Major Tom, ground control has lost it!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

wham bam, repossession mam
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Pista
Cureboi

Knew there was summink dodgy about him.

It's the eyes innit?

:lol: :lol:

FFS, who will it be tomorrow?

I'd better shut up, it could be me....... :eek:
After all, I did buy a few Bowie albums.... :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

OMG. I just checked out the article (moronic argument, incidentally), and it finally dawned on me why Bowie looks "odd"/strange/not quite like himself (i.e., quite unlike the Bowie with whom I was obsessed for so many years as a kid) - he's had his friggin' teeth done. :eek: They're all even, pearly-white, and very fake-looking, now. Dunno why it took me so long to notice; colo(u)r me oblivious, I guess.
*Sigh* Ziggy, dear, I miss you... :cry: :evil: :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

SINsister wrote: he's had his friggin' teeth done. :eek:
I know, they're frakking awful, aren't they :evil:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:wham bam, repossession mam
Poor little Greenspan snuck out of the city,
Hung up on bailouts and slashed-back wages
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:
Ha ha ha
hee hee hee
I'm a repossessed home & you can't sell me.

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
Ha ha ha
hee hee hee
I'm a repossessed home & you can't sell me.

;D
:notworthy:

There's a car man, telling lots of lies,
Congress should give him money or the auto-business dies
There's a car-man, he flies in private jets,
He's told us not to worry cuz he knows he's going to get
eighteen billion, eighteen billion, let all his children boogie (in their fee-paying schools).
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've chatted to both Bowie and Eldritch in the past, and you know they both (used to) have the same teeth 'layout'... not sure what the word is... canines pushed a bit forward.
Pista
Cureboi

nodubmanshouts wrote:I've chatted to both Bowie and Eldritch in the past, and you know they both (used to) have the same teeth 'layout'... not sure what the word is... canines pushed a bit forward.
& yellow.
Richard Butler was similar.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

nodubmanshouts wrote:I've chatted to both Bowie and Eldritch in the past, and you know they both (used to) have the same teeth 'layout'... not sure what the word is... canines pushed a bit forward.
Right, and with upper incisors angled slightly inward. Hmm. Odd that two of my favorite musicians of all time have (or had) the same maxilla layout... :von:

ETA: actually, it's not the canines that are pushed forward, it's the maxillary lateral incisors (just like Kirsten Dunst's). Woo! I HEART Wikipedia. ;D :lol:

Lovely example of the "old" Bowie (and the dental layout in question!)... *le sigh*
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
Right, and with upper incisors angled slightly inward. Hmm. Odd that two of my favorite musicians of all time have (or had) the same maxilla layout... :von:
Hmmm...ze leedle grey cells start to clank. How many other musicians do you know that have the same maxilla layout? What common thread links them?

Consider this: Bowie and :von: were both born during the Golden Era of British Dentistry - are there other artists from that time that have the same dental form? It's a serious question - the shape of the mouth can affect the tone, maybe the reason that there were so many good musicians coming out of England in the 30 years after the war was a lcuky accident stemming from the shape and form for the maxillology?
Hank Moody
Badlander
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:he's had his friggin' teeth done. :eek:
He did have all his teeth fixed, but that was back in 1992, shortly before his wedding with top model Iman. They'd got totally fcuked because of drugs abuse.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

SINsister wrote:...it's the maxillary lateral incisors...
I'm convinced it's the narrow British jaw...I've got the same thing, although mine twist the other way (the back edge projects, rather than the front). My father's had exactly the same pattern (maybe that's the Scottish Variation...). When my wisdom teeth started coming in, there was no room for them - every tooth in my mouth started shifting around, looking for a new home :?

I escaped American orthodontia because I virtually never smiled with my mouth open, so I don't look like a toothpaste advert - and I like it! :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, I think a lot of people just look better with their "non-perfect" teeth...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

7anthea7 wrote:I escaped American orthodontia because I virtually never smiled with my mouth open, so I don't look like a toothpaste advert - and I like it! :wink:
I escaped it because: 1. my folks simply didn't have the money for braces, which b. the family dentist told them (erroneously) that I didn't need, anyway. As a result, I rarely smile in photos, because I hate my huge Mr.Ed-worthy "horse teeth" (my mom's own self-deprecating moniker for her large, protruding teeth) that look straight, but really aren't. I've got overlapping incisors, a nice cross-bite going on, my molars are all uneven, and my wisdom teeth (yes, I still have all 4 of them, knock on wood!) have, over the years, attempted to scale the back of my jaws in a desperate attempt to find room. At least they're not impacted...

I've always hated my overbite, because it makes for a "gummy" smile and seriously-unflattering camera angles and shadows (and rabbit/beaver comparisons - soooo sexy! :roll: :cry:); I think that's partially why I was so fond of Bowie's primly inward-slanting (i.e., non-"buck") front teeth. Meh. Self-conscious? You bet. Oddly enough, some people tell me that they think I have a beautiful smile... :eek: :urff:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Oddly enough, some people tell me that they think I have a beautiful smile... :eek: :urff:
The best people don't smile with their mouths, rather they smile with their whole persona. That's what makes your smile so beautiful :wink:
Hank Moody
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

SINsister wrote:I escaped it because: 1. my folks simply didn't have the money for braces, which b. the family dentist told them (erroneously) that I didn't need, anyway.
I hear that - lack of money was a factor with me as well; the choice was fix mine (cosmetic) fix my sister's (she got my mother's family teeth, complete with underbite - one of my uncles resembles nothing so much as a bulldog! :lol: )
Meh. Self-conscious? You bet. Oddly enough, some people tell me that they think I have a beautiful smile... :eek: :urff:
Silly girl - you're stunning! You obviously need to listen to those people...they see the things we don't see ourselves :)
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I had to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth out after a week of being unable to eat...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
orangehippo
Road Kill

oh my gosh. was that really a smile? what's wrong with his teeth? it looks fake!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

speaking of which...

i've got a dinner service made from the same material as those bad boys ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
eotunun
Overbomber

If trains derailed like that they'd vanish into far off gallaxies..
There is shadow under this red rock