03 04 2009 Budapest - POSTPONED

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

would these be any good?

;D
Being645
Above the Chemist

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not really, I guess ....
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I saw those a while back and tried them on. my eyesight has improved considerably since then..wtf? :eek:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

sziamiau wrote:It was great meeting you Steve, hope the way home wasn't too tiring. We did have a couple of good laughs, didn't we? Blueness I hope you got home okay too bad we couldn't meet.

@Ozpat..thanks! I did make it to at least one gig :lol: If you happen to be in Maastricht on Thursday or over the weekend I'll probably run into you.
Did you consider 'Bevrijdingsfestival' in Roermond on the 5th of May?
It's nice and if yes gimme a sign and we can share a drink or two.

Thanks for the contributions, links in this thread. :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Pista
Cureboi

_emma_ wrote:
Pista wrote:Shame we couldn't hook up with _emma_ & blueness. Hope you had a great night & got back home in 1 piece.
Shame indeed, well I spent a really long time sitting on those stone steps on the bank of Danube and I was alone.
Anyway -I'm just back home in 1 piece and I badly need my bathroom. :lol:
Yes, it was a great gig, absolutely! :D :notworthy:
More later. :D
:eek: :?
I think I saw you.
Around 4pm, I was down there to pick up my tix.
Did you not notice a MYHEARTLAND t-shirt-ed goff behind you?
D'oh!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:

I will be back in BP on the 3rd, but starting June I will be pretty permanent in the area:) maybe then we can actually meet up :)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

sziamiau wrote:
Ozpat wrote:

I will be back in BP on the 3rd, but starting June I will be pretty permanent in the area:) maybe then we can actually meet up :)
Okay, so we will. :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
_emma_
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
_emma_ wrote:
Pista wrote:Shame we couldn't hook up with _emma_ & blueness. Hope you had a great night & got back home in 1 piece.
Shame indeed, well I spent a really long time sitting on those stone steps on the bank of Danube and I was alone.
Anyway -I'm just back home in 1 piece and I badly need my bathroom. :lol:
Yes, it was a great gig, absolutely! :D :notworthy:
More later. :D
:eek: :?
I think I saw you.
Around 4pm, I was down there to pick up my tix.
Did you not notice a MYHEARTLAND t-shirt-ed goff behind you?
D'oh!
Nope, I was probably too absorbed by the river. :? :lol:
I think that this venue for a Sisters gig was one of the best ones imaginable (the factory in Luxemburg could compete, though).
I knew that this gig was going to happen on the ship on Danube, so I knew it would be lovely, but what I expected was a riverbank corrupted by noise, laughter, families with kids, bars, cruise boats, kissing teenagers, etc., and The Ship squeezed somewhere amongst it all. Whereas what I saw totally exceeded my expectations. It was a vast place with no people: huge, free river, empty road alongside, stark stone bank with steps on which I could sit alone for as long as I wanted and touch the river, and this big majestic ship in the centre of the scene. And the tourbus parked next to it. All this in sharp sunlight. So yes, I just sat there alone and wondered in which direction the river was flowing: according to what I remembered from geography classes, it should be flowing from me towards the ship, but when I watched the water it looked as if it was flowing from the ship towards me. :lol: I gave up and just assumed that the current is going in both directions at the same time.
As I entered the venue, I was delighted to see that there was no barrier AGAIN, plus the stage was smaller and lower than in Zagreb so I thought WOW This Is Heaven, this local alcohol that I drank one hour ago must have been poison, and now I'm dead and I'm in heaven while my body is still there at the riverbank. :lol: Can you imagine, that it was actually possible to touch the Lead Singer :eek: (Which some people did, as he bowed at the end of the gig, and he didn't seem to mind at all and just smiled friendly in response. Me, I wouldn't dare, cause the sparkling discharges I feel are piercing enough while just being so near in this electric field, so I suppose if I touched him the intensity would kill me. :lol:)
The one and only thing that spoiled the evening was the people with cameras. Again. I suppose that at a certain point we might have had much less smoke and maybe even more interaction, if it hadn't been for them. I love the smoke as much as I love the beautiful photos like the ones posted above, but you know what I mean. :? Oh well.
_emma_
Overbomber

All's fine and dandy, but how do I save them onto my hard disk? :?
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:
when you have opend a foto, doubbleclick the icon top left, choose "media", than choose "save under" - it saves the foto as a htm file, open this saved file with a fotoprogram and save in whatever format you like to. probably it works easier i some way
love is just a shot away
lachert
Overbomber

or just under the adress:
http://www.a38.hu/dinamikus/fenykep_nagy/13111
just change last two numbers from 11 to 34 :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:or just under the adress:
nice one!

:D :notworthy: :notworthy:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:or just under the adress:
You sly boots, you! :wink: Thanks! :kiss:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh yes, that's it, it works, thank you! :notworthy:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:
you are welcome btw :eek:
close652
Road Kill

Hello,

I have been a lurker of this forum for a long time (years?).
The reason I post is that I was there on the ship, it was my first SOM concert and I really liked them. I became a fan almost 20 years ago, but somehow never made it to a show.

So my question relates to the A38 show. Does anybody has any recordings of the encores? I have the main set (around 62 minutes), but due to glitch the encores were lost. Any kind of footage would be fine. I want to archive the whole show (and offer for weeding if there is interest). Please PM or email me.

Thank you!

(mods: If it is inappropriate please delete it.)
Druide
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

close652 wrote:Hello,

I have been a lurker of this forum for a long time (years?).
The reason I post is that I was there on the ship, it was my first SOM concert and I really liked them. I became a fan almost 20 years ago, but somehow never made it to a show.

So my question relates to the A38 show. Does anybody has any recordings of the encores? I have the main set (around 62 minutes), but due to glitch the encores were lost. Any kind of footage would be fine. I want to archive the whole show (and offer for weeding if there is interest). Please PM or email me.

Thank you!

(mods: If it is inappropriate please delete it.)
Nice...make a link with Rapidshare or Megaupload in Flac for all hlers...

THX :notworthy:
Blueness
Road Kill

Well I arrived back, and still alive... but had an indigestion and a cramp in my leg for days (thanks the gig for this second one :lol: ) some additional high school, and felt too tired for a long report... sorry for being late.

The bright side of the passed day: Eldritch!!! I saw and heard the TSOM! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Everything else went wrong (see above).

I arranged to meet sziamiau and others before the show, so I set off earlier than planned. However complications occured in the form of a train-substituting bus, a petulant railman, another belated train and a 9:30 awaiting time for the metro, so I didn't even reach the ship in time. Fortunately as I read the posts I arrived for the end Detonation Boulevard which means the loss of hearing two songs only.
After the leave-taking from Artemovsk my unseen companionship had to go because someone felt ill and I tried to catch up with sziamiau... she suggested to take a tram so I took a look at my map and instantly assaulted the putatively shortest way. Only when she became a bit impatient and called me I succeeded to find an orange line on the top of the orange line of the road... :urff: Afterall she missed the metro because of our talking... seems my bad luck with mass transport is virulent. :( no doubt in the course of time I reach the meeting point but I was already so exhausted and dejected I told her to go. Maybe next time :(

Despite this streak of bad luck I had a good time, and the gig was far above my expectations, which was already a high one (nonetheless some stuporous youtube users uploaded bad quality vids and commented bad things :) ). No, the songs were loud and clear and all of them could been recognized in the very first moment.
The stage hall was very crowded and those who had enough space for transposing their weight from one leg to the other were lucky but noone concerned it.
I found myself in the middle of the cheer when I entered and my mind still protested against the fact that the blurry figure in the smoke is Von himself and not a gruff-voiced hungarian actor when the first beats of my all-time favourite tune of Alice had sounded and from this moment there was no stopping till his final bow. So I started singing and jumping early :D It's such a good song Eldritch didn't have the need for changing it significally. I should have to been in the first row, but I get a fair position at the end.
Well, I only worried what if the B-versions of the old classics are disappointing compared to the original but I didn't have to. I think the FALAA on FALAA album is better than the remake still the rockier version has merits, and liked the new Marian too.
I was looking forward to hear the new song Far parade but it wasn't on the setlist... Nevermind, some day I will.
I have to agree with Pista; howling of the Flood were the highlight of the gig. Like Eldritch wanted to compensate us for the postponing and to prove to his audience he regained his voice. He proved it. It's unforgettable.
As the time for hits came we were getting more and more vivid until the floor waved like the Danube itself. Vision thing, Lucretia and they still had such energies like some kind of power plant has. :D

I tried to catch every moment so desperatedly at the end I realized why Temple of love is the last song every time; because we need them, but it won't last long from now... like they were apologizing for their farewell. Well, we'll run for an other.
Especially if they will surpass themselves once more. ;D

And thanks for the archives - far better than the videos of mine :notworthy:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

well Blueness good to see you are okay. sorrz I couldn't wait any longer I was a frozen cat by then and work the next day. holler at me whn you are in BP during May, then I will relocate to NL
schmerch
Road Kill

Touched by the hand of...
Just to see how close it was for some of us :notworthy:

_emma_
Overbomber

Hi schmerch, judging by the point of view are you the person who was standing right next to me and most of whose photos didn't come out because I was stubbornly and repeatedly trying to cover the lens with my hands? :innocent:
I was drunk. :urff: Sorry. ;D :kiss:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Whoa - talk about 'up close and personal'. :eek:

Nice shots - in spite of _emma_... :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
schmerch
Road Kill

it wasn´t me _emma_ was bothering ;D i had to watch it through my own eyes :eek: and ears to believe where am i!
But it´s ok, people who canstantly making cheap pics sucks! Hey, and there was really no time to play with a photo, this gig was too driving hot to waste time for playing with a cam, i think they will never appear so close again...but for sure as luminous!
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:Hi schmerch, judging by the point of view are you the person who was standing right next to me and most of whose photos didn't come out because I was stubbornly and repeatedly trying to cover the lens with my hands? :innocent:
I was drunk. :urff: Sorry. ;D :kiss:

:lol: ............ :notworthy: