Blog about Eldritch by Tony James

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Also on MySpace

http://www.carbonsiliconinc.com/blogs.aspx

Have a good weekend everyone 8)
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Nice one!! Thanks
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for that! :notworthy:
j3
Road Kill

Very cool. I just wish he'd gone on to talk about what it was working with Eldo from a "doing business" point of view.
Casar
Road Kill

Tony has posted stories on the recording of vision thing which I read some years ago...I think it was on the Sputniks site at the time. Don´t remember many details, except that he mentioned the manic habits of AE during the recording (not least the smack) and that Tony felt kind estranged to the process and even left it for a while. He couldn´t nail some bass parts so AE or whoever did them...I think that was for ribbons.

He wrote that the recording budget seemed very generous as they could afford to eat at luxurious restaurants. He also mentioned AE doing a million overdubs for certain parts on the album.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Change AE into AR and you have Chinese Democracy.
guns & cars & accidents
paul
Overbomber

Casar wrote: Don´t remember many details, except that he mentioned the manic habits of AE during the recording
I wonder what habits that could be ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

dinky daisy wrote:Change AE into AR and you have Chinese Democracy.
not exactly - they got Chinese Democracy
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

Casar wrote:He couldn´t nail some bass parts so AE or whoever did them...I think that was for ribbons.
IIRC that was Something Fast- Tony couldn't get the groove right; it was too slow.

...and the bass on Ribbons is well nigh inaudible anyway. :lol:
Left at the dead badger.
vicus

Casar wrote:Tony has posted stories on the recording of vision thing which I read some years ago...I think it was on the Sputniks site at the time. Don´t remember many details, except that he mentioned the manic habits of AE during the recording (not least the smack) and that Tony felt kind estranged to the process and even left it for a while. He couldn´t nail some bass parts so AE or whoever did them...I think that was for ribbons.

He wrote that the recording budget seemed very generous as they could afford to eat at luxurious restaurants. He also mentioned AE doing a million overdubs for certain parts on the album.
http://www.sputnikworld.com/history/history89_3.asp
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
silentNate

That autobiography makes great reading :notworthy:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria