Leeds - Sunday 27th

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

This was more like it!!!!!! For me anyhow!

As ever, the meet-up was great, made a new friend who is going to favourably review the Smurphs gig he never went to... can you beat that!

There were a lot less people at the venue than last night, but this was a lot better for hanging at the back of the front stage chaos and have a good listen and dance. Started with Vision Thing.... stormer, and carried on from there. Marian was a godsend and sounded great pumped up with a strong synth bass thing going on... really worked. Dr Jeep, not too sure.... he seems hell bent on demoting signature guitar parts down into the mix.... is this just me because i play guitar in the tribute ???? Come Together was nice and bouncy, The Floods seemed better than last night, Anaconda was strong. Slept is a grower for sure and after all this Valentine... sounded awsome indeed and just shows how the older and more minimallist material can sound when give the 90s treatment. Long may that continue (yeah right!)

As for Adam and Chris.... they've inspired a "Snub Smurph".... it is likely to be quite a frenetic guitar widdle.... the guantlet is layed down ;)

Really enjoyed the gig... first for me for a Sisters gig so delighted indeed.

Great weekend,
Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Great gig , good sound & good set .Better than the last time I saw em at Rock city . Could have done without the guy eating his girlfriends hair all night though :urff:

Saw a few peeps that I know - Gary from Manchester , Danny , Rich . T , & Rich .H from Salvation & a few others . Didn`t meet any of you lot though .
Took a few pics , they are ok considering the obvious handicap for photographers .
Thought Oceansize were crap !
I`m hoping to get hold of a recording of the gig in a few weeks , if anyone else gets a decent sounding copy I`d be very interested . I have some sisters & many other bands to trade (salvation,ghost dance, nephilim, Balaam etc etc )
Nice to hear Valentine live again :)
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!

Mister Paddy!!!!!

Intimidating poor old Adam till he ran away and hid in the smoke, shame on you Pad!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Saturday seemed okay gig, good mosh pit going on. Jessie doing a grand job with the ol' video camera. Stupid amount of smoke. Someone obviously forgot where the off button was :P

met just about everyone in the world at some some stage on Saturday. Hi 8)

.......and did my bit marketing HL.

Sunday, storming gig,

Lucretia just hadn't quite worked on Sat and, if memory serves, there seems to have been a few dropped notes along the way. however, Sun was faultless and the moshing was even better ;D

Chatted to the boys for a while after the gig, not too surprisingly, pretty knackered and ready to go home. wouldn't commit to a Summer Festivals tour, or not too surprisingly, any gen on new product :von: :roll:

Again hi to all those people that got "stickered", you know who you are :wink:

......and yeah, maybe building a human pyramid in the middle of Leeds city centre wasn't that wise, but it seemed fun at the time.

Yowsa, top nite out indeed 8)
Goths have feelings too
izzie wizzie
Road Kill

:notworthy: if anyone gets a decent copy of the Leeds gig-actually, Saturday OR sunday, I DEFINATELY would love a copy.Can a nyone oblige yet or is it too early. In fact, does anyone know if there'll be a video/dVD available?
izzie wizzie
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Hi there Izz.... when ive got mine ill let you know...

Welcome to Heartland btw :)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
izzie wizzie
Road Kill

thanx Paddy- much appreciated!
izzie
izzie wizzie
gramgrim

first time i've seen the sisters in years, thought it was excellent :twisted: was suprised to hear marian, do they ever play nine while nine? love that song.