beers so instead of annoying me with my illegal behavior, he crouched when he passed in front of me! :)
dummkopf
Amphetamine Filth

with 'major' venues I didn't necessarily mean arenas that host Madonna and Metallica but corporate spaces, run by LiveNation or similar companies. Capacity is not a measure here as it ranges from 150 to pretty much open end.

if I had a say in it ALL cell phones and digi cams would have been banned from permormances a long time ago. who wants to be on the floor and have their view obstructed by a sea of lit up lcd displays?! I've been at shows not knowing whether to laugh or smack people fiddling around with their gadgets right infront of my face. at least find yourself a decent spot on the balcony or by the wall where nobody is standing behind you.
bobcat
Road Kill

im sure that annoys you. what annoys me is the tall bitches that stand right in front of you and they are clearly taller then you. no respect for the other person. it gets no my nerves the most. im like 5 11 with my shoes on so im not that short really but there are quite a few people out there that are like 6' plus.

same thing at the sisters show. they were coming on in about 5 minutes and these two taller guys squeezed right in front of me without giving two s**t. it just bothers me. im always looking in front and behind me making sure im not fuckin over someone much shorter. B.S!

ok im done now. that is what bugs me the most
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Just be glad you're not at a Dutch show (average height of us cheese-munchers is about 6ft!). Thanks for the vids btw. - still wouldn't pay a penny to go and see that. Now if Adam came back...
JeffDub
Road Kill

Martin wrote:YouTube versions of my HD footage. I captured clips from the Montreal gig in 1280x720 pixels with my Samsung NV HD24, from about the 4th row.
Why did you film clips of songs instead of a few full songs if you were not filming the whole show ? Sorry buy I see no interest at all here...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

JeffDub wrote: Why did you film clips of songs instead of a few full songs if you were not filming the whole show ? Sorry buy I see no interest at all here...
Do you have own videos on Youtube so we can compare whose are more interesting?
JeffDub
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:
JeffDub wrote: Why did you film clips of songs instead of a few full songs if you were not filming the whole show ? Sorry buy I see no interest at all here...
Do you have own videos on Youtube so we can compare whose are more interesting?
Well, actually, I found these from the same show actually and this is worth watching :
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?feature=rel ... XCQmnfXBUI

The guy filmed 7 songs total :
http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=jose ... iew=videos
And this is way more interesting to watch than one minute of each song.
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

JeffDub wrote:Why did you film clips of songs instead of a few full songs if you were not filming the whole show ? Sorry buy I see no interest at all here...
I want to capture the vibes of the show, not make bootlegs with crappy sound anyway. The gaps are filled in my head because I was there. I sometimes film whole songs, but...

Anyway. Screw you. I you like to listen to MP3 in 128 kbps and watching big square pixels, good for you! There's about one thousand of theses files!
JeffDub
Road Kill

Martin wrote:
JeffDub wrote:Why did you film clips of songs instead of a few full songs if you were not filming the whole show ? Sorry buy I see no interest at all here...
I want to capture the vibes of the show, not make bootlegs with crappy sound anyway. The gaps are filled in my head because I was there. I sometimes film whole songs, but...

Anyway. Screw you. I you like to listen to MP3 in 128 kbps and watching big square pixels, good for you! There's about one thousand of theses files!
A real gentleman, what a thrill !!!

Well, I just think that guy made a better job than you and I had pleasure watching his videos and not yours (found your short excerpts frustrating), thanks for sharing anyways and sorry for your ego.

(Did not get your point with MP3 by the way... but I am sure you're right)
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

JeffDub wrote:Well, I just think that guy made a better job than you and I had pleasure watching his videos and not yours (found your short excerpts frustrating), thanks for sharing anyways and sorry for your ego.

(Did not get your point with MP3 by the way... but I am sure you're right)
Did a better job" - This is Youtube not MTV ffs. Martin's a fan and it's all about having fun and personal memories - not to live up to someone elses expectations.
Last edited by Almiche V on 07 Nov 2008, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I'm grateful for every impression especially when I get my hands on it ;D

Even the shortest clips can be very valuable if you combine the stuff with other footage. Still no MTV but quite entertaining though.

before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQFScTppX4U&fmt=18
after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJofjSFYZeE&fmt=18

Don't hesitate to film what and how you wan't guys...
Silver_Owl
The Don

DocSommer wrote:Don't hesitate to film what and how you wan't guys...
:notworthy: :notworthy: And be grateful for what you get.... :roll: :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
DocSommer wrote:Don't hesitate to film what and how you wan't guys...
:notworthy: :notworthy: And be grateful for what you get.... :roll: :D
Exactly 8)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Thirded. I'm f*cking grateful that I got to *see* them this tour, and meet up/hang out with some wonderful folks again in the process! ;D :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

There's some great footage going around on Youtube thanks to DocSommer & Martin & all of the others that have put it on there for our enjoyment.

And I agree that we should be greatful for what we get.

I came across this great bit of software yesterday that you use to download videos from anywhere on the internet including YouTube, I've already used it a few times since I got it to download from there & it's really good kit, easy to use, fast & it's FREE :D :D :D
Here's the link for it....

http://www.nchsoftware.com/streamvcr/index.html

There's also other S/W from the same site that's great for converting any audio format into MP3 & other formats.
That's called "Switch Sound File Converter"
That's listed under the "products" tab on there, in the audio section.

They're all free & they work great & I know that I'll have plenty of use for them in the near future & for quite a time to come yet as well.

I know that with these 2 bits of S/W it might make putting DVDs & CDs together a lot easier for us all.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
bismarck

originalgoth wrote: I came across this great bit of software yesterday that you use to download videos from anywhere on the internet including YouTube.
Anything similar for Mac OSX that anyone knows about?
originalgoth

dummkopf wrote:I think the days where one could pretty much do whatever one pleased to do with a digital still cam have come to an end. security staff is very well aware of people shooting video and they do stop them where- and whenever they can.

all that being said, here's a clip of New York City @ Irving Plaza Nov 3 2008
When I lived in Ireland I filmed the entire gig of Morrissey a couple of years ago on my digi-cam without a problem from security & they were quite near me.

But then on the other side of that, I tried filming Human League in Dublin & got stopped by venue security & he took my camcorder off me but didn't take that tape out of it so I got about 8 songs of that gig.

Generally though, wherever possible I'll try & contact the band that I want to film & ask them if I can film the gig, that seems to work when you can contact someone from the band but that's not always easy if they haven't got a "Contact Us" button on their website.

New Model Army don't mind people filming their gigs even without asking, The m*****n wanted the rights to all footage I got of the 2 gigs I filmed.

I don't know what The Sisters want or don't want yet with regards my filming them in Portland & Seattle.

That's a great video of Alice :notworthy:

originalgoth

bismarck wrote:
originalgoth wrote: I came across this great bit of software yesterday that you use to download videos from anywhere on the internet including YouTube.
Here's a link for Mac for you
http://www.nchsoftware.com/software/index.html#104

bismarck

originalgoth wrote:
bismarck wrote:
Here's a link for Mac for you
http://www.nchsoftware.com/software/index.html#104

Wow, thanks. Great service, Señor Originalgoth.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck