Chris Starling Live Tracks

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Anyone got a copy of these (http://www.spencerbayles.com/starlings/mp3.html) they can bung over to me? I've been mainlining his two albums for a bit recently and remembered this set was out there, but I can't find them and they're not online anymore...

tia.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

wait 'till find this. :wink:
edit: and i have no f@cking idea where look to find it. :lol:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Cheers dude – scholar and a gent etc.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

that site you mention in the 1st post has an 'official' discog:

http://www.spencerbayles.com/starlings/discog.html

this site has some old stuff by chris' band 'the starlings' (circa 1991) to download

http://marvik.blogspot.com/search?q=starlings
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Let me add that I have both Starlings records, and they are fantastic.

edit: oh, I just clicked the link. Thanks for this.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Well spotted Quiff, that's great. Always wanted to hear the Starlings.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Then I'd highly recommend getting hold of Valid and Too Many Dogs. They're both bloody great records. As the review (formerly quoted on the TSOM site) said, it's a very odd sensation: you can see his hate, and disconcertingly enough, you can participate in it too.

Honestly, I can't recommend his work enough (though I've not yet had a chance to listen to these two ep's).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Just snaffled TMD off of ebay, so will give that a good listening to.