eldritch beware

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

is this setting a precedent? :lol:

How to demand a refund from Billy Corgan

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... ins-refund

Eighty-nine dollars for over two hours of tuneless prog-metal dirges and not a hit in sight? Why not ask rock's most difficult frontman for your money back ...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

If there was a non-visibilty clause on the ticket :von: would be in debt forever

What about an 'It's not 1985 is it?' clause ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
James Blast
Banned

some cock at the Grauniad wrote:Corgan looked like he was taking it all in his stride and accepting the complaints. But then he ruined it all. As the fan left the stage, Corgan said: "By the way, I liked that song you wrote. What was it called? Take Your Dick Out of My Ass and Stick It In My Mouth? That was a big hit in Europe."

Beyond the childish and homophobic nature of this retort, it begs a serious question.
homophobic?

anyway, was the choice of Fleetwood Mac cover a hint at the election?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

No suprises here- its long been known that Billy is a prick, which is a shame as Zwan were great :innocent:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Syberberg

Distinctly Disgruntled Dodgey Darkling: You're not what I expected and I'd like my money back please.

Andrew Eldritch: You are and so would I.

:twisted: :wink:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
James Blast
Banned

that's why I'm voting with my feet this tour if it touches down on home turf
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

A musician does what he wants.

You only ask your money back if something goes terribly wrong live or on cd.

If I was to ask my money back for every time the Sisters did not play the songs I really wanted to hear (eg the whole Reptile House EP), I'd finally be able to buy that SSL table I'm hungering for for years now...

If you don't like what you hear, next time you don't go to the concert, simple as that. Corgan is digging his own grave this way, or maybe attracts some interesting people to his concerts now he plays prog/drone/ambient ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

a show that mostly emphasised new material, generally avoided old classics, and included at least 40 minutes of formless prog-metal dirges and artless, atonal drones?
I'm saying nowt. :innocent: :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eotunun
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Corgan is digging his own grave this way, or maybe attracts some interesting people to his concerts now he plays prog/drone/ambient ;D

IZ.
Maybe he merely attracts the ends of trajectories of rotting tomatoes flying through concert halls? ;D
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

A counter-heckle from AE would probably end any uprising.

Situations completely different with the Girls anyway. Frankly, if they even turn up we thank whatever spirits we invoke/partake in!

8)
psichonaut
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:If there was a non-visibilty clause on the ticket :von: would be in debt forever
but :von: avoids to ask ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
nodubmanshouts

The Sisters have always been entertainment, never art, which is what Mr Corgan is trying to achieve.

An entertainer plays what you want to hear, whether you know it or not.

An artist plays what he thinks you need to hear, whether you like it or not.

But either way, there's no money back on the way out.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Andrew would surely just reply Shut. The. Fück. Up.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Music "fans" are stupid cvnts. i really don't know what is so terribly wrong with people today - such f'n beggars.

i've little love for Corgan and his artistic pretensions, but it's good to see even people like him opposing the blind tyranny of the sheeple.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
DeWinter

Reckon Sisters fans have the sh*ttier end of the stick than the Pumpkins/Zwan fanbase.
Least with Corgan you're getting something new, rather than ninety minutes crammed with most of the songs you never liked played in a thrash stylee..
I wouldn't mind seeing the Pumpkins, but wont see TSOM until they've actually got something to tour with.
James Blast
Banned

:notworthy: Amen! :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
davedecay

new song title of the moment:

As the fan left the stage, Corgan said: "By the way, I liked that song you wrote. What was it called? Take Your Dick Out of My Ass and Stick It In My Mouth? That was a big hit in Europe."
nodubmanshouts

Anyone remember the Nephilim Festival of Fire?

First night was pretty different from a normal Neph night, pretty slow and somber.... but the second night kicked ass.

Now if only they'd told everyone that was the plan, I would have enjoyed the first night a lot, lot more...

And then they broke up :(
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...at least 40 minutes of formless prog-metal dirges and artless, atonal drones...
:eek:
Hmmmm... Maybe, after all these years, I could finally find a reason to *like* the 'Pumpkins?! :lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

... if they get a new lead singist, not one who sings thru their neb like Waxyl of that Gn'R crowd
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

James Blast wrote:... if they get a new lead singist, not one who sings thru their neb like Waxyl of that Gn'R crowd
:lol:

Aye. I still quite like "Cherub Rock," and I adore "Rhinoceros" - but overall, bleurgh. :urff:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: