Those bootleggers ...

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
paul
Overbomber

Razorwire in use (how crappy can a title be :urff: )
click

This one is even worse: Crisscrosses in the dark :urff: :roll:
click

Or this one: BarSelona :lol:
click
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Ridicuul.... :lol:

:urff:
"as we walk on the floodland"
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

this greek trader strikes again...

..I guess his items will reach very high prices (as ususal) :urff:
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
Nic
Slight Overbomber

What a joke.
And he doesn't even mention that the two last ones are CDR's.

Can anyone spot the name of the Barcelona boot, "Merciful" something?
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
lachert
Overbomber

disgusting :urff:
long live rock'n'roll
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Nic wrote:What a joke.
And he doesn't even mention that the two last ones are CDR's.

Can anyone spot the name of the Barcelona boot, "Merciful" something?
'Mercyful Blind Crowd in Barcelona' bootleg - incomplete (73min)

Nic
Slight Overbomber

Cheers.

Nice name. :lol:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

the barcelona one is a silver cd(at least my copy)
i got in a record fair back in 2002
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote: This one is even worse: Crisscrosses in the dark
this is a truly inspired title, it could even top "cant await to meet my deadly friends", at least that one was on vinyl and coloured too ;D
NewbieOfMercy
Road Kill

How do you guys tell the "good" bootlegged material from real?
and with vinyl too?
I saw the other thread here about the test pressing and laughing about the guy putting them out to demand, is there a way to know that the vinyl is real or something?
I know a CD can be copied easier but vinyl?

How do you know what to look for on ebay and such?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Actually I was kind of wondering what the difference between the bootleggers from back in the day and the likes of the Greek guy is? Aren't they doing the same thing, except now with cds? Presumably :von: still dosen't approve of bootlegs? He had a particular dislike of interview discs if I remember rightly. Incidentially I came across an And Also the Trees bootleg tape on sale for £180 on ebay. Unbelievable. From Greece too. May be the same guy? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just curious!
The Chancer Corporation
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I guess the main difference is that, back then, the only way to get hold of bootlegs was to pay for them. Now anyone can burn a CD and download from the web so there's no need to pay any more. Bootlegging has become a lot more ethical, with trading communities (see the sharing and weeding sections on this very forum), a strong emphasis on letting everyone have access and no money changing hands.

In that sort of culture, people selling bootlegs - particularly for horribly inflated prices - are seen in a somewhat different light.

The old vinyls are still considered collectable by some but it's a whole different prospect now.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
paul
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:I guess the main difference is that, back then, the only way to get hold of bootlegs was to pay for them. Now anyone can burn a CD and download from the web so there's no need to pay any more. Bootlegging has become a lot more ethical, with trading communities (see the sharing and weeding sections on this very forum), a strong emphasis on letting everyone have access and no money changing hands.

In that sort of culture, people selling bootlegs - particularly for horribly inflated prices - are seen in a somewhat different light.

The old vinyls are still considered collectable by some but it's a whole different prospect now.
I totally agree, Stufarq!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote:Actually I was kind of wondering what the difference between the bootleggers from back in the day and the likes of the Greek guy is? Aren't they doing the same thing, except now with cds? Presumably :von: still dosen't approve of bootlegs? He had a particular dislike of interview discs if I remember rightly. Incidentially I came across an And Also the Trees bootleg tape on sale for £180 on ebay. Unbelievable. From Greece too. May be the same guy? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just curious!
1) Vinyl bootlegs are part of the sisters history- i love them
2) That tape wasnt a bootleg, its the 2nd official demo tape by aatt, rare as hell, but still that guy was asking too much.
3)it s not the same person as the bootleger
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ta for all the answers! Yeah I have a soft spot for the LP bootlegs, not sure about the CD ones. Agree totally that the sharing and weeding is a much better way of doing things than paying very high prices. Ah didn't realise the AATT tape was a genuine demo, but still far too dear.
The Chancer Corporation
NewbieOfMercy
Road Kill

So how do you spot a bootlegged vinyl?

Someone said on another thread you can just stick a blank white sticker on one and call it a test pressing, but surely anyone who knows what to look for can spot a real one?
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

NewbieOfMercy wrote:So how do you spot a bootlegged vinyl?
Those who buy boots are already have the official stuff, so theres nothing to spot.
Again if you have doubts just ask here or have a look here for a start:
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sisters+Of+Mercy%2C+The
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

60.99 USD for a CDR :eek: :eek: :eek:

Clicky
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
despair

That is just silly. This greek dude is really starting to annoy me, and I don't even buy CD-bootlegs!
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

got some of them which ended in the morning. Just because they were still missing. Think I saw a few other HLanders bidding... :wink:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

17.auflage wrote:got some of them which ended in the morning. Just because they were still missing. Think I saw a few other HLanders bidding... :wink:
I was one of them (for the same, obvious reason, the cds are missing in my collection). I placed bids for 2 cds but the bids were way too low - I think I wasn't even the 2nd or 3rd highest bidder :?
Last edited by Victim of Circumstance on 23 Feb 2009, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
despair

The guy says he is looking for traders, so I assume he got a lot of the stuff he's selling for free one way or another.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am pretty sure the Greek guy is Kostis Evangelos.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
taylor
Slight Overbomber

you are right mate
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

apart from the last magician of rational thought which is such a ludicrously pompous and meaningless title as to be brilliant, my favourite bootleg name is "...and you won't make me jealous...". s**t ever has to be anything with black in the title and uber s**t is the darks were in milan. no contest.

and visions in the forum would be a better title for a video. and visions of the sisters isn't as good as visions of mercy would have been. i could go on. :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: