The Sisters & the Ramones..almost a dream gig!!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
lachert
Overbomber

sisters / slayer / misfits / ramones / beatles / ministry / nomeansno / ac/dc / motorhead / pixies / siekiera :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
abridged
Slight Overbomber

There was a Sisters/Smiths gig if I remember correctly. I couldn't make it. Birmingham I think, though I could be wrong. Anyone go and if so any memories?
The Chancer Corporation
GC
Slight Overbomber

Nick Cave and The Sisters of Mercy (double headliner), supp GBOA and Macc Lads.
robertzombie
Overbomber

abridged wrote:There was a Sisters/Smiths gig if I remember correctly. I couldn't make it. Birmingham I think, though I could be wrong. Anyone go and if so any memories?
6 May 1983
University Of London Union, London

&

29 June 1983
Brixton Ace, London

Had I been alive I could've attended both :lol:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ta for that. thought I vaguely remembered it. I know Mr E. wasn't keen on Morrissey so it might've been an interesting encounter. Not sure what Morrissey thought of the Sisters...
The Chancer Corporation
robertzombie
Overbomber

There's a cracking recording of the Brixton gig. Apparently the taper recorded the Sisters too but has since lost it :(
funandprofit
Road Kill

Where did you find that Ramone? I'mplaying that gig. I'm surprised that popped up here
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
www.myspace.com/thereptilehaus
25men
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:
abridged wrote:There was a Sisters/Smiths gig if I remember correctly. I couldn't make it. Birmingham I think, though I could be wrong. Anyone go and if so any memories?

29 June 1983
Brixton Ace, London
quote]

Some of us remember that gig very well. We hung around in the foyer with Billy Duffy & Co. whilst the Smiths whined their way through their support slot.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Ramone wrote:Image
I've just realised that there's more than one way of drawing a 7-pointed star without lifting the pen from the paper!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

The sisters headlined the Superbang tour in Germany in 93, Ramones playing "Special Guest" status - don't suppose anyone has a recording of any of the gigs that they'd like to share, do they..? :innocent:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Is that the tour with Public Enema ? That would of been an interesting line-up to see.

We, Rosetta Stone played with Danielle Dax in Bradford just after her stint supporting the Sisters in the USA and because of our 'over whelming and much more responsive attention' at this gig I was called into a meeting at Rock City, Nottingham when we supported her again- because she objected to us supporting her and wanted us to play downstairs in the lower bar on our own. Rock City told her to feck off and told us to play as loud as we wanted!

We did. And we blew her off the stage :)

Oh...the good old days..I do miss them :(
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I remember you saying about that before.

I was at the Bradford gig, I'm not even sure we stayed for Danielle Dax :lol:

I've just remembered that I lost my house keys at that gig and had to break in when I got home...

... edit to add: mind you, I didn't get home till three days later, I may have lost my keys at the young lady's house I suppose. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
funandprofit
Road Kill

Saw her when she opend for sisters in San Fran in 1991. It was completely dreadfiul!
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
funandprofit
Road Kill

The show went well given the small size of the stage and sound system. Our setlist was:

FALAA
Train
Walk Away
Jolene
Lucretia
On The Wire
Marian
Dominion Mother Russia
Alice

Hopefully we'll have some vid posted soon. This friday nights show is at a much bigger/better venue. We're playing with a Joy Division tribute called Dead Souls. They are excellent.
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

And you don't play any new stuff since Guitar Tab Online doesnt support Still and Summer etc.
guns & cars & accidents
funandprofit
Road Kill

Oh you're a funny one aren't you! We dont play any new ones because we can learn only so many songs at once. Even though our original idea was to play only the early stuff we talked last week about playing Summer and Crash and Burn. That's probably it with the new stuff.
Michael

Rise and Reiterate