The Scaramanga Six

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Last night I went to go watch a Leeds band called The Scaramanga Six. Possibley of note to those on here as being one of Chris Catalyst's previous bands.

They absolutely rocked and I urge you to check them out! Hole In The Wall and Misadventure are two tracks on their myspace which I've been listening to a lot. Its well crafted rock music like it should be done: Dramtic but not overbearing, forceful yet not without elegance - generally worth checking out.

I always enjoy seeing a live show of a band I don't know much about and going away with a feeling that I made the right choice to go watch them.

Clicky
Nationalise the f**king lot.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I thin I have some of their material from Chris's time in the band somewhere.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

I've got Scaramanga Six's "The Liar the Bitch and her Wardrobe", which is possibly the best name for an album ever.
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

New album out now too.

Saw them with the Eureka Machines in Bury last Friday.
Excellent night & highly recommended 8)
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I 'm listening to the 7" (yes, you heard right) I bought at the show: Baggage. It's really rather good!
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Phono Paul wrote:I've got Scaramanga Six's "The Liar the Bitch and her Wardrobe", which is possibly the best name for an album ever.
hell yes.

the track ugly face is a work of genius :D :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
maggieloveshopey
Road Kill

I have the Cabin Fever CD, not sure if Chris is on it or not, but it's a good record regardless. IIRC it was only a fiver from their website - well worth a punt if you're curious
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

here's one of their videos with chris playing percussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVWHuV0rLsM

and here's a new vid for their latest (post-chris) single - Misadventure:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=99904475026

(eagle-eyed viewers may spot a familiar image at about 2.17 :lol: :von: )
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?